Here comes the EXoS sailing out on Webcam

MrPete

Sure glad I' m not on that cruise! Take a look at the ocean predictions, waves over 22feet.

http://www.montauk-online.com/?doc=weather_offshore_report.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read on one of the boards that captain Olav was going to go around the storm (out east) as best he could. If it is possible to do, he will be the one to do it.

Steve

Sure glad I' m not on that cruise! Take a look at the ocean predictions, waves over 22feet.

http://www.montauk-online.com/?doc=weather_offshore_report.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's really not that unusual. I'd guess the crew would call it moderately rough. I was on a cruise not that long ago with 20 foot waves without an actual storm.

They will be just fine. A few people will be sick but it will be short lived. Tomorrow or the next day they will have sunny skies and calmer water.

Oasis faced 70' seas on the way over the pond. They can take it.

I've been in 20' seas. A lot of barf bombs on that cruise but thankfully we never get sick. We love the exhilaration of that cruise. I wish I was on EX right now.

They left wimpey fair weather cruisers and came back true harden all weather cruisers .....at least with lots of memories!!! priceless!!!!! just having a little fun! anyone who cruises a lot has been there

I read on one of the boards that captain Olav was going to go around the storm (out east) as best he could. If it is possible to do, he will be the one to do it.

Steve

He sure is. Such a fan of Captain Olav.

A mutual friend works on EoS and posted a video of the water/wind not too far out of the harbor and it was already rough!

just checked her position and shows her off the coast of jersey with a carnival ship(miracle) and Aida..all 3 reletively close together heading south?? odd would figure they would head east??? than South?? anyone know why they would toward the storm?:confused:

He sure is. Such a fan of Captain Olav.

A mutual friend works on EoS and posted a video of the water/wind not too far out of the harbor and it was already rough!

half my family is on this one... my sister texted before they left and said the captain is taking them out slow and then around it... but tracking online and on the radar they are decidedly heading South and not East, like i was hoping... its my sister and bro-in-law's first cruise... i was on a ship out of baltimore in the first big nor'easter of 2009, it was five days of absolute hell. never before that, and never since have i been seasick... but that storm... it was horrific. you couldn't have paid me to get onto EOS today.

just checked her position and shows her off the coast of jersey with a carnival ship(miracle) and Aida..all 3 reletively close together heading south?? odd would figure they would head east??? than South?? anyone know why they would toward the storm?:confused:

I had hear they were snugging the coast for more stable seas.

Archived