We Sail the South Pacific on HAL’s Newest Ship – the Queen Mary

SailorJack

Sailor Jack -- Thank you for such a great review! I'll tell you, I saw "Sailor Jack and Sailor Jill" in the review title and started laughing before I clicked the link!

One correction to your "since the invention of the remote control" though -- before the modern remote control was invented male viewers had to make their own remotes, they called them "children". :) In a pinch these "children" could step in to enhance the reception from the TV antenna as well.

LOved your review of your almost trip to TAHITI on the almost Queen Mary ..

WE must do that one together some day as it is one place I really want to go ...and it would be nice to go with a former WESTERNER from Vancouver and this Easterner from Montreal

AS usual looking forward to your pix ...enjoyed laughing at your fabulous words Good Job as always

WElcome back

Michele

Where is your next one?

Sailor Jack - I always love your reviews - but this one I think, is the very best so far:) I was laughing out loud so hard I think I scared my dogs:rolleyes: Wonderful review - thank you so very much:)

and welcome home from the Queen Mary;)

Glad you enjoyed it...sorry about the dogs.:D

SailorJack' date=' thanks so much for this most humorous cruise review I have ever read! Been on CC for a couple of years and this is the first I've come across. Now I'll have to start searching for 'back issues'.

Donna[/quote']

In case you have your signature turned off...links to my other reviews are in my signature.

glad to have another great review from you. :D

you must have a lot of interesting screen savers...;)

They do seem to add up - don't they.:D

Thanks SailorJack,

This was hilarious!!

When does the book come out? It would be a great read.... :D

We're off on the EasterBunny in 3 weeks time, so I will have a beer for you then. Must remember to pack my Bonnet. :)

Enjoy the ship...we had a great time on it. You must be on one of the last cruises before it goes into dry dock. Oh, and if you forget your Bonnet you can buy one in the Gallery.:)

Oh my, I read fiction quite a lot, but this was by far one of the best things I have read in quite a while!!! Thanks so much for making me laugh!!! Not sure yet if I should show my husband as I really would like to take a cruise for this length!!!

Thanks Sailor Jack for the great ending to my day. I certainly think you should have your reviews published. I would be among the first in line to buy your book.

Now to email my daughter and tell her you are back, she loves your reviews as well.

Helen

Jack, mate - honestly, I have to thank you big time (I don't know about picking up your bar bill, it might be a tad heavy, but I'd buy you a beer, maybe a San Miguel [Hong Kong-ese for "Send me a girl"]) for your delightful writing. Here I am, sitting in sunny Western Australia, working on a university essay on genocide and I need some distraction. And guess what? I find you. Is that serendipity, or what? Love, love, love your work! Please tell me you have a blog or have written a travel book.

I now need to dump my university studies and just read all your reviews.

Merci beaucoup beaucoup,

Bev

Bev, that is the first time I have heard the San Miguel thing...a regional reference? Good luck on your essay.:)

Another great review as always Sailor Jack! I m glad to hear that you had a fantastic cruise on the Easterbunny ummm The Queen Mary...

Where to on your next cruise? Maybe you will get to Tahiti one of these days!

Our next cruise is on Celebrity's Infinity - a 14 day cruise out of Buenos Aires to Antartica and back - in February. Need to buy some warm clothes for that trip!

PS..We are looking at a Princess sailing that goes to Tahiti later next year. I will definitely check the itinerary for that one! :)

Edited by SailorJack

Bev, that is the first time I have heard the San Miguel thing...a regional reference? Good luck on your essay.:)

Our next cruise is on Celebrity's Infinity - a 14 day cruise out of Buenos Aires to Antartica and back - in February. Need to buy some warm clothes for that trip!

PS..We are looking at a Princess sailing that goes to Tahiti later next year. I will definitely check the itinerary for that one! :)

Hi Jack,

I am going through all your reviews, and reading them out loud to my husband - the television goes off, and Sailor Jack comes out. Thanks so much.

Cheers .. Bev

SailorJack I want to thank you for another great read and getting me in trouble with the DW. I was laughing so hard she got out of bed to tell me to hold it down. I couldn't stop laughing when I turned toward her and she thought I was laughing at her. So tonight I get to watch TV in the living room as long as I like while laying on the couch.:D

Thanks Again for the review.

Sorry about the couch...I have been there a few times myself!:D

Your Australian fans are also falling about laughing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1731605

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the link. We have become great fans of Australia. This was our third trip there and SailorJill has talked seriously of moving there. I am not quite sure if I am invited!:eek:

Sailor Jack -- Thank you for such a great review! I'll tell you, I saw "Sailor Jack and Sailor Jill" in the review title and started laughing before I clicked the link!

One correction to your "since the invention of the remote control" though -- before the modern remote control was invented male viewers had to make their own remotes, they called them "children". :) In a pinch these "children" could step in to enhance the reception from the TV antenna as well.

Glad you enjoyed it. Clearly you are a person with great perspective and motivational ability to be able to get action and not merely a roll of the eyes when asking "children" to get up and do something!:D

Where's days 3-7. I want more! :p

LOL. I type out my reviews on Word and limit them to 12 pages. When I finished this review it was 17 pages long. Days 3 - 7 (and several other days) wound up on the editing floor.:eek: I think anything more than 12 pages would soon bore everyone. Even at 12 pages I still get comments line "it's a little long."

LOL. I type out my reviews on Word and limit them to 12 pages. When I finished this review it was 17 pages long. Days 3 - 7 (and several other days) wound up on the editing floor.:eek: I think anything more than 12 pages would soon bore everyone. Even at 12 pages I still get comments line "it's a little long."

Not too long for me----love it! Thanks

Marge

Glad you enjoyed it. Clearly you are a person with great perspective and motivational ability to be able to get action and not merely a roll of the eyes when asking "children" to get up and do something!:D

I respectfully beg to differ - your reviews are always fabulous - the longer the better:) I consider the loss ours that days 3-7 ended up on the editing floor:eek::p

I respectfully beg to differ - your reviews are always fabulous - the longer the better:) I consider the loss ours that days 3-7 ended up on the editing floor:eek::p

I second that!! My husband and I thoroughly enjoy these humorous reviews. They make for excellent out loud reading by the way.

Thank you for another wonderfully written review!

I have never considered myself a fan of ANYBODY (too closely associated to "fanatic"); but I'm bestowing you with that honor. SailorJack, you have a fan in me!:)

I'm honored! Glad you enjoyed the review.:)

LOved your review of your almost trip to TAHITI on the almost Queen Mary ..

WE must do that one together some day as it is one place I really want to go ...and it would be nice to go with a former WESTERNER from Vancouver and this Easterner from Montreal

AS usual looking forward to your pix ...enjoyed laughing at your fabulous words Good Job as always

WElcome back

Michele

Where is your next one?

Michele, I would love to share a trip with you...even if you do reside on the "other" coast! :)

Edited by SailorJack

I am starting to get my pictures edited and uploaded and these first ones are of the very famous Pikes Market in Seattle where we started our cruise.

Donsvariouspics1119-1.jpg

As you would expect in a fish market there was everything you can dream of.

Donsvariouspics1124.jpg

If you look closely you can see the "flying fish" that are tossed from fish monger to fish monger

Donsvariouspics1115.jpg

Donsvariouspics1114.jpg

Donsvariouspics1123.jpg