Afternoon snacking

diverjen

We are going on our first cruise in February, I am so excited, I have been reading every bit of information I can find. I keep reading about the abundance of food on the ship at the buffet or cafe, but what about snacks. Lounging in late afternoon by the pool and having a cocktail is there somewhere to get say a bowl of pretzels, some chips and guacamole or salsa? Maybe some cheese and crackers? Is this kind of food available at the buffets?

We are going on our first cruise in February, I am so excited, I have been reading every bit of information I can find. I keep reading about the abundance of food on the ship at the buffet or cafe, but what about snacks. Lounging in late afternoon by the pool and having a cocktail is there somewhere to get say a bowl of pretzels, some chips and guacamole or salsa? Maybe some cheese and crackers? Is this kind of food available at the buffets?

LOL after a day or 2 of The breakfast , lunch , dinner , you have really no need for snacks , But there are plenty Buffett is always open , ice cream , pizza , fruit , deli , There is more than enough to pick from . About day 3 ,when it is meal time , you'll be like what , Time to eat again ???

Welcome to cruising! You will be hooked!!

I, too, prefer small meals throughout the day rather than 3 'blow out' meals:D

You can find cheese and crackers in the buffet area and sometimes some tortilla chips and salsa (maybe when they have a Mexican theme lunch?)

Haven't seen pretzels or chips. You might want to bring some along or you

could always pick some up in a port along the way.

Have a fabulous cruise!!

Don't know what ship you are on, but if your ship has the international cafe, deck 5 mid ship you can pick up cheese, crackers, cookies, dried fruit, and store it in your cabin fridge. They also have sandwiches and salads. The Int'l cafe is open 24 hours/day. By the pool you can get soft ice cream, french fries, pizza, burgers, dogs, brats, chicken. IN the evening they have popcorn for the movies. In the buffet you can get salads, cheese, crackers, cookies cakes, pies (but you will have to "cover up" to go into the buffet, no bare feet and bathing suits must be covered). There are no extra charges any of the above.

In the evening at the bars you can request bar snacks, nuts and the like, if you purchase a drink.

I have never seen pretzels or potato chips. If you are like most, you will be full and will not be wanting for mid afternoon snacks. Food is available 24 hours/day.

Don't know what ship you are on, but if your ship has the international cafe, deck 5 mid ship you can pick up cheese, crackers, cookies, dried fruit, and store it in your cabin fridge. They also have sandwiches and salads. The Int'l cafe is open 24 hours/day. By the pool you can get soft ice cream, french fries, pizza, burgers, dogs, brats, chicken. IN the evening they have popcorn for the movies. In the buffet you can get salads, cheese, crackers, cookies cakes, pies (but you will have to "cover up" to go into the buffet, no bare feet and bathing suits must be covered). There are no extra charges any of the above.

In the evening at the bars you can request bar snacks, nuts and the like, if you purchase a drink.

I have never seen pretzels or potato chips. If you are like most, you will be full and will not be wanting for mid afternoon snacks. Food is available 24 hours/day.

Man I am hungry now :p you forgot the snacks at vines and room service breakfast, afternoon tea pizza etc

but the evil cookies - they call my name I can hear them all cruise and I must give in :D:D

Those days are gone. That is not true any more. :-(

I believe Upcountry Travelers refers to the fact that the Horizon Court now closes around 11:00 p.m. But, of course, this is WRONG information. The International Cafe is open 24/7 and so is room service.

The International Cafe is great for snacks. Not only does it have sandwiches and salads, but it does have many wonderful desserts, and baked goods in the morning.

That is wrong!. The IC is open 24 hours. I have enjoyed a snack there in the early hours after leaving skywalkers. The cheese and ham panini is great after a few drinks:):)

We just got off the CB a few weeks ago...and when my restlessness kicked in a couple of nights around 3am, I went down to the IC and had a lovely snack! Cookies are awesome.

I have seen chips, salsa and guacamole at the buffet at lunchtime many times. But, if you can't find it when the craving hits, and you don't mind paying a little extra, they can deliver a HUGE batch of very good guacamole with chips and salsa from room service. I think it's $8.

The OP is asking about snacks near the pool during the afternoon. The buffet will have a selection of snacks. No pretzels or potato chips but there's often guac and chips, cookies and other snacks. The bar near the pool may have a mixed snack or be able to get you some. They're served in the lounges and bars so I don't see why they couldn't get them for you near the pool. Just ask.

Not sure if this is really a snack, but I thought I read somewhere that IC has a fondue for an additional charge. I would try to work that in somewhere in the snack cravings. I think on the Ruby the Caribe Cafe opens at 11 til 4. They will have the good snacks also.

It's hard to work all the options in a healthy diet, but that is what cruising is about. Trying different things and seeing new places and meeting new people from around the world.

I can't speak for the princess cruises and what they offer, as we are sailing with them for the first time. But on our last cruise which was with celebrity, we had late seating, so I would go up to the lido deck around 4:00pm and they would have a variety of tea sandwiches out as part of afternoon tea. I would bring them back to our cabin for a little snack before our late afternoon nap. Just perfect!

We bring "salty" snacks and some chocolate....last cruise our cabin was just around the corner from the International Cafe....PERFECT for when we were in our cabin.

When I lounge...I bring some salty snack to the lounge chair with me because we don't drink and so they don't bring it...

How are you all getting your countdown tickers to work on your signature - I get error messages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived