*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

This has surely been discussed, but once again I am having trouble with search. Which hotel, in your opinion, is safer to park the car for the week.....Hampton Inn or Baymont Inn. Looking for a moderately priced clean hotel with free cruise parking. Your help please!

This has surely been discussed, but once again I am having trouble with search. Which hotel, in your opinion, is safer to park the car for the week.....Hampton Inn or Baymont Inn. Looking for a moderately priced clean hotel with free cruise parking. Your help please!

We've done both with no problems. But, as everyone knows on any given day all that could change with one bad actor. We like the Hampton partly because of the parking and partly because Wal~Mart is across the street. They have changed the cruise park plan so I recommend calling first. Enjoy! :)

We've done both with no problems. But, as everyone knows on any given day all that could change with one bad actor. We like the Hampton partly because of the parking and partly because Wal~Mart is across the street. They have changed the cruise park plan so I recommend calling first. Enjoy! :)

Hi,

Hoping Marilyn's health is on the upswing!

Hi,

Hoping Marilyn's health is on the upswing!

DW had full knee replacement on Friday morning. Yesterday was tough on her but she got up and stood up for a couple of minutes. Made it to the recliner for an hour and had a good night's sleep. Today should be better after the restful night.

Thanks for asking Deedee. Hope everyone has a great day. :)

DW had full knee replacement on Friday morning. Yesterday was tough on her but she got up and stood up for a couple of minutes. Made it to the recliner for an hour and had a good night's sleep. Today should be better after the restful night.

Thanks for asking Deedee. Hope everyone has a great day. :)

Pete, tell Marilyn I'm thinking of her and sending prayers for a compete, fast and successful recovery . In a couple of months she will be so happy with her new knee. I had both my knees replaced at the same time 3 years ago and was playing golf in 3 months. The big secret is rehab - swimming is great along with walking the stairs on a cruise ship!! Thinking and praying for both of you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Pete, tell Marilyn I'm thinking of her and sending prayers for a compete, fast and successful recovery . In a couple of months she will be so happy with her new knee. I had both my knees replaced at the same time 3 years ago and was playing golf in 3 months. The big secret is rehab - swimming is great along with walking the stairs on a cruise ship!! Thinking and praying for both of you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Thank you very much. The encouragement at this stage is priceless and of course prayers are the best therapy. :) we need all we can get.....always, but especially now.

Reading but not commenting........

But, 2 weeks from another Galveston cruise!

That darn island is habit forming!!!! We, once again, will get there late Friday evening, enjoy the heck out of a day on the island...and a great seafood dinner somewhere.

Then off for a week to our favorite port....Roatan.

last Sunday i had my 4 grandkids out in the water at Crystal Beach and we got to watch the Navigator and the Magic off in the distance as they sailed out.

they loved it and so did I with endless questions about how big they were and what there was to do on both of them.

I just told them there is nothing on either of them they wouldn't enjoy.

as for the sargassum, it seemed to have lightened up a bit toward the end of the week and they pushed it towards the dunes and got the shoreline cleaned

up pretty good so they had a good place to play in the sand. there is still plenty there but it did get better.

Edited by Larry&Darla

That darn island is habit forming!!!! We, once again, will get there late Friday evening, enjoy the heck out of a day on the island...and a great seafood dinner somewhere.

Then off for a week to our favorite port....Roatan.

TOTALLY agree on BOTH points!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

last Sunday i had my 4 grandkids out in the water at Crystal Beach and we got to watch the Navigator and the Magic off in the distance as they sailed out.

they loved it and so did I with endless questions about how big they were and what there was to do on both of them.

I just told them there is nothing on either of them they wouldn't enjoy.

as for the sargassum, it seemed to have lightened up a bit toward the end of the week and they pushed it towards the dunes and got the shoreline cleaned

up pretty good so they had a good place to play in the sand. there is still plenty there but it did get better.

Does it still smell bad? I'm assuming the smell on the beach was the sargassum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Does it still smell bad? I'm assuming the smell on the beach was the sargassum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sargassum is still here; also affecting some Caribbean islands. Have read it's on coasts from Florida to South Texas. This is the worst year ever.

An even bigger problem is the nesting sea turtles in the sargassum.

Visitors want it gone, but that will destroy the eggs from the green turtle and Kemps Ridley which are endangered.

If it wasn't removed we would have incredible sand dunes and the lessening of land shrinkage.

I would much rather put up with this annual occurrence, leave it where it lands and let nature take its course to let the island build back up.

It is a no win situation because visitors don't want, but we need it:confused:

Happy Fourth to you and Marilyn. Is Marilyn dancing the jig by now? So when is your next cruise? Tell Marilyn we send our prayers and hope she is feeling great.

Carla

Ditto... Still hoping you're able to join us on the October cruise... prayers for healing continue...

On a thread somewhere, in the past, I saw a website addy that you could do a mock booking & it would show the available cabins on a particular cruise..... I'm sure it was a TA site.

Somehow, along the way, I lost that link...... Does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

Thanks in advance!

On a thread somewhere, in the past, I saw a website addy that you could do a mock booking & it would show the available cabins on a particular cruise..... I'm sure it was a TA site.

Somehow, along the way, I lost that link...... Does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

Thanks in advance!

Found it! Cruise dot com...

Nightmare city!

No, not the cruise, disembarkation.

So many self-disembark, the line went from customs, all the way back onto the ship, down the hallway into the theatre and then back out down the other hallway.

They then forgot to call the Suite passengers, so we just got up and left. Off in about 2 minutes, got luggage then customs seemed to be taking a very hard look at every single person who got off.

Later in the day, some folks reported that they did not clear customs until 1:45pm

And, of course, monster accidents on I-45 south of Hunstville shut down the interstate, and to add to it, another mega accident just south of Corsicana. Folks in Tulsa, that drove, said they got to their car at 1:45p and got home at 1:45am

Hoping for better luck in September on Navigator

Nightmare city!

No, not the cruise, disembarkation.

So many self-disembark, the line went from customs, all the way back onto the ship, down the hallway into the theatre and then back out down the other hallway.

They then forgot to call the Suite passengers, so we just got up and left. Off in about 2 minutes, got luggage then customs seemed to be taking a very hard look at every single person who got off.

Later in the day, some folks reported that they did not clear customs until 1:45pm

And, of course, monster accidents on I-45 south of Hunstville shut down the interstate, and to add to it, another mega accident just south of Corsicana. Folks in Tulsa, that drove, said they got to their car at 1:45p and got home at 1:45am

Hoping for better luck in September on Navigator

Carnival? Or Royal?