Bit of a blog - Adventure of the Seas – B2B in the Caribbean – 18th November 2012

Hey Linda, thought you might be interested in this bit of information I got from my DD.

"the schedule is weird (next cruise) because there is a huge christian group cruising who have made crazy demands i guess

and will be using the theatre whenever we're not in it

there will be only one headliner show per night too i guess

they must be paying a lot of money"

AOS mom, Enjoy the time your daughter is dancing on ships, mine danced with RCI for 5 years. We were fortunate to be able to cruise with her on all her contracts and saw the world. Lucky for us, she was Dance Captain for most of the time she danced so we always had a cabin. You know how that goes LOL. Standing at the pier if none available. She began doing the Aerial in shows in about 2007 and then became a headliner with RCI as an Aerialist. Now she owns a studio in Orlando, Orlando Aerial Arts. She still performs, but on land now. I sure miss those cruising day's though and seeing her perform. It's wonderful to see your child fulfil her dream, isn't it?

I am having so much fun reading your blog. Looking forward to reading about your following week.

We are doing the first week you have just completed Next Feb can't wait. Can you find out please if they supply soya milk and yougurt, as I have to be careful with my dairy intake, Thanks Jacinta

Linda- I'm truly loving your live review & all your pictures! Looking forward to the other half of this journey and taking many notes. I'm doing this same B2B in January.

I've noticed how helpful you are answering peoples questions so I've got one for you.;) Can I purchase any alcohol from islands or ship and have it delivered to my cabin for the second week of the cruise?

My first cruise was in January of 2000 I bought and took stuff on the ship from every island with it being scanned every time in a backpack. Believe me back then I was a lot younger and still bought lots from them too.

AOS mom, Enjoy the time your daughter is dancing on ships, mine danced with RCI for 5 years. We were fortunate to be able to cruise with her on all her contracts and saw the world. Lucky for us, she was Dance Captain for most of the time she danced so we always had a cabin. You know how that goes LOL. Standing at the pier if none available. She began doing the Aerial in shows in about 2007 and then became a headliner with RCI as an Aerialist. Now she owns a studio in Orlando, Orlando Aerial Arts. She still performs, but on land now. I sure miss those cruising day's though and seeing her perform. It's wonderful to see your child fulfil her dream, isn't it?

This is her first contract and she absolutely loves it! She would love to do aerial arts and might try out after this contract. Since we had to go at a specific time we just paid full freight. Still not sure how the discount works, mabye next contract.

AOSmom. (Sorry to hijack this thread :o), if you get a chance, could you please ask your daughter if there are any unusual groups on the Dec 2 sailing? Much appreciated! ;)

I don't like to hijack the thread either. Is there a way to message an individual? I'll be sure to ask her about any other special groups coming up. This one might have been brought to their attention because the group will be using the theater when they aren't.

Linda, this round you will see one new production, "Jackpot" (Vegas style production) and there wil be another performance of "Invitation to Dance." Oh and by the way, she said she was really nervous when the stage manager told her she had to go out front (to meet you) he didn't tell her anything and she was a bit nervous. But she said she figured out who you were really quickly and was glad to meet you. She has even checked out this blog.

Kathy

I just finished reading about the first part of your trip, and am so happy to hear you're enjoying yourself! I'm all set to check in daily to read your blog, and follow along as you get set for the next leg of your journey. We've never done a B2B, and this change over is really going to be interesting.

:D:D:D:D:D

HI Linda!

When you have a sec, could you look at the Compass and let me know which Calypso band is on board? Thanks again, have a great day!!

Will do :)

I am having so much fun reading your blog. Looking forward to reading about your following week.

We are doing the first week you have just completed Next Feb can't wait. Can you find out please if they supply soya milk and yougurt, as I have to be careful with my dairy intake, Thanks Jacinta

Will do this too :)

I had a very late night last night. I hung out in the Schooner bar just to get an eyeful of the delightful Gustavo….. scratch that…… I hung out in the Schooner bar to listen to the excellent keyboard player singing songs I actually know the lyrics to. I get to sit with a couple from the roll call and say our goodbyes.

I’m awake this morning in good time for breakfast. Patty tells me that the WJ is a zoo so I head down to the MDR which is very civilized. As expected no Eggs Benedict today. I get GF pancakes, bread and sunny side eggs….. not sure if I’ve already said there are only scrambled eggs or omelettes in WJ. I do go to check out the zoo and can confirm Patty’s description.

The room stewards are working in pairs down the corridor changing out the rooms…. I wonder what state they found those that had ‘Do Not Disturb’ the entire week…. I take a stroll up to deck 10 to check out the suites and grab pics of one that is nearly ready for the new guests but the door is wide open…. I’d been asked previously for the name of that room so the pics are those that follow. It’s just lovely with an amazing bathroom.

I’ve hung my pink boa over the balcony rail in case any of the new boarders are looking up…. I can see Patty’s is there already. The B2B guests are supposed to meet at 11am then this is put back to 1115 then again to 12. Apparently there are fewer than usual immigration officials working today and disembarking is slow. Just before 12 we are told that there are still 300 people to disembark…. Then not long later 150….. then we are told they are trying to negotiate with immigration that we don’t have to leave the ship at all. By 1245 we have gone nowhere but are now sat in the MDR for our lunch. No documentation has been requested. A part of the Vivaldi Deck 3 dining area has been put aside for us. Simple choices to be made and I’m not about to go into depth about my dessert experience and how come I end up sitting all alone again.

When I finally finish lunch I head to the Pool Bar where our friends from the Navigator cruise are already there. Lovely reunion. Paul has surprised his GF Erica by upgrading their room to a JS. It only dawns on her at check in when they get paperwork and join a different queue. Others from the roll call make an appearance and it is lovely to make contact and share journey in stories. Erica has her pink boa with so dinner will be colourful tonight…. They are dining MTD too so our little group has grown wonderfully.

My new SetSail pass shows Platinum status still. Can’t be having that as I am now Emerald! I head over to the LA area and wait for them to arrive. There is a waitlist already and I am 4th. I get the Emerald Status sticker stuck on my card and assured that I would get the little box of nuts and a drink in due course to the room. I tell the LA about my blog and cheekily ask for some Internet credit. I feel bad about putting her on the spot but she seems to deal with the gentle request in good sport and says she will ask GS. If they check last week’s account they will see I have spent well throughout the week…. Will see what happens. They credited me back some left over from last week which was not expected but not declined!!

I’m having a bit of a Groundhog Day moment….. this time a week ago I was in my room awaiting the call to Muster; similarly today. All aboard is still 530pm though Muster has been put back to 6pm. Sailaway is 830pm approx.. Not sure where I will be for that……. It’s just another sailaway now!! How blasé can one get…..tut.

There’s only one welcome show tonight at 1030pm. Drew has said he may actually get on the drums tonight so I am tempted to go. Not sure at this time what time we’re heading into St Thomas tomorrow. Scott knows precisely where we are heading….. will have to get back to you.

Muster – again people are boarding whilst the drill is under way. Passes off uneventfully and we head to the MDR where we are at the head of the queue which is quick to grow. The menus are the same I think….. will post them again. My understanding was that there would be a rotation but clearly not. We are sat in a different part of the MDR, next to the balcony, with a couple from NY. It’s lovely meeting new people.

We are now under way to St Thomas.

Linda, great job w week one and looking forward to week two...this is the itinerary we are sailing in two weeks! Thanks again for the all the wonderful info.

By any chance, do you plan to post the compasses at some point? If not, could you check the day one compass and see if it lists what time the Champagne Bar is open on embarkation day? We really enjoyed hanging with Gia at the Champagne Bar on our engagement cruise and hope to see her in two weeks on our honeymoon cruise :D

Thanks, and bon voyage!

bobj

Archived