Volendam lost power

jakkojakko

Good to hear they got it fixed. We were on the Volendam a few years ago in the Caribbean when she suddenly went dead in the water. All the power ship-wide went down for 15-20 minutes and you could feel the ship slowing though it never came to a full stop. We were sitting in the Crow's Nest and it was eerie in almost total silence. Captain announced they'd experienced a main generator problem but should have it fixed shortly and about 15 minutes later the power cam back on nd the ship started moving again. Kind of funny to sit there mentally holding your breathe for that long. You could almost hear the whole ship cheer when the power came back. Would be spooky to have the power out for four hours.

I think this is the third vessel in as many years to have that happen in a similar area. Do not adjust your sets, but perhaps that area around the Indonesian archipelego is starting up its own little Bermuda Triangle. I think there was a Costa vessel with the same issue a year or two ago, and that had to be towed into Singapore. There was also an issue in the same area with an Azamara vessel within the last couple of years, and I think that also had to be towed. And of course we only hear of the issues affecting passenger vessels. Wooo woooo, scary music now please: who knows how often this happens? Who knows why this happens? There are a million stories on the high seas; this is just one of them.

Archived