Breakfast From Room Service - Here are ALL the menus: Standard, CC, AQ & Suite

Lsimon

Larry, thanks for posting. We have never ordered room service but I think we will on our next cruise even if it is just coffee for the Mrs !

You are welcome, but note the post above which indicates the menus have changed. If there is anything you want that isn't on the menus call room service the night before and see if you can order it for the next morning either by phone or writing it on the hang tag menu.

I highly recommend ordering breakfast the night before, even if it is just coffee. We've found that if you order when you want it in the AM it can take well over 1/2 hour. Sometimes just coffee is quicker and sometimes not. But if you order it the night before it comes right on time and they call before delivery. We usually only order room service breakfast if we're heading out to an early excursion. Otherwise we don't like getting up on schedule and would rather just head up to the buffet than wait for the time between an AM order and delivery. Note that this applies to regular staterooms - if you have a suite then just talk to your butler as he'll take good care of you on things like this.

So, the room service menus have changed, everyone. There is even a section to purchase breakfast for more luxurious food, ridic!

Maybe someone here can post the new menus. I just don't want cruisers referencing these menus (for breakfast at least) bc they are not accurate. In addition, I found that each ship, even though we stayed in a suite on all, had different menus, so what might be an accurate menu on Eclipse may not be on the Summit. This was our exact experience last year.

And celebrity, if you are listening, please bring back the grilled vegetables and goat cheese as a room service breakfast item. This was the best thing you had and it is gone!!!! A 0% fat greek yogurt parfait would be nice too, esp if you are staying in AQ! Two very easy and inexpensive items that would make me very happy!!! Thanks

Happy sailing.

Could not agree more about the grilled veggies! We ordered them just about everyday on our last cruise. They were not actually listed on the little door-hangy menu, but it was an option on the tv's interactive menu. I was hoping I could just write it in!

BHUGHEY:

Good to know.

Which ship were you on?

How long ago?

What type of cabin did you have?

Thanks!

Two years ago, we were in a Concierge class cabin on the Silhouette and I found out about the grilled veggies via the interactive TV and just wrote it in.

Last October, we were in Aqua Class on the the Summit and can't remember 100% if they were on the menu or if I wrote it in? I think I have a pic of the menu somewhere. I kind of feel like I wrote it in - and recall it being a very small portion because I was bummed that I had to share it with my husband. Funny what I can and can't remember these days! The attached pic is from our CC cabin on the Silhouette.

veggies.jpg.2833bc7be8e1d490a18fa9c3b7b72941.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

Interested to see what's to come on our cruise in January. Last January we were in a suite and asked the butler for grilled veggies and goat cheese for breakfast and he had no clue what we were talking about, so we told him forget it to be on the safe side.

Thanks for sharing!

Interested to see what's to come on our cruise in January. Last January we were in a suite and asked the butler for grilled veggies and goat cheese for breakfast and he had no clue what we were talking about, so we told him forget it to be on the safe side.

My guess is the best way would be to write it in on the room service menu card since that probably goes straight to the galley - the people preparing the food might have more of a clue! Maybe?!

I remember on a cruise once about 10 years ago, my husband wanted slaw for his hot dog (makes me laugh just thinking about it!) and the food service staff was like "SLAW?? What? Slaw?? What is SLAW?" Hahha!

• 2 months later...

Room service breakfast menu -- Eclipse -- November 2013 -- is quite different. This was in a standard room, (not Concierge, Aqua, or Suite)

In addition to the standard, no-charge items, there are now Premium Breakfast features:

Angus New York Strip Steak'n'Eggs $7

Black Truffle Omelette $9

Fresh Egg Omelette with Smoked Salmon and Osetra Caviar $9

Crab Cake Benedict $9

Champagne mimosa $6

Bloody Mary $6

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice $2.5

Tea Forte $4

Smoothies (several varieties) $4.5

Chocolate Covered Strawberries $5

Tropical Fruit Skewers with Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Yogurt $6

Fresh Mixed Berry Parfait $4

----------

Complimentary items

Coffee, DeCaf, Tea, Apple Juice, Hot Chocolate, Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice

Honeydew, Cantaloupe, Banana

Five brands of cereal

Milk, Skim, Lactose Free Milk, Soy Milk, Fruit Yogurt

Assorted Pastries, Bagel, Croissant, English Muffin, Whole Wheat Toast, White Toast, Rye Toast

Marmalade, strawberry preserves, honey, butter, margarine

Scrambled Eggs, Plain Omelette

Bacon, Link Sausage, Ham

Hash Brown Potatoes, Corned Beef Hash

Edited by cruisestitch

Room service breakfast menu -- Eclipse -- November 2013 -- is quite different. This was in a standard room, (not Concierge, Aqua, or Suite)

In addition to the standard, no-charge items, there are now Premium Breakfast features:

Angus New York Strip Steak'n'Eggs $7

Black Truffle Omelette $9

Fresh Egg Omelette with Smoked Salmon and Osetra Caviar $9

Crab Cake Benedict $9

Champagne mimosa $6

Bloody Mary $6

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice $2.5

Tea Forte $4

Smoothies (several varieties) $4.5

Chocolate Covered Strawberries $5

Tropical Fruit Skewers with Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Yogurt $6

Fresh Mixed Berry Parfait $4

----------

Complimentary items

Coffee, DeCaf, Tea, Apple Juice, Hot Chocolate, Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice

Honeydew, Cantaloupe, Banana

Five brands of cereal

Milk, Skim, Lactose Free Milk, Soy Milk, Fruit Yogurt

Assorted Pastries, Bagel, Croissant, English Muffin, Whole Wheat Toast, White Toast, Rye Toast

Marmalade, strawberry preserves, honey, butter, margarine

Scrambled Eggs, Plain Omelette

Bacon, Link Sausage, Ham

Hash Brown Potatoes, Corned Beef Hash

Same on Infinity TA just off Nov. 7. Funny, during the 2 wk cruise, I rcvd and filled out 2 different breakfast menus. One had more choices. I remember both bagel and onion bagel were printed. The other had bagel. Under eggs there were more options. A few other things.

But if I wrote in "poached eggs" on the more limited one, that's what I got so I really didn't see a big difference. Did notice the special order $ items.

On the all day menu, they've removed some items - I recall the trio of crostinis as well as the chicken and beef satay skewers as appetizers which are not on the "new" menu. Last had them Reflection in Apr.

I didn't order other than breakfast so didn't note other changes but I think more pay items were added.

Looks like they keep changing the standard room menus and expanding and contracting the list of "standard" hot breakfast items. This has happened in the past but they've always seemed to accept what I'd call "standard" hot breakfast items written onto the hang tag menus in ANY cabin type even if they were not listed. Things that we've ordered over the years by write-in include: Omelettes (cheese, cheese & ham, mushroom or veggie), bagels, poached eggs, fried eggs, yogurt, All Bran cereal, berries, bananas. If you are unsure and want to double check try calling room service the night before and ask if something is available - sometimes they'll just take your order for the next morning over the phone that night.

With all that said, I'll also add that we've had mixed results with eggs from room service. The issue is the amount of time it takes between preparation and delivery of hot items on early port mornings when room service is busiest and which is when we're typically ordering room service. Sometimes they are hot and fresh and sometimes not. The only cruise where we've always had perfect hot room service breakfast every order was the one time we were in a Sky Suite and had a butler who took care of room service.

Can the Bloody Mary, Mimosa and fresh squeezed orange juice be ordered free of charge with the beverage package?

The beverage package is not good for any room service nor mini bar purchases. It is only valid at dining areas, bars, lounges, cafes and other places where extra-cost beverages are sold in public areas of the ship (with the further exception of items sold in the shops).

Edited by Lsimon

We found room service to be pretty disappointing on X. Much better on HAL. Will go into more detail in the review. You can handwrite what you want and they did always honor it. Service was good and timely. Food and options disapointing.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...

I notice on the menu it offers hot (coffee, tea) and cold (juice) beverage options. From what I've read, people at the buffet have had trouble getting coffee and juice at the same time. Is this an issue with room service too?

I notice on the menu it offers hot (coffee, tea) and cold (juice) beverage options. From what I've read, people at the buffet have had trouble getting coffee and juice at the same time. Is this an issue with room service too?

That seems very strange, there is all the coffee and juice you want at the buffet, I can't see anyone having any trouble there.

I've had coffee and juice with room service on a number of occasions.

EDIT, I've just noticed this thread has been dug up from months ago.

Edited by dwhe

We had great breakfast room service on reflection last year and was in a standard balcony room, almost every morning. We booked our breakfast using the interactive tv in the room and everything arrived as it should.Be careful not to get carried away we ordered way to much to begin with.

The beverages offered on the room service menu are the no extra cost beverages. There is never any problem getting as many of the no extra cost beverages as you'd like at one time at any of the venues on the ship which serves them as these are part of your basic cruise fare. You can also get as many extra cost beverages as you'd like anyplace on board, including room service, if you're paying individually for them.

The one drink at a time limitation relates to the extra cost beverages obtained under one of the unlimited beverage packages including the classic package included under one of Celebrity's promotions. It is basically a security measure meant to deter sharing of a package with other cruisers. But sometimes, depending on the venue and situation, a waiter will let you get two at a time for items such as coffee and juice or a drink and bottled water. Also note that the unlimited beverage packages are not good for room service, or the mini bar, for any extra cost beverages. If you have an unlimited beverage package and want extra cost beverages in your cabin your two options are to retrieve them from a bar or lounge on the ship yourself or order from room service at an additional per item cost.

If you are uncertain as to which beverages are no-extra charge and which have an extra cost then look at the following post I made in another thread a while back: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28137836. For example the difference for coffee is that the no extra charge coffee on the room service menu and elsewhere is the bulk brewed coffee (drip/filter style or something similar to that) while the extra cost coffee is espresso based and made to order by the cup. The extra cost orange juice is fresh squeezed while the juice on the room service menu for standard staterooms, and served in the buffet and main dining room, is made from concentrate.

One last point: Most of the no extra charge beverages served in the buffet are at self serve beverage stations where you can help yourself to as much of what is available as you would like at any time.

Edited by Lsimon

• 1 month later...
I've seen a lot of threads discussing the differences between breakfasts available in the different cabin classes:

• Standard (Inside, outside, and veranda)
  • Concierge Class
  • Aqua Class
  • Suites

Some people even justify the differences (real or imagined) as a reason for picking one cabin category over another.

So on our recent cruise I collected all four different breakfast menus (the hang tag type) to post here.

You can click here for photos of the menus on my photo site - Click here

Or you can click here for a PDF file which includes all four menus. You can save the PDF on your computer and/or print it out if you wish. - Click here

All of the posted menus are from 2012.

The menus show the basic breakfast items are the same for all cabin classes. The differences are primarily fresh squeezed (vs. from concentrate) juices and smoothies on the higher category cabins and a couple special dishes. But all "standard" continental and full/hot breakfast items appear pretty much the same to me.

I've also found you can write in most "standard" breakfast items not included in the menu such as a standard egg preparation, omelet filling or berries for your cereal. But if you want a special item, such as eggs Benedict or something that is a bit different in nature from the items on the menu then I'd call room service to check on its availability.

Great Job...thanks for posting all this info.:D:D:D