bathroom amenities question

porrah

Pack a shower cap, pack conditioner and pack shampoo if you care what goes on your hair. In most ships, unless you are in a suite you will have a shower gel/shampoo combination on the wall in the shower. They may call it conditioning shampoo, but it will do nothing for tangles in long hair. You will also have a small bar of soap for the sink and one for the shower.

We are leaving in a few days on the Vision. I am expecting shower gel, shampoo, body lotion and probably a little plastic shower cap. Do they have conditioner??? (need to know whether to pack it)

Thanks.

Depends on the kind of stateroom you have booked, or your C&A status. If you have a JS or better, you will get the amenities you listed. You will also get them if you have 340 points or more in the C&A program.

Otherwise all you get are bars of soap, and some sort of unspecified liquid in a dispenser in the shower area.

I'm curious about this, too.

We sailed on Grandeur in October out of Venice. We had an outside cabin on deck 3 and we have nowhere near 300 cruise points.

We had little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in our cabin. I was really surprised. The dispenser was also on the wall of the shower.

Do you think they do this on European sailings only?

I use my own products as I have very sensitive skin. Only use the bar soap to wash my hands.

I also advise packing your own. I just buy the little Nalgene bottles and transfer my own product into them so I don't have to carry on full-sized bottles. It's well worth the investment as many of the products I use aren't available in travel size. The ones that are are very expensive for the amount of product you get. I purchased a multi-pack of them at EMS and have never had a problem with them though I double bag them in Ziplocks just in case.

I just bring nearly empty bottles of full sized stuff that I use....that way, the weight is reduced and you really don't need full bottles for even 2 weeks, let alone, 1 week!

Bring your own stuff, unless you trully don't care what you use. The stuff provided is "hit or miss" as far as quality....and the shampoo is usually the shampoo/conditioner combo stuff....dreadful!

We are leaving in a few days on the Vision. I am expecting shower gel, shampoo, body lotion and probably a little plastic shower cap. Do they have conditioner??? (need to know whether to pack it)

Thanks.

no shower cap. if you are not in a suite, all you will get is a dispenser of an all in one in the shower. if in a suite you will get separate tubes of lotion, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

We had two rooms on Oasis. The Junior Suite had soap, some dispenser in the shower, and a little sign that said we could ask the stateroom attendant for toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. The kids' Central Park Balcony room had the same without a little sign, I believe. We had brought along our own toiletries so did not care in either room. I suggest you do the same.

I just bring nearly empty bottles of full sized stuff that I use....that way, the weight is reduced and you really don't need full bottles for even 2 weeks, let alone, 1 week!

Bring your own stuff, unless you trully don't care what you use. The stuff provided is "hit or miss" as far as quality....and the shampoo is usually the shampoo/conditioner combo stuff....dreadful!

This does not work on an airplane. It does not conform to TSA rules.

Thanks.

When you get to your cabin, if those things are not there, ask for them. Even if you are not "entitled" to them, you will get them.

This does not work on an airplane. It does not conform to TSA rules.

It certainly does in your checked luggage..I do the same (as cb at sea) and also bring a bar of my bath soap...Not necessary for some of us to carry toiletries in our carryon and usually find little need for them in flight ;):)

It certainly does in your checked luggage..I do the same (as cb at sea) and also bring a bar of my bath soap...Not necessary for some of us to carry toiletries in our carryon and usually find little need for them in flight ;):)

I pack so that I do not need to touch my large bag until I get onboard. I use my carryon as my overnight bag for the hotel the night before the cruise.

:)

Beware of the shower curtain which will most likely be an inch short of the shower tray, and will probably stick to your body no matter your size.

It is the one (very minor) irritant for me on Vision of Seas and all RCI ships we have sailed. Not sure if the new mega ships have shower screens, rather than curtains.

Archived