Unbelievably awesome news means no cruise

mattp420

After 15 years of trying my wife is pregnant!!!! We are so happy I can't even express but.....we have a cruise booked in June.

She's going to be right up against the 24 week cutoff for pregnant women. We really don't want to risk anything happening regardless of whether she's over the limit or not...it's been such a long hard struggle we are not into taking any risks.

We booked Early Saver so should I just expect to eat the $500 deposit or can it be used for a rescheduled cruise...maybe next year?

Congrats!

We actually planned our daughters conception around our Hawaii cruise. DW was 5 months pregnant when we cruised across the Pacific, with her OBGYN saying the cruise during the mid trimester was actually a good idea.

If Carnival counted that cruise for her, she'd be platinum.

After 15 years of trying my wife is pregnant!!!! We are so happy I can't even express but.....we have a cruise booked in June.

She's going to be right up against the 24 week cutoff for pregnant women. We really don't want to risk anything happening regardless of whether she's over the limit or not...it's been such a long hard struggle we are not into taking any risks.

We booked Early Saver so should I just expect to eat the $500 deposit or can it be used for a rescheduled cruise...maybe next year?

wonderful news. we recently booked an ES and had to change it. it was $50/pp to change and we had to pick a ship, date, room. it can be done.

Congratulations !!!

You will get a future cruise refund for all but $50 each. Which I would say is an OK trade off :D :D

I'd say that is more than OK!! We're so happy it's ridiculous. We'd all but written it off and were beginning to explore adoption so this is just amazing.

Congrats on the new baby. A cruise will be the last thing on your mind, having a baby is a wonderful experience, lots of planning ahead of you, names, baby showers, oh and wait until you get that first ultrasound picture, simply amazing.

Congratulations! What a wonderful reason to cancel a cruise!

I know the feeling.... I didn't give birth until I was 42! Many years of trying and trying. Now he is almost 10 and has inherited the cruise bug from me!

That's about as good of news as anyone can get. Fantastic for all 3 of you!!!

Cruisin can be put on hold.

We are (or somewhat were, now the girls like to cruise) fans of Disney as well. It's just that eventually your kid(s) grow out of Disney for a while.....until they have kids.

Op - I wish you and your DW all the best.

Everyone is different but isn't it a little early to be sharing this good news especially after your long wait?

I am not being nasty but each pregnancy is long and drawn out ( unless you are on "I didn't know I was pregnant":D).

I expect negative comments for saying this but please believe me that announcing very early only increases outside pressures.

Perhaps I am way off and you are only using the anonymity of CC to discuss this. If so, good!

Good luck.

Congratulations !!!

You will get a future cruise refund for all but $50 each. Which I would say is an OK trade off :D :D

Congrats OP!!!!

Hockey, You mean a credit toward a future cruise minus the fees. Not a refund

Edited by SeaUs