sad that my thread has been moved

hal lover

I figured that it may be moved. Too bad as that it was a more positive thread than some of late. Thanks to all of you that posted. Helpful hints that you provided were awesome!

Now I feel its time that the posters that are advertising in their signatures should be told to remove them. It is not allowed in the CC guidelines but some continue to do it and their posts are not removed.

Good the goose, good for gander..

Not sure what your original thread was about, but think this thread is headed the same way.

Dont be too sad. The thread may be of more use to all cruisers rather than just HAL related, wherever it was moved!!!

:):):)

As interesting as it was, I am not surprised to see it moved. Most often if a thread has nothing to do with cruising or related issues it is moved to the Floataway Lounge.

sapper,

Thanks for pointing out where it would be. I will continue to follow it and get the helpful hints. You are always so very helpful! Thanks again!

sapper,

Thanks for pointing out where it would be. I will continue to follow it and get the helpful hints. You are always so very helpful! Thanks again!

You are most welcome. You don't need to go looking. All you need to do is to scroll down to the "moved" notice and click on that. It will take you to where your thread is now located. I mention this in case a future thread is moved somewhere else that the hosts deem to be more appropriate.

Or you can click on your username, click on 'Find all Post by' and it will show you where your thread is.

"Now I feel its time that the posters that are advertising in their signatures should be told to remove them. It is not allowed in the CC guidelines but some continue to do it and their posts are not removed."

If you read a post that you feel has advertising in the signature, all you need to do is click on the red triangle in the upper right corner of the post, and report it to a moderator.

EM

Now I feel its time that the posters that are advertising in their signatures should be told to remove them. It is not allowed in the CC guidelines but some continue to do it and their posts are not removed

I don't recall seeing any/many ads in signatures, just countdown clocks. :confused:

I don't recall seeing any/many ads in signatures, just countdown clocks. :confused:

nor do I but what do I know? I can only think of one and that is permitted under the CC guidelines due to the nature of their work

nor do I but what do I know? I can only think of one and that is permitted under the CC guidelines due to the nature of their work

Yes I believe he was referring to the travel agent who has it in her signature, but as there is no direct link to her website it is allowed.

Yes I believe he was referring to the travel agent who has it in her signature, but as there is no direct link to her website it is allowed.

I believe he also complained before and Host Walt explained that travel agents are encouraged to participate and as long as they don't do more than put a 'dead' signature (ie, not a web link in their signature) they are free to list their affiliation.

I believe he also complained before and Host Walt explained that travel agents are encouraged to participate and as long as they don't do more than put a 'dead' signature (ie, not a web link in their signature) they are free to list their affiliation.

However, one TA lists not only their agency in their signature, but their user name states what city they are in. Not sure how that is not advertising when you have their name, company name and city.

However, one TA lists not only their agency in their signature, but their user name states what city they are in. Not sure how that is not advertising when you have their name, company name and city.

Agree, but I blame CC for allowing her to use her signature. Time for CC to disallow the practice.

Archived