Under Bed Luggage Storage (Star inside)

SakeDad

I did a few searches and can't find an answer. I am on the Star in an inside and trying to find out if a regular sized suitcase will be able to fit under the bed? I know the cabins are really small with little closets so I don't want my suitcase taking up precious cabin space.

Thanks! :D

We were in a balcony cabin on the Star last week and had the beds separated into singles. We were able to fit each of our 25" roller bags under the beds with no problem. The closet was not big enough for the luggage and the closet was really dark - take a flashlight. Have a great cruise!

No matter HOW small it is, it has to be larger than the Solo cabin I had on Epic. My suitcase fit under the bed easily.

I think Norwegian just buys all its beds high enough for that sort of thing. If you try to slide it under and there's something in the way, just try in a different spot.

On our recent Star balcony cruise, I thought it appeared the bed was a little lower than I remembered on the Sun last yr. Sure enough, when it came time to store my big suitcase we had to lift the foot of the bed a little, but we made it work. steve

... The closet was not big enough for the luggage and the closet was really dark - take a flashlight.

Urrrh, just FYI - there should be a light inside the closet, switched & above, behind the hangers & rod, just look for it next time. It's very useful unless it's stuffed full. All of the newer NCL ships in the fleet has them, AFAIK - don't recall if the Sea or the Crown had them ...

Also, we're able to fit two 25" roller suitcase flat on its side on the closet floor. Otherwise, these same 25" semi-rigids will fit below the beds, and, definitely no problems with the 22" carryons (also, they actually fit the open shelves - try it) as we use packing cubes so that it is easy to unpack & pack, etc.

We had an inside on the Dawn, the sister ship, in January. Our suitcases fit just fine. You are right. The closet was tiny and there was little storage space. We had one of the insides that included a bed that could be lowered for a third person. Unfortunately the bedding from that unused bed took up all the space under one of the beds. I recommend separating the beds. We did that after the first night and then both of us could get in and out of bed without killing ourselves. We'd looked at insides on other ships and they didn't look this small. However, we got a bargain deal and had a great time and didn't mind being inside for the first time.

I'm glad someone mentioned the light in the closets. On our cabin on the Dawn (the Star's sister), you just had to look for the red glowing light behind and above the hangers. Once I knew it was there, I used it constantly.

Regarding the space under the bed, you might find on the Star that you end up with a situation like mine on the Dawn: the third bed was actually under one of the beds! Unfortunately, it was under my bed, not my cabin mates, so I put my suitcase in the closet. Plenty of room.

Finally, two thumbs up to the "separate the beds" crowd! ;) There's so much more room in the cabin that way. Also, I had a cabin to myself for the first time on the Sky in December, and the piping on the two matresses made it very uncomfortable to lay across both simultaneously. I only used half the bed most of the time as a result.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Urrrh, just FYI - there should be a light inside the closet, switched & above, behind the hangers & rod, just look for it next time. It's very useful unless it's stuffed full. All of the newer NCL ships in the fleet has them, AFAIK - don't recall if the Sea or the Crown had them ...

Oh we looked for a light in the closet and looked and looked and looked. No bulb, no switch, no red glowing button, nada. We were in a mini suite on deck 11 last week. Maybe it was just our room. The Star is definitely not a newer ship, but good to hear the other cabins on her have lights in the closet. Everything else in our stateroom was terrific!

We'll have an inside cabin on the Star so I'm glad to know I can look for a light in the closet.

I know we probably won't have trouble fitting our two suitcases under the bed since we've always found room there on other NCL ships.

Archived