Special Sail Away- 3/14/13-MS Prisendam

aliaschief

Thanks for the time check. I went for a walk between rainshowers, but now I'm back. Glad you waited for me, Miss Prinsendam!

PS My computer time is correct. I will go into my CC settings again to double check - but first things, first. - BTW, is that Eastern time or Eastern Daylight Savings Time?:):):)

I'm old school and use EST for NYC time, CST for Atlanta Time, MST for Denver Time, PST for California Time and 1 hour later than PST = Canadian Time as far westt as you can get without being in the Pacific Ocean. Someone else want to use EDST or whatever, be my guest:) I will use what I know:)

I refuse to use the new fangled terminology when it makes no sense. Just like Meters vs Feet and Inches. I refuse to use meters since we use Feet and Inches here.

Passengers appear to be getting to their Life Boats for the Muster Drill now.

Joanie

Good point, Jacqui.

Ina, she is off to the Med, first stop in Portugal I think, on a Grand Med cruise, back in Ft. Lauderdale on 17 May when we (me, Jacqui, Sapper1, ncgolferette, JGW321 and gigianne I think have posted here today) board for our Collectors and T/A cruises. :D

aha. Souds good.

It should be much better weather when you guys head this way :)

Since I have no idea what you are referring to, I will let you tell people what times those are. I gave the ones I know. Sorry if I left others out. Did not realize there were more than 5 time zones on the North American Continent.......

Joanie

Atlantic Time encompasses the Maritime provinces and is one hour later than Eastern time. Newfoundland time is one and one half hours later than eastern time.

The rest of Canada forgets we are here so I suppose it is OK if you do :)

aha. Souds good.

It should be much better weather when you guys head this way :)

Ina did you ask for a wave? sorry If I missed it - love to see you again - although being on a ship with you is more fun than waving at a computer screen:D

how 'bout Fahrenheit and Celcius :D

Them to:)

I have a hard enough time with degrees let alone anything else:D

Hell, I lived in Europe for over 13 years and I still cannot tell you how many K's are in a mile or vice versa:)

Joanie

Whew - made it back in time to see the Elegant Explorer leave. I was not missing this one. Our friends are on the cruise for the whole 63 days. Good thing they drove to the port - 5 large suitcases and 4 carry-ons. These ladies are big time shoppers - Have a great time Cathy and Anne - Bon voyage - hope to see you May 17th!!

Atlantic Time encompasses the Maritime provinces and is one hour later than Eastern time. Newfoundland time is one and one half hours later than eastern time.

The rest of Canada forgets we are here so I suppose it is OK if you do :)

Bobbie, Don't you mean earlier, not later, than eastern time?

Ina did you ask for a wave? sorry If I missed it - love to see you again - although being on a ship with you is more fun than waving at a computer screen:D

ehhhh.....last year I asked for a wave :). So did you if I remember correctly ;)

I guess if I was on a ship right now I would ask for one. But alas....I am not...i am stuck here in my house in the snow and the cold and gee I wish I was on a ship right now.

ehhhh.....last year I asked for a wave :). So did you if I remember correctly ;)

I guess if I was on a ship right now I would ask for one. But alas....I am not...i am stuck here in my house in the snow and the cold and gee I wish I was on a ship right now.

Oh sorry, I misread Rich's post - I thought you were on:o

Lou and Dave are really great at the waves I must say:D

Bobbie, Don't you mean earlier, not later, than eastern time?

No. If it is 4 Eastern, it is 5 Atlantic. I used to live on the Maine border and it would be five o'clock if I looked out the front door and four o'clock if I looked out the back. Really. I lived 200 feet from the border.

Florida is really south of Toronto. We are much further east here.

Oh sorry, I misread Rich's post - I thought you were on:o

Lou and Dave are really great at the waves I must say:D

I wish I was :( I have a bad bad baaad case of the blues here. Can you tell?

How is your little one? did not sound too good Tuesday....

I really set the cat among the pigeons with my time question, didn't I! I have now sorted it all out and my CC page is saying 1:15 so all is well. We've been in Canada over 20 years and I still have to convert celsius to fahrenheit before I know if I'm hot or not! Same with weights and distances!

I had to step out for a moment. Two of the dogs, or rather one of my dogs and my "guest" dog for the week got out. While my dog knows how to get home, my doggie niece does not. Had to chase them down in the car

I wish I was :( I have a bad bad baaad case of the blues here. Can you tell?

How is your little one? did not sound too good Tuesday....

ah thanks - little one is not good - her knee is popping out - something has happened between check up three weeks ago and now. So we have to do rehabilitation exercises and she goes back next week.

The hopes are that it's just a muscle problem and that will solve the problem. Otherwise they will have to make a deeper groove in her knee and I will be starting all over again:eek: Trust me she will get all of her exercises. Crossing my fingers

What a wonderful string of sailaways we have:

Today:Prinsendam

Friday:Statendam

Saturday:Eurodam

Sunday:NA and Westerdam finale

Monday:Zuiderdam, Maasdam, and I think Ryndam from Key West.

What a week.

Roy

Archived