So Upset with Carnival right now!

misstopgun

So I hit the submit button. I get a return email this morning. It said "thanks for contacting us....you will recieve a reply in 7-10 days." SLAP!!!!

You could send them an email offering a method to increase the size of their p***s* and get that reply, it's automatic.

* I used that as an example because I'm sure everyone is familiar with that particular piece of spam.

Why not use them again? They clearly explained the policy, you clearly understood the policy, they followed said policy. You are upset with them because they followed the agreed upon policy?

While she agreed to and understood the policy, sometimes a little customer service goes a long way. ;)

Yep - I had high hopes that it was going to be something special. I really appreciate the fact that one of the "improvements" included taking away the free slot/BJ tournament entry and replacing it with a BOGO offer. Sure, now I have two chances to win, yet they are now assured of squeezing $20 out of my pocket that had not been required in the old program.

Between the two of us, Celebrity gives us 3 hours of free internet each sailing thanks to our reaching their "Elite" status - and that was earned after only five cruises with them!

I have my sights also set on NCL's top tier which includes a free dinner for two in Le Bistro on every sailing. Carnival, in their new program, gives up a free steakhouse dinner for two at the rate of ONCE IN A LIFETIME for those with over 200 cruising days with them... :rolleyes:

YEP -- way to go there Carnival, you do stand out (so to speak)! :eek:

Tom

I honestly think the thought process behind this was for the Platinum Diamond member not to play in the slot tournament . Well it worked ,I haven't played since the program changed.

When our group did the slots there was nothing but Diamond , Platinum members at the machines. All non paying ,even though we payed our part in the long run.

We also know when the Grandfathering of the Platinums is finished we will not bother going into the Diamond Platinum lines for service. WE will be getting into the regular line ,as it will be much shorter and faster in the near future. Carnival knows this too.;)

I have my sights also set on NCL's top tier which includes a free dinner for two in Le Bistro on every sailing.

Tom

One dinner for two EACH for you and Cheryl. (I am assuming you will both reach platinum together) :)

It's a very nice perk!!

So I read my email from ICare and it apologizes once again for the disruption in plans and that in "further review" have decided to refund the full amount. they say they will be sending me a check at my address which they contained in the email.

I replied that I was greatful for the "further review" and the decision reached but also inquired why the original decision was only a partial refund. I told them I love their ships and the crews on them and only seem to have issues with corporate customer service which still leave me a little bit of discomfort in my decision to book Carnival. i asked that the qive me an explaination.

So I hit the submit button. I get a return email this morning. It said "thanks for contacting us....you will recieve a reply in 7-10 days." SLAP!!!!

I doubt you will get an answer to that question. In all honesty, there is really no good answer.

So I read my email from ICare and it apologizes once again for the disruption in plans and that in "further review" have decided to refund the full amount. they say they will be sending me a check at my address which they contained in the email.

I replied that I was greatful for the "further review" and the decision reached but also inquired why the original decision was only a partial refund. I told them I love their ships and the crews on them and only seem to have issues with corporate customer service which still leave me a little bit of discomfort in my decision to book Carnival. i asked that the qive me an explaination.

They'll probably never explain but I'm glad you're getting your refund!! In this case, the end result is what matters--congrats!:)

• 1 month later...

Can someone explain something please. We were told back in Feb if we do 4 cruises by 12/31/2013 we would be bumped to diamond status. We have completed 3 so far and were just told by vacation planner that no it would be platinum. We know we heard others on a recent cruise say the same thing. That if they did 4 cruises in one yr they would become diamond. Has anyone else encountered that or heard that.

It would have been nice to get better cs but I wonder if the first person looked at the receipt for the limo and saw 5 passengers and just refunded 1/5 of the cost ( rounded to $50 each way). What if all five sisters submitted the receipt for a refund carnival would have to refund 400 x 5 people. With the volume of submissions it is very possible they would not have caught 5 duplicate submissions. (Not saying OP would do that but I am sure there are those that would esp when mad about the cancelled vacation).

Just thinking that maybe if the other sisters send in the same receipt, Carnival would refund their portion of the limousine cost. The $50 (each way) may have been what they calculated your cost to be. :( I would try to get my money back that way.

Can someone explain something please. We were told back in Feb if we do 4 cruises by 12/31/2013 we would be bumped to diamond status. We have completed 3 so far and were just told by vacation planner that no it would be platinum. We know we heard others on a recent cruise say the same thing. That if they did 4 cruises in one yr they would become diamond. Has anyone else encountered that or heard that.

The only tier jump reference that I can recall was if you get to ten sailings by the end of this year (no matter the total day count) you earn Platinum status. It was my impression that Diamond was only achievable via 200+ days.

Tom

The only tier jump reference that I can recall was if you get to ten sailings by the end of this year (no matter the total day count) you earn Platinum status. It was my impression that Diamond was only achievable via 200+ days.

Tom

Hmm, this makes me wonder how many days I'll get credited on my last cruise. :confused:

I will have been on 4 this year, and sure would be nice if they would make me diamond because of doing 4 this year.

Never heard of this.. but I like it :D

I have some years with at least 6 .. so you would think they would make me honorary diamond .. hmmmpf :p

clicking my heals together saying "make it happen".

I take it this was recently or you could see it in your history. sorry to hear it.

I dont know if the loyalty program would have a record if you got off a ship early or not. I doubt it?

I guess you could say it was recent since I am home and the cruise is still going to Saturday. ;)

:eek: Interesting :eek:

Tom

I take it this was recently or you could see it in your history. sorry to hear it.

I dont know if the loyalty program would have a record if you got off a ship early or not. I doubt it?

In case you are unaware of what I speak:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1847650&highlight=coast+guard

So you get 8 days right? Happy you are doing good.

Duck wont get 8 days if he was not on the ship for eight days, there getting strict on that. I hope he gets to retake this cruise another time.

Even more so I hope Carnival will be understanding of his situation.

I'm just happy he's safe at this time :o

I think a previous poster had it correct. Looking at your previous cruising history, before this year, you have 6 cruises. Based on the previous loyalty program, which is in effect until the end of this year, when you cruise 10 times, you become platinum. Even though the new program went into effect during the summer of 2012, they are giving people until December 2013 to get their 10 in to jump to platinum. My guess is either it was a miscommunication or someone misspoke or someone misread or someone misheard. Diamond status requires 200 cruising days at sea, and is not based on the number of cruises.

Archived