So Upset with Carnival right now!

misstopgun

WOW! :eek:

That will teach me not to "check-in" everyday. :o Duck - VERY glad you're home and recuperating !! ;)

I feel almost guilty too for not knowing our duck was in trouble.

We had birthdays monday and tuesday. Thats my excuse and Im sticking to it.

sorry again. Im so glad you are better and sounding chiper.

Sorry, but even 5 grown women could have rented a car or used Carnival's transportation....

reimbursement of a $400 limo is unreasonable request.

I would suggest that you simply file the balance that Carnival did not refund with your Travel Insurance.

:rolleyes:

Give me a break! $400 RT for 5 adults is only $40 per per person 1 way!! Carnival wants to charge me $30 to pick me up from Sea-tac airport and take me to the cruise dock. (in a shared van)

(Guess what ... my mom and I are hiring a towncar that is only charging $55 one way - wouldn't you??)

My point is, her limo expense does not seem unreasonable at all ... but how is it her fault she is out her money when the cruise was canceled.

OP: I only read your original post and just want to say that I agree with you 110%. Carnival owes you FULL reimbursement for the limo's. Period. They cancelled the cruise, not you.

They should be delighted at how little they have to reimburse you. If I were the one with the cancelled cruise, Carnival would be reimbursing me for thousands of dollars in non-refundable fees/costs! To get the best deal, I book everything with "non-refundable" rates from hotel to car rentals to airport parking and of course airline tickets.

I really hope Carnival steps up and does the right thing. They aren't exactly popular these days and incidents like these give them an opportunity to make it right. Good luck. I'm sorry about your lost sisters vacation :(.

:rolleyes:

(Guess what ... my mom and I are hiring a towncar that is only charging $55 one way - wouldn't you??)

My point is, her limo expense does not seem unreasonable at all ... but how is it her fault she is out her money when the cruise was canceled.

I agree. Doesn't matter if she paid 50 for a cab, 400 for limo, 30 for a bus. It is still part of her expenses that she was told she would be reimbursed.

I mean really, what if they decided the room she was in was not reasonable either? Would they have reimbursed her for the guarantee rate of the lowest possible cabin they could fit in? Or if the motel 6 would have been cheaper and more reasonable. Would they reimburse her for that? Whatever her expenses were, whether we agree with her choices or not, are her expenses that it took to get to the cruise.

Can someone explain something please. We were told back in Feb if we do 4 cruises by 12/31/2013 we would be bumped to diamond status. We have completed 3 so far and were just told by vacation planner that no it would be platinum. We know we heard others on a recent cruise say the same thing. That if they did 4 cruises in one yr they would become diamond. Has anyone else encountered that or heard that.

I've never heard of any of this. The only thing I know is that if you complete your 10th cruise by 31 Dec 2013 you will go to Platinum status under the old program rules, but that's it. No 4 in a year get's you anything other than closer to your next level.

Someone posted recently that they were told when they were on the Legend just recently, by guest services, that if you reach Milestone this year, you will be grandfathered (as previously promised) to Diamond. And that it was not being publicy announced. Wonder if that is true? It is what they promised with the new program. We were told if we were within a cruise or two of reaching our Milestone cruise that we would be given the highest level, which is Diamond. I know that Milestone is not considered a level. However, when we were told this, they knew that too. And said that Milestone would become Diamond. Really doesnt make that much difference, since most of those perks for Diamond are one timers and should be on every cruise after diamond level is met. How many other cruiselines make their top level cruisers perks once in a lifetime???

Travel insurance folks, I believe in using travel insurance. If this cruise was cancelled by Carnival, and they didn't pay what they should have (for whatever reasons), then I would go next to the Travel Insurance that I would have purchase. As others as stated, something is not right here. Are we not hearing the full story...oh well, again TRAVEL INSURANCE!

Travel insurance folks, I believe in using travel insurance. If this cruise was cancelled by Carnival, and they didn't pay what they should have (for whatever reasons), then I would go next to the Travel Insurance that I would have purchase. As others as stated, something is not right here. Are we not hearing the full story...oh well, again TRAVEL INSURANCE!

I bought TI for my last 2 cruises ... but I am so tired of hearing this! Ok I know darn well if I don't buy TI for whatever reason (believe it or not, some people can't afford it! Some people can barely pay for their cruise - I know for these people who take several cruises a year it is hard to imagine :rolleyes: ) if it is MY FAULT and I have to cancel or whatever - then it is my fault ... Now you can stand on your TI soapbox all day but I still can't see how someone (if they had TI or not) should lose money if it is the cruiseline's fault

This happened to me TWICE on Royal Caribbean. (The same cruise) I had already booked my airfare and made travel arrangements and the cruise was canceled for dry dock. I was given $50 when it cost $75 to change my flight plus extra because the fare then increased. Not to mention other deposits I put down. THEN THE CRUISE WAS CANCELED AGAIN for extended dry dock!! I lost $$$ - Of course I kind of got it back in an aft cabin upgrade and lots of OBC - but still.

So this seems to be an industry problem ... and it stinks

Duck wont get 8 days if he was not on the ship for eight days, there getting strict on that. I hope he gets to retake this cruise another time.

Even more so I hope Carnival will be understanding of his situation.

I'm just happy he's safe at this time :o

Actually, I am happy to report I have been credited with all 8 days. :)

I also got the standard Carnival satisfaction survey to fill out today. That was fun. :D

I bought TI for my last 2 cruises ... but I am so tired of hearing this! Ok I know darn well if I don't buy TI for whatever reason (believe it or not, some people can't afford it! Some people can barely pay for their cruise

Can they afford a $1000 infirmary bill? Can they afford to arrange one way flights last minute from an island to the U.S. or wherever?

Can they afford a $200,000 hospital bill out of country.

Travel Insurance is freaking CHEAP!!!!

If they travel multiple times a year they can also get yearly (non-specific trip) travel coverage.

Can't afford it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I also got the standard Carnival satisfaction survey to fill out today. That was fun. :D

That was my bet you would get all 8 days credited.. that you probably didnt ding out lol.. so as far as they were concerned you were still on the ship?

I cant imagine them going to all the trouble anyway of subtracting days because you were air lifted off.. what are the chances of that? So its not in their calculations.

8 days - well that's ONE good thing!! I can only imagine your responses on the survey :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

But if carnival says they will reimburse for something they should stand by what they say.

If I am in a car accident caused by you and my car is damaged YOUR insurance should pay to fix my car not mine. Doesnt matter if my insurance will cover it. Why? Because the person that is at fault is the one that pays. And in the ops situation carnival is at fault and should pay.

Can they afford a $1000 infirmary bill? Can they afford to arrange one way flights last minute from an island to the U.S. or wherever?

If they travel multiple times a year they can also get yearly (non-specific trip) travel coverage.

Well said Mr Duck.

Ps welcome to the H A club.

Where can I find yearly non-specific travel insurance? I'm one of those that never buys travel insurance but as DH and I get older i realize it would be a smart thing to do. We travel alot-business and pleasure-so a yearly policy would be a good thing!

Pat

Where can I find yearly non-specific travel insurance? I'm one of those that never buys travel insurance but as DH and I get older i realize it would be a smart thing to do. We travel alot-business and pleasure-so a yearly policy would be a good thing!

Pat

Insuremytrip . Com

Also some levels of credit cards have it built in.

Glad to hear that, big duck. You can add something to the survey that the majority of the peeps (luckily) cannot add. That is your great evacuation!

Archived