I am a HUGE Carnival fan but.....

Bernie388

Man, the new Quantum of the Sea looks awesome. Great video of what it offers. I'm staying with Carnival but I hope they can compete with all these new amenities coming out on other ships... C'mon Carnival, your turn to WOW us....

I LOVED Oasis, it is awesome. It isnt Carnival's thing to compete with RCL. RCL spends a small fortune on their ships, they are beautys.

Carnival's thing is to try and have rock bottom prices to get you on the ship .. though I do think the rope course Magic and Breeze have are attempts to have some fun amenties.. and Carnival is known for their water slides.

My solution .. do both lines. Do whichever one you can at the time each has a great price. Both lines have deals if you watch.

I LOVED Oasis, it is awesome. It isnt Carnival's thing to compete with RCL. RCL spends a small fortune on their ships, they are beautys.

Carnival's thing is to try and have rock bottom prices to get you on the ship .. though I do think the rope course Magic and Breeze have are attempts to have some fun amenties.. and Carnival is known for their water slides.

My solution .. do both lines. Do whichever one you can at the time each has a great price. Both lines have deals if you watch.

I agree! There's nothing wrong with trying different lines. I'll be sailing another line for the first time next year and I'm excited to try something new.

I didn't watch the entire video because it froze on me but that floating bubble thing makes me nervous. What happens when it breaks down or gets stuck? How will they get people out of it? :eek::confused:

Bumper cars is definitely one thing I wouldn't have thought of for a cruise ship. I'll check out Quantum to see where to put it on my "to do" list.

I'll probably try Oasis class at some point - when it's not a big premium to do so. We cruise primarily for ports - to explore new places. I figure we'd spend a lot more time exploring a ship of the size of Oasis class. So I'd want to do it on an itinerary where the ports aren't a big deal to us - say, if we've been to all the ports previously.

I agree! There's nothing wrong with trying different lines. I'll be sailing another line for the first time next year and I'm excited to try something new.

I didn't watch the entire video because it froze on me but that floating bubble thing makes me nervous. What happens when it breaks down or gets stuck? How will they get people out of it? :eek::confused:

It'll double as a bungee-jumping or high diving platform. :D;)

Not really interested in the new features for the Quantum. If I want to be at an amusement park, I will not be booking a cruise to do so. Again, as with so many of their newer ships, not everyone will be using or be able to participate in such physical pursuits. But, nonetheless, you are paying for it in your ticket price. Cabins are a different story. Some of the features of the inside balcony cabins sound interesting. Cabins will be larger than the Allure and Oasis...something that RCL has lacked is larger cabins on most of their ships.

RCL fans of the Explorer of the Seas were hoping for a newer ship since the EOS is approx. 13 years old and lacking some features it really should have to compete in the NY/NJ market. But I do not think the Quantum was what they would have wished for! Pricing will be high as with any new ship and new features. Have to see just how high it will be.

MARAPRINCE

Not really interested in the new features for the Quantum. If I want to be at an amusement park, I will not be booking a cruise to do so. Again, as with so many of their newer ships, not everyone will be using or be able to participate in such physical pursuits.

MARAPRINCE

I agree, all of the newer ships by RCL look more like floating amusement parks. I also wonder if RCL will become like CCL and start nickel and dime everything you do. Got a feeling, bumper cars may not be free

I agree, all of the newer ships by RCL look more like floating amusement parks. I also wonder if RCL will become like CCL and start nickel and dime everything you do. Got a feeling, bumper cars may not be free
I'd bet on that being an extra fee, as well as the "North Star" bubble thing.

I'm not really interested in sky diving or bumper cars, but the new rooms and the view pod would be nice to try. I doubt I'll ever experience this ship. With all these amusment park amenties this ship will be packed full of kids!:eek:

AZmike480

The problem with these massive ships is the ports being able to dock them and the amount of people. Pretty soon some ports are going to be overun with people when you have a couple of RC big ships in port along with all the other lines. I too cruise mainly for the itinerary and the relaxation that comes with being on a cruise. I just don't need all these extras.

The problem with these massive ships is the ports being able to dock them and the amount of people. Pretty soon some ports are going to be overun with people when you have a couple of RC big ships in port along with all the other lines. I too cruise mainly for the itinerary and the relaxation that comes with being on a cruise. I just don't need all these extras.

I think that is already happening ;). it's a mass mob at some ports!

I'd bet on that being an extra fee, as well as the "North Star" bubble thing.

Nope. They will be no charge venues. Royal never has charged for thier other innovative features they have introduced like rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks, Flowrider's, and carousel's. There are to be a few new specialty dinning venues with a fee.

Not at all interested in going on a ship with 6,000 people. I will stick with Carnival :p :)

The Quantum will not have 6,000 people on it. Double occupancy is expected to be around 4100-4200 passengers. If the ship goes out at max capacity it will be closer to 4800.

The only two ships that could even come close to 6000 passengers are the Oasis and the Allure.

Nope. They will be no charge venues. Royal never has charged for thier other innovative features they have introduced like rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks, Flowrider's, and carousel's. There are to be a few new specialty dinning venues with a fee.

I'm surprised they would do the "sky diving" for no added fee. Personally, I'd prefer they add a fee - if they don't, then everyone is paying for it through the cruise fare, whether or not they use it.

I'm surprised they would do the "sky diving" for no added fee. Personally, I'd prefer they add a fee - if they don't, then everyone is paying for it through the cruise fare, whether or not they use it.

I agree that you will pay for it through the cruise fare but they will not be extra fee like the dinning is.

Not really interested in the new features for the Quantum. If I want to be at an amusement park, I will not be booking a cruise to do so. Again, as with so many of their newer ships, not everyone will be using or be able to participate in such physical pursuits. But, nonetheless, you are paying for it in your ticket price. Cabins are a different story. Some of the features of the inside balcony cabins sound interesting. Cabins will be larger than the Allure and Oasis...something that RCL has lacked is larger cabins on most of their ships.

RCL fans of the Explorer of the Seas were hoping for a newer ship since the EOS is approx. 13 years old and lacking some features it really should have to compete in the NY/NJ market. But I do not think the Quantum was what they would have wished for! Pricing will be high as with any new ship and new features. Have to see just how high it will be.

MARAPRINCE

I agree with you. I wouldn't be interested in many of those activities. It seems as if they feel the need to go out of their way to keep people entertained, but I cruise for relaxation. I'm always amused by the folks who complain about not enough on-board activities. I don't cruise to play Bingo, either. I'm sure this will have some people crazy to try it, but not me. I'm not saying any of these features are bad things, just that I'm not interested in spending a lot of money to cruise just for those things. I'm satisfied with a book or puzzle book on my balcony or the Lido. Sometimes I just like to people watch. I do think the sports activities will appeal to adolescents that don't want to be in a kids' program. Again, I'm not knocking RCI for trying these things, but I'm not going to hound Carnival to "keep up." If anything, I'd like them to increase the size of the Serenity areas. :)

Archived