Are the Beds That BAD???

Packerman52

All the ships have the same beds. A couple of times I had a harder bed, and my cabin steward said that's because it is new... hasnt been broken in.

I dont think they have the comfort beds any more .. the beds do seem harder to me lately.

After reading many reviews I'm a little concerned about the beds on the Breeze...are they really that hard?

I just had spinal fusion surgery a few months ago and I need a firm mattress, if it is too hard I have issues!

I was just on the Dream in February and I found the bed to be quite comfortable.

if you like a hard and firm bed, no.

if you like a soft cloud like bed, yes.

The Breeze does not have the comfort bedding mattress like Carnival use to have. No more soft as a pillow and feels like falling into a cloud.

That being said, the beds are not real soft but they are not way too firm either. I prefer the pillow beds but it was sleepable.

I think the ones that are complaining about the mattresses (myself included) miss the comfort bedding mattress.

Not surprised they cheaped out on the mattresses but what do folks expect if they want massive price drops and dirt cheap fares.

I liked the comfort bed on the Liberty in 2011, it was great. The bed on the Imagination in 2012 left me with a very sore back. I am betting as mattresses are replaced, they use the cheaper ones.

Its to be expected. I am just hoping I don't have back problems again on my upcoming cruise. Being a new ship I feel I should be ok.

After reading many reviews I'm a little concerned about the beds on the Breeze...are they really that hard?

I just had spinal fusion surgery a few months ago and I need a firm mattress, if it is too hard I have issues!

They are not too hard. They are firm but quite comfortable. Some make them sound like the floor would be softer which is not at all the case. They are still the Carnival Comfort Collection and you can still purchase them for home. In fact, it is something we are actively considering.

The beds are fine IMO. Not like my mattress at home but it's not like a block of cement, either. We cruised for our honeymoon and didn't have a single complaint:p:p! Granted it was many years ago but the last cruise we went on, I don't recall having a sore back at ALL.

Not surprised they cheaped out on the mattresses but what do folks expect

if they want massive price drops and dirt cheap fares. ===> They expect the same quality -for less, somehow?

I am betting as mattresses are replaced, they use the cheaper ones.

These are the same folks who raised a huge hue and cry

over the Fuel Surcharge they didn't (and still don't) want to pay!

Seems obvious that they prefer to have Carnival Cruises

nickel and dime that needed extra revenue out of them, indirectly.

Gives them something to gripe about! ;)

Welcome to Socialized Cruising. This is the new America.

Comparing the beds on Breeze to the Miracle, which we sailed 2 years ago, or Sensation that we sailed last year, I would say there is a considerable difference. Beds on Breeze are much firmer. We didn't loose any sleep over it, but there was definately a difference. The pillows were great.

Your opinion of the mattress will depend on what is most comfortable for you. DH and I like a very firm mattress, and My back hurts if I sleep on a soft mattress. We love the new mattresses...firm but not hard. I found the older cloud-like mattresses wonderful when I first laid down on it, but by the end of the cruise, my back hurt from lack of support. No mattress will please everyone. I don't know that the new mattresses are a cost cutting matter. When we bought a new mattress last year, we paid more for our extra firm one than the same mattress cost in a softer style.

They are not too hard. They are firm but quite comfortable. Some make them sound like the floor would be softer which is not at all the case. They are still the Carnival Comfort Collection and you can still purchase them for home. In fact, it is something we are actively considering.

I thought that JH stated that they are no longer using the comfort collection mattresses on the ships...the Breeze for one. They definitely are not the comfort collection mattresses of the past.

And some like to give comparisons. Part of what makes this forum great is the additional info. Its not like we veered way off topic.

Yep, and they use the same supplier fleetwide for the mattresses (as I understand it, anyway).

If you find the mattress is too hard, just ask your room stewart

for an egg crate topper, they usually can find one for you .

Archived