Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

You can set up a TD Ameritrade account for free and usually you get 60 days free trades then only $9.95 a trade thereafter.

I'm sorry I should have been paying closer attention. How many shares do you need to buy? Is it 100?

Thanks Astro Flyer!

It's provided a great benefit for us & if you also qualify for their wonderful military OBC that doubles the OBC amounts.

With either the SOBC or MOBC we factor these into our decision when there's the option to book as a single cruise or as a b2b. Many times it's more cost effective for us to book as a b2b with these great OBC options. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's provided a great benefit for us & if you also qualify for their wonderful military OBC that doubles the OBC amounts.

With either the SOBC or MOBC we factor these into our decision when there's the option to book as a single cruise or as a b2b. Many times it's more cost effective for us to book as a b2b with these great OBC options. :)

Factor in the OBC you get for using FCCs and for the Loyalty OBC and we are often better with booking several b2b cruises than booking one longer cruise.

Factor in the OBC you get for using FCCs and for the Loyalty OBC and we are often better with booking several b2b cruises than booking one longer cruise.

Thanks Paul...I neglected to mention the FCC & Loyalty OBCs. :o

Since I learned from you that it's possible to get a cruise credit for each leg of a cruise that's booked as a single cruise then an extra credit is no longer a consideration.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks Paul...I neglected to mention the FCC & Loyalty OBCs. :o

Since I learned from you that it's possible to get a cruise credit for each leg of a cruise that's booked as a single cruise then an extra credit is no longer a consideration.

No, the extra cruise credit is not a factor. We take mostly long b2b cruises, so there is a nice amount of OBC placed in our account and neither of us was in the military.

Am I the only one who likes the Waffle Robes better? :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

I agree with you and like the waffle robes, the thicker robes are way to heavy:eek::eek:. Only problem the last 2 cruises, the waffle robes we have gotten had seen too many washes and had shrunk a few sizes.

Edited by Happy2cruise

I just looked up the price of $100 shares which would cost $3,500.

Tom:)

I agree with you and like the waffle robes, the thicker robes are way to heavy:eek::eek:. Only problem the last 2 cruises, the waffle robes we have gotten had seen too many washes and had shrunk a few sizes.

I was at a Hyatt this weekend that had waffle robes with the same problem. Glad I had one of my own!

B

I was at a Hyatt this weekend that had waffle robes with the same problem. Glad I had one of my own!

B

I like the waffles that stretch...that is the waffle robes that are stretchy...not the waffles in the dining room that stretch me.:rolleyes:

It was less when we purchased our shares & in a couple of years we've recovered over half of our investment in OBC plus dividends & increased value so it's been great for us.:D

Edited by Astro Flyer

It was less when we purchased our shares & in a couple of years we've recovered over half of our investment in OBC plus dividends & increased value so it's been great for us.:D
We bought our stock in the fall of 2009 for a little under $3,400 and we have already received $1,540 in dividends and OBC which should increase to $1,940 by the end of the year. That will be almost a 14% average annual interest rate which isn't a bad investment and that doesn't include any gain from the stock :) With our purchase cost, we do need to take at least a couple of cruises each year for that type of return however, but someone has to do it :D

Anyone have any secrets about emerald princess? It's my first cruise in Baltic and to that area!

Not really an Emerald Princess secret ... yet many don't seem to know or forget about it.

When you enter the mid-ship elevator lobby, the six elevators on one side are controlled by pressing any of the six buttons ....

BUT the two on the other side are not. One of them needs to be pressed as well to control those two.

LuLu

~~~~

If you're booking B2B cruises out of Fort Lauderdale, price them as both two individual cruises and as one longer cruise. For the past year or so, you really get dinged in port charges if you book them as individual cruises (like $40-$50pp). It just another thing to consider, along with the varying OBCs for cruises of different lengths.

If you are a shareholder of Carnival Corp (minimum 100 shares), you get an OBC everytime you sail on any ship owned by them. This includes Princess.

The amount depends on the length of the cruise:

1-6 days = $50

7-13 = $100

14 or more = $250

Paul. if i do 2 cruises b2b, do they count it as 2 7 day cruises or 1 14 day cruise? I will only have one booking reference.