Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

I bought my CCL shares but some with a 401k have said they invested enough of their account to get the 100 shares. I bought mine 2 years ago & not only has it increased in value by over a third but the OBC received is equivalent to nearly 40% of my investment...not bad! :D

I only wish I'd known about this many cruises ago.

Someone stated that things were being repeated and I agree. Reading over 800 posts can be very overwhelming. I went through many pages and pulled out as many "secrets" as I could find. I know that missed some and I know that people will reply to update this list.

Since some people posted that they were "writing" the secrets down, I also turned the list into a PDF document.

Fair Winds and Following Seas

OBC – On Board Credit (Some can be refunded if unused)

Military

Stockholders

Future Cruise Credit

Princess Credit Card

Travel Agent

Dining Room open for lunch on Embarkation day 12pm to 1:30pm

Magnets – Walls are metal

Shower Curtain – bring clips to weigh down curtain

Suite Mini Bar can be exchanged for water, soda, coffee cards etc.

Treasure Hunt – Collect 8 different stamps from different locations for a raffle

Robes in cabin – waffle for standard and fluffy for suite

Specialty Restaurants – booked on board call the Dine Line

Photo with Itinerary can be changed for any other photo

Tea Time – Daily 3:30pm to 4:30pm

Wine can be brought on board – 1 bottle per person 21 years +

Water and Soda is ok to bring on board

Sea Sickness – Patches from Doctor, Ginger, Green Apples, Crackers, Wrist Bands

MUTS – Movies Under the Stars – they give you popcorn, pizza, warm blanket. Some people say to sit on upper deck to no have people walk in front of you

Volcano – from children’s menu – fancy banana split can be ordered by adults.

Balcony Dividers – can be opened if you are traveling with the people in next cabin. Just ask your cabin steward

Library has daily puzzles – Sudoku, daily quizzes etc.

Dietary Issues – see the Maître D

Crooners Deck of Cards - $5.00

Pub Lunch in Crown Grill – sea days and included/free

Coupon Book – most agree not worth anything except to fix a wobbly table leg

Friends of Bill – AA Meetings

Princess Secrets.pdf

Thanks 'culvercitycruiser' for the helpful summary & I learned a few new things. Just a couple of suggestions...the wine is 750 ml bottles only & meclizine (much less expensive generic of Bonine) allows many 'mal de mer' prone passengers including my wife to comfortably enjoy many days at sea.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Updated

Military

Stockholders

Future Cruise Credit

Princess Credit Card

Travel Agent

Dining Room - open for lunch on Embarkation day 12pm to 1:30pm

Suite Mini Bar - can be exchanged for water, soda, coffee cards etc.

Treasure Hunt – Collect 8 different stamps from different locations for a raffle

Specialty Restaurants – booked only once board call the Dine Line

Photo with Itinerary - can be changed for any other photo

Wine - can be brought on board – one 750 ml bottle per person 21 years +

Water and Soda - is ok to bring on board

Sea Sickness – Patches from Doctor, Ginger, Green Apples, Crackers, Wrist Bands, meclizine (much less expensive generic of Bonine)

MUTS – Movies Under the Stars – they give you popcorn, pizza, warm blanket. Some people say to sit on upper deck to no have people walk in front of you

Balcony Dividers – can be opened if you are traveling with the people in next cabin. Just ask your cabin steward

Crooners Deck of Cards - $5.00 cards have martini recipes on them

Ship Mate Appavailable for the iPhone and Android

Princess Secrets.pdf

If you have a smart phone great free app. "Ship mate." Then download what ever cruise line you like. Much info!!!! For iphone and android

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Thank you Island Emily for sharing this. Great app. I love these boards always some new info.

Most of us bought it after we took one or more cruises. Just be glad you have it now.

Considering that I started cruising with Princess in 1970 I could have used it a lot. Of course it probably wasn't in force then. They also didn't have loyalty levels. You were either a new or returning passenger but no special parties. Just a cocktail party for each seating where you were formally introduced to the captain by the cruise hostess. Quite nice events.

Edited by Kentskie

Dear CulverCityCruiser,

And some say I have too much time on my hands....

Love what you did for this thread. Thank you so very much for putting this into a clear and well organized summary. I am sure many will benefit from your hard work.

Considering that I started cruising with Princess in 1970 I could have used it a lot. Of course it probably wasn't in force then. They also didn't have loyalty levels. You were either a new or returning passenger but no special parties. Just a cocktail party for each seating where you were formally introduced to the captain by the cruise hostess. Quite nice events.

I think the Shareholder OBC is a Carnival Corp plan that did not come from P&O Princess. So it would have started after the merger of the two. At least for Princess travelers.

Dear CulverCityCruiser,

And some say I have too much time on my hands....

Love what you did for this thread. Thank you so very much for putting this into a clear and well organized summary. I am sure many will benefit from your hard work.

I do IT (information technology - computer stuff) for a living so what takes other hours, takes me only minutes.

I type fast so that helps as well.

I like my things in a concise list.

I started this thread after someone posted that most of the items were old on the original Princess Secrets list. I read that after starting at the first post. Someone posted that someone should start a new list and I did.

Someone posted a couple of days ago that someone should put it in a list since many things were being reposted as new. So I did make the list.

I will continue to update as I see new things. Maybe not everyday, because I do have a full time job.

Thanks,

Christie

regarding the Balcony Dividers being opened. We had 3 rooms next to each other and did this and it worked great except that they did not secure the doors in any way so that kept banging all the time. We took a cloths hanger and tied them so they did not bang but only took a day for those hangers to start rusting and making a mess. Next time I will back some of those plastic zip strips to secure the doors.

One additional OBC from Princess is the Loyalty. It starts when you are on your 21st Princess cruise. Amounts are:

21st thru 31st = $25

32nd thru 41st = $50

42nd thru 51st = $75

52st thru 1,000,000 = $100

Amount is per cabin based on the person with the highest number of cruises in the cabin

I do IT (information technology - computer stuff) for a living so what takes other hours, takes me only minutes.

I type fast so that helps as well.

I like my things in a concise list.

I started this thread after someone posted that most of the items were old on the original Princess Secrets list. I read that after starting at the first post. Someone posted that someone should start a new list and I did.

Someone posted a couple of days ago that someone should put it in a list since many things were being reposted as new. So I did make the list.

I will continue to update as I see new things. Maybe not everyday, because I do have a full time job.

Thanks,

Christie

Thanks from all of us non IT people we appreciate your effort

Updated "Secrets"

Next update will be tomorrow. Need to actually get some work done.

Military

Stockholders

Future Cruise Credit

Princess Credit Card

Travel Agent

Loyalty – after your 21st cruise

· 21st thru 31st = $25

· 32nd thru 41st = $50

· 42nd thru 51st = $75

· 52st thru 1,000,000 = $100

Dining Room - open for lunch on Embarkation day 12pm to 1:30pm

Suite Mini Bar - can be exchanged for water, soda, coffee cards etc.

Specialty Restaurants – booked only once board call the Dine Line

Photo with Itinerary - can be changed for any other photo

Wine - can be brought on board – one 750 ml bottle per person 21 years +. Beer is not allowed. Bring your own cork screw, they do not provide it

Water and Soda - is ok to bring on board

Sea Sickness – Patches from Doctor, Ginger, Green Apples, Crackers, Wrist Bands, meclizine (much less expensive generic of Bonine)

Balcony Dividers – can be opened if you are traveling with the people in next cabin. Just ask your cabin steward. Bring some plastic zip ties to secure the doors to avoid banging

Crooners Deck of Cards - $5.00 cards have martini recipes on them

Ship Mate Appavailable for the iPhone and Android

Princess Secrets.pdf

My favorite "secret" that many newer Princess travelers aren't aware of is lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day. It is a wonderful menu including a lovely salmon and a sliced beef tenderloin entree. It is offered in only one of the dining rooms, usually the one located at the back of the ship (that is hard to find!) and only goes until 1:30.

Most people tend to run up to the buffet for lunch, but lunch in the dining room is one of our favorite experiences and a lovely civilized way to kick off our cruise!

Is this open to all?

lunch in the dining room is one of our favorite experiences and a lovely civilized way to kick off our cruise!
Is this open to all?

Yes! As long as you can get there before 1:30.

Just confirm on the last page of the Princess Patter. Then, boldly go...:D

Tip: If you are going to get a Soda Sticker, or Ultimate Sodas & More, just ask your waiter at this first meal. He or she will stick it to your cruise card and bring you your reusable insulated mug, you just sign for the charge.

Edited by sminfiddle
etaoin shrdlu