Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

Excellent, thank you so much. I was wondering if the military credit and the stockholder's credit could be combined. This answers that question. Just another example of how much you can learn from cruise critic if you're patient and take the time to read.

Princess lets you combine Military credit, Shareholders credit, Future Cruise Deposit credit, and any credits you get from your travel agent or from a Princess sale. That's one of the great things about Princess - those credits can add up.

This was a learning experience for me. I asked the cabin steward to remove our mini-bar. He politely asked if we wouldn't mind just stashing them behind the television to save him time on a one week cruise. Those extra minutes really assisted him. I was happy to help him out. So from now on, I will just put those items that are "in our way" in a safe place. I move the life jackets from the cabinet to the shelf above the closet since I am too short to reach for anything up there. The pool towels are also place on the same shelf. The mini-bar will go behind the television.

I am working on another plan for the removal of the mini-bar. Working really hard to reach Elite! Then those little bottles will be all mine.

I recently received both the Princess' and Travel Agent's coupon books. Not much in them to be worthwhile. I've only heard about the coffee coupon and would love to see that reintroduced (either 2 for 1 coffee or coffee mug). Princess, are you listening?

I can understand the need for space and appreciate your clever ways to find some more in a small cabin! Just for your safety, I hope thet when you put the lifejackets on a shelf you can't reach, you let a little bit of the belt ribbon drop down so you can pull ot down fast if you ever need it, something I hope you will never have to do of course. Happy sailing and thanks for the tips.

I love the adventure before dementia quote.

And, as you learn to live with loved ones with dementia, you learn that they can still enjoy adventure ! Talking from experience, traveled with a loved one ... who had a blast on a glacier helicopter landing and fabulous cruising in Alaska ! But we live by the motto : tomorrow is only a promise and no such thing as too happy ! Hopefully, if it happens to us, we will have someone to take us on a Princess Cruise ( by the way, staff was absolutely wonderful, very fast to notice and very kind in all their gestures, true Princess care ).

Edited by Sailingpeace

And, as you learn to live with loved ones with dementia, you learn that they can still enjoy adventure ! Talking from experience, traveled with a loved one ... who had a blast on a glacier helicopter landing and fabulous cruising in Alaska ! But we live bh the motto : tomorrow is only a promise and no such thing as too happy !

Thanks you for your concerns. I hadn't thought of that. I always thought those dangling straps were a nuisance....maybe it was telling me something. And just for a visual...I am not "that" short. I am able to reach the shelf...I just don't use it to store things because I would not be able to check if I left anything when it was time to pack up. Point well taken.

Having read these threads and see that if you were ex Armed Forces you were afforded some benefits, does this same apply for Police and retired Police Officers?

Only if they served in US military. They sometimes get a lower price on the cruise. Along with firemen and teachers.

Princess lets you combine Military credit, Shareholders credit, Future Cruise Deposit credit, and any credits you get from your travel agent or from a Princess sale. That's one of the great things about Princess - those credits can add up.

It's also one of the reasons we keep booking Princess. NO other line gives us those benefits.

Thanks you for your concerns. I hadn't thought of that. I always thought those dangling straps were a nuisance....maybe it was telling me something. And just for a visual...I am not "that" short. I am able to reach the shelf...I just don't use it to store things because I would not be able to check if I left anything when it was time to pack up. Point well taken.

You are welcome cr8tiv:). I too can reach the shelf but would need a mirror on a wand to check if anything left... and I try to travel light;)

On the making sure nothing is left behind topic, not a secret, but a little advice, check the lip under the door inside the safe ( carefully, I once cut myself on a tiny piece of metal sticking out) it is big enough to hide some jewelery or change or other little things.

Edited by Sailingpeace

You are welcome cr8tiv:). I too can reach the shelf but would need a mirror on a wand to check if anything left... and I try to travel light;)

On the making sure nothing is left behind topic, not a secret, but a little advice, check the lip under the door inside the safe ( carefully, I once cut myself on a tiny piece of metal sticking out) it is big enough to hide some jewelery or change or other little things.

Great tip we have found jewelry and money that we would have left behind. Also we always leave a note on top of the carry offs saying, "Safe" so we are doubly sure not to forget to empty it. The room steward probably reads it and wonders if the other carry offs are dangerous. ;)

Also we always leave a note on top of the carry offs saying, "Safe" so we are doubly sure not to forget to empty it. The room steward probably reads it and wonders if the other carry offs are dangerous. ;)

That made me chuckle (besides being a good tip).......:D

How do you get a teacher discount? Does this apply to retired teachers too? Sign me up.

Use a travel agent. They will check for any discounts you are entitled to. I no longer teach but am not retired so I can no longer get the discount. It has been a long time since I last got one and don't remember which cruise line it was.

A good travel agent will also know or find out what documents are needed.

Me too...I'm politely raising my hand. :)

I'm afraid there isn't a teacher discount... Just OBC for military (not police), shareholder, TA discounts or OBC, sales OBC, future cruise OBC... Some cruise lines give different ones that may include over 55 and some occupational discounts but I haven't seen any of these on Princess and they are generally not combinable...

I'm afraid there isn't a teacher discount... Just OBC for military (not police), shareholder, TA discounts or OBC, sales OBC, future cruise OBC... Some cruise lines give different ones that may include over 55 and some occupational discounts but I haven't seen any of these on Princess and they are generally not combinable...

Drat. Oh well teaching has many other rewards.

Edited by Kentskie

I'm planning on doing just that. After reading more about it on this board I'm ready. :)

You best get on it. I see you have three cruises in the next 6 months. If they are all less than 7 days, that will get you $150 OBC or about a 4% return. If they are all 14 days or longer they you get $750 or a 20% return.

Throw in the dividends and it is a great return

You best get on it. I see you have three cruises in the next 6 months. If they are all less than 7 days, that will get you $150 OBC or about a 4% return. If they are all 14 days or longer they you get $750 or a 20% return.

Throw in the dividends and it is a great return

One seven, one ten, and one 15. Should be a nice bunch of change.

Yes, it does. Just buy some CCL stock when you can...

I'm planning on doing just that. After reading more about it on this board I'm ready. :)

I bought my CCL shares but some with a 401k have said they invested enough of their account to get the 100 shares. I bought mine 2 years ago & not only has it increased in value by over a third but the OBC received is equivalent to nearly 40% of my investment...not bad! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer