Confirmed: Century Drydock Coming in February 2014 !

Andy

FYI, for those interested in the newly posted sailings on the Century in February 2014:

There has been a price drop this morning for Captain's Club members on the 8-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Century for February 15th, 2014. As for the "Loyalty Rate".

I'm new to the Celebrity website... ;):rolleyes:

How did you access the loyalty rate?

I'm logged in under my Celebrity and it offers everything but the kitchen sink and the Century sailing.:confused:

There has been a price drop this morning for Captain's Club members on the 8-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Century for February 15th, 2014. As for the "Loyalty Rate".

For those that are not Captain's Club members, there is also a price drop (not quite as good) for Florida residents.

I see the price drop for Florida residents. How do you look for the Captains Club rate? There is no check box for it like there is for 55+ and a specific state?

Thanks.

I see the price drop for Florida residents. How do you look for the Captains Club rate? There is no check box for it like there is for 55+ and a specific state?

Thanks.

I just called.

I'm having our TA switch cruises from Eclipse to the ship we love.

We called Captain's Club. They knew nothing about a Captain's Club loyalty savings for Feb. 2014 on Century. Is this today only? We don't live in Florida but are Captain's Club Elite.

I was called by Celebrity's vacation planner. I had a Century cabin on hold but let it expire when the new promo was announced by Andy. I always get a call when a hold self-cancels after 24 hrs.

The planner told me about the new price for loyalists.

I'm new to the Celebrity website... ;):rolleyes:

How did you access the loyalty rate?

I'm logged in under my Celebrity and it offers everything but the kitchen sink and the Century sailing.:confused:

When I booked two days ago, these new Celebrity itineraries weren't on the website that we all use to check cabin inventories. Today when I checked with that website, the new itineraries showed up, and I could see which cabins were available, so I picked a better location.

When I called in to a Celebrity Vacation Planner to change my cabin, I also asked if there were any pricing discounts being offered and was told about the loyalty rate and the Florida Resident rate.

I also asked the CVP if there was a cruise showing for February 12th for Century. He said that it was listed as departing Fort Lauderdale on the 12th, but that his information didn't indicate where it was going, nor was anything showing for the next two days.

We called Captain's Club. They knew nothing about a Captain's Club loyalty savings for Feb. 2014 on Century. Is this today only? We don't live in Florida but are Captain's Club Elite.

Hi Kathy! Are you and Jack thinking about booking this itinerary? We booked the Feb. 15th cruise last weekend. After hearing about the loyalty rate today, DH called the Captain's Club and was told (with supervisory confirmation) that it didn't apply to us. However, they were able to find an OBC we didn't know we were entitled to, so we were happy to have that applied. Did you see Host Andy's post that these cruises do have a promo starting next week (July 22) for OBC and discounted deposits? Hope you guys can join us on the Feb. 15th sailing! :D

Hi Kathy:)...It would be wonderful if we could finally sail together:D

As for the CC savings? I actually used a TA for my last couple of

cruises and she got it for me. I don't know why the Captain's Club

didn't help you......I got a better savings from that than with the

FL residence price.

My guess is the extra 3 days are CYA in case repairs are not finished in time. I once sailed on Oceania when repairs not done in time, especially carpets. They sailed the carpetlayers and bumped us up to balconies/suites on a TA. Cost O dearly. I doubt Century will be with X in a few years, You can only charge so much for a smaller, older ship. Food not so great on my 25N relo out of Miami. Are you folks finding the loyalty/CC specials on X directly or with the discount agencies?

My guess is the extra 3 days are CYA in case repairs are not finished in time. I once sailed on Oceania when repairs not done in time, especially carpets. They sailed the carpetlayers and bumped us up to balconies/suites on a TA. Cost O dearly. I doubt Century will be with X in a few years, You can only charge so much for a smaller, older ship. Food not so great on my 25N relo out of Miami. Are you folks finding the loyalty/CC specials on X directly or with the discount agencies?

I have a TA but I know she got it directly from Celebrity.

I am looking at the confirming invoice and it is says "Loyalty Rates"

so it is definitely coming from X.

I found mine direct with a Celebrity Vacation Planner.

We just returned from the Century on July 7th, and I found the food to be quite good. The buffet is a bit lacking in selection, especially if you are used to cruising on Solstice-class ships.

Some minor changes were noticed, and I don't know if these are standard on other ships as well. For instance, there were only a few cold hors d'oeurvres (four kinds, no shrimp or prawns) offered at Captain's Cocktail Party, no other savoury foods, although the party was held at 12:30 pm. Only one pass of the savouries was made to our table, and as I was the top cruiser, I'm sure our table wasn't slighted in any way. I didn't have any sweet foods, so other than the ice crème/crepes station, I don't know if anything else was offered.

The Cova Café no longer had savoury bites and tiny sandwiches, only sweets, over the lunch period, and I know they had those on Century in October 2012, because I took pictures of them. I can't remember if savoury snacks were offered at noon on the Silhouette in April.

The Elite Afternoon Tea was weird...the savouries, scones and sweets were all being circulated at once, and you had to take everything on your plate at once. If you didn't, as I didn't (because that is just strange) you likely did not have the refused platter offered to you again. Also, no shrimp or prawn savouries, or cucumber sandwiches. It was a fairly minor selection of sandwiches, really. There were only 28 Elites on the ship, so it wasn't as if they were overwhelmed, but they may have thought the selection was sufficient for a smallish group.

None of this is of any importance, just small things I noticed that were missing from what I have generally come to expect on Celebrity.

I have never seen Celebrity build CYA into a dry dock plan before, and they haven't seemed to have needed it, but maybe the powers that be just haven't finalized exactly how much renovation will be done yet. Decisions surrounding the Century seem to have been made on the fly in the last two months.

Are you folks finding the loyalty/CC specials on X directly or with the discount agencies?

When my dh called, Captain's Club told him there was no Captain's Club loyalty discount in place now. But we called our TA and she said yes there is. We got the discount plus the one category upgrade.

Hi Kathy:)...It would be wonderful if we could finally sail together:D

As for the CC savings? I actually used a TA for my last couple of

cruises and she got it for me. I don't know why the Captain's Club

didn't help you......I got a better savings from that than with the

FL residence price.

Hi Kathy! Are you and Jack thinking about booking this itinerary? We booked the Feb. 15th cruise last weekend. After hearing about the loyalty rate today, DH called the Captain's Club and was told (with supervisory confirmation) that it didn't apply to us. However, they were able to find an OBC we didn't know we were entitled to, so we were happy to have that applied. Did you see Host Andy's post that these cruises do have a promo starting next week (July 22) for OBC and discounted deposits? Hope you guys can join us on the Feb. 15th sailing! :D

Suzanne and Lois,

Great! We're booked.

We just booked for February 15th 2 hours ago when TA returned our phone call. Lois - Is that the cruise you are doing too? It will be great to see Suzanne & Rick again and finally to meet Lois in person after all these years. We are looking for a hotel now. Prices are higher than usual this far out; it must be GW weekend that weekend.

I knew as much as we all go on Celebrity that it would be a matter of time before Suzanne & Rick and the two of us would be on the same cruise again. And I thought sooner or later (and it was "later", not "sooner") that Lois and I would be on the same cruise. I know Suzanne, Rick, Jack, and I frequent the morning Captain's Club breakfast at least on the sea days. Lois, do you do the same? Suzanne and Lois: Do you also go to the afternoon event? We only go occasionally before dinner.

I just saw Host Andy's promo thread, but I think we are doing better with this discount than with the obc.

We are excited. Love the Century, the two repeat ports for us, and the opportunity to visit two new ports that we have not been to yet. And now I get to see the three of you too.

See you on the rollcall thread!

Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Kathy, great:).....would be great if Phil could go as well but

flying across the pond for 8 nights probably wouldn't be very

feasible.:eek:

Kathy -- so glad you guys are coming with us! Lois already has a smoking-hot roll call going -- be sure to pop over there, soon! :D

LOL....Suzanne, it is not my roll call......please:o...it is OUR roll call:D

Had booked this cruise earlier today, got the resident rate for Fl, then read through this thread and called back and got the Loyalty Rate - thanks so much for the info - can always count on CC for the latest

Looking forward to sailing on Century again - our very favorite ship with Celebrity -

Had booked this cruise earlier today, got the resident rate for Fl, then read through this thread and called back and got the Loyalty Rate - thanks so much for the info - can always count on CC for the latest

Looking forward to sailing on Century again - our very favorite ship with Celebrity -

That's great -- come on over and join our roll-call thread! :D

Just off the Century and we were told by the Captain that he does not believe Century will be Solsticized. While she can definitely use some upgrades, the worn carpet and other imperfections are something you need to look for. We have spent 27 days on her this year and the crew is amazing and the officers are highly visible.. I would sail on Century "as is" any day!;)

I agree! I love this ship and the officers and crew are amazing. It is what makes her so special!

I was called by Celebrity's vacation planner. I had a Century cabin on hold but let it expire when the new promo was announced by Andy. I always get a call when a hold self-cancels after 24 hrs.

The planner told me about the new price for loyalists.

Who is your PVP? Mine is useless!! Doesn't even return my emails or phone calls! I do it all myself, with the assistance of C F. Thanks for this info about "loyalty" rates. I'll call tomorrow to see if I can reduce my rate.

Currently booked on the 2/23/14 E. Caribbean; 3/3/14 Bermuda and 3/6/14 Panama Canal. Guess I booked after all the uproar thanks to notification of new sailings from "that" website.

Hi Everyone,

Here's the latest on Century. With this wonderful news, we can put the rumors to rest. My sincere thanks to Celebrity for sharing the information with us !

==========================

In order to incorporate a series of new guest-inspired enhancements – including new staterooms, new luxury suites, and a new look reflective of Celebrity’s award-winning Solstice Class fleet in the restaurants, bars and lounges on Celebrity Century -- the ship will enter a drydock period beginning February 4, 2014. The sailing previously scheduled on that date, as well as three successive sailings – February 19, March 6, and March 21, 2014 – have been canceled, in order to allow for the four-week drydock and to modify the latter itinerary to offer two Coastal cruises, based on guest demand.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and are pleased to offer the following:

Guests on all impacted sailings are welcome to re-book on select Celebrity sailings in like accommodations at the lowest available rate, or on any Celebrity sailing at the prevailing rate.

Guests booked in stateroom accommodations on any of the four canceled sailings will receive a $400 per-stateroom onboard credit for use on the cruise on which they’re re-booked.

Guests booked in suite accommodations on any of the four sailings will receive a $600 per-suite onboard credit for use on the cruise on which they’re re-booked.

Guests who incur air-change fees will be reimbursed in full for the fees, providing they submit a faxed copy of the air-change fees incurred.

Any guests who may choose to cancel their cruise will receive a full refund processed to their original form of payment. The above-listed compensation does not apply to cancellations.

Celebrity has established three special toll-free lines to assist guests on impacted sailings:

For Individual Reservations: 1-888-281-9343, ext. 48846

For Group Reservations: 1-888-381-9343, ext. 48923

For Consumer Outreach: 1-866-521-7245, ext. 18881

We look forward to sharing further details in the coming weeks about the enhancements that will be incorporated onto Celebrity Century in 2014.

Hey Andy - Just received an offer from a travel agent to book the feb 15 century sailing. and it is also on celebrity's website. what's up? have the drydock dates changed?

• 1 month later...

I have it on very good information that a BARTENDER on a very recent Century Alaskan cruise says/said:

"The ship is sold"

apparently staff are able to speak out on things ..even if management is unwilling. :cool:

I have it on very good information that a BARTENDER on a very recent Century Alaskan cruise says/said:

"The ship is sold"

apparently staff are able to speak out on things ..even if management is unwilling. :cool:

Did you hear when she will be leaving the Celebrity fleet?

There are probably over 100,000 people booked on future sailings of the Century right now.

What a PR disaster if Celebrity cancels them:mad:

I personally have 117 days of future cruises booked on the Century right now:confused:

Edited by TommyD3