Confirmed: Century Drydock Coming in February 2014 !

Andy

WOW....Caribbean sailings in February?:eek:....I didn't see that but

I didn't look for CENTURY in February:confused:......weird, weird, weird.:rolleyes:

Now I wonder if they are going to have ANOTHER press release:eek:

I went to see what ya'll are referring to and oh yes....now I see it!

WOW....that is a change. So when is the drydock supposed to take place?

I have never been to St Barts or Grand Turk!

I'm planing to be on that one. Been to those ports before and found them to be a refreshing change. Will book when on SIL and get some extra OBC. Lois, get on board.

I'm planing to be on that one. Been to those ports before and found them to be a refreshing change. Will book when on SIL and get some extra OBC. Lois, get on board.

Both places are supposed to be very nice......never been to either.

I have a passage I have never used and I am going on SUMMIT in

3 weeks......not sure if I should book it while I am on board or just

use the passage now?

Maybe what I was told last month on Century (by Captain Nikolas) is accurate and they are not Solsticizing her. I imagine you could still get a good refresh done in 11 days. :confused:

Yes, a good refresh is definitely possible in 11 days but not what

can be done in 4 weeks....a month? Basically a new ship would be

installed.....11 days? LOTS of cleaning and dry goods stuff....carpets,

bedding, etc.

Yes, a good refresh is definitely possible in 11 days but not what

can be done in 4 weeks....a month? Basically a new ship would be

installed.....11 days? LOTS of cleaning and dry goods stuff....carpets,

bedding, etc.

That would be fine with me :)

That would be fine with me :)

Hi:)...the reason I love Cruise Critic...LOL.....I was looking to sail her

in May but now? I want to do that 8 nighter in February. I never

looked there because I thought she was going to be out of service

for a month.....:eek:

Edited by Lois R

Hi:)...the reason I love Cruise Critic...LOL.....I was looking to sail her

in May but now? I want to do that 8 nighter in February. I never

looked there because I thought she was going to be out of service

for a month.....:eek:

I had an open passage just hanging around, so I booked the February 15 8-night sailing. I love the itinerary, and have never been to St. Barts, St. Croix or Turks and Caicos. Lots of sea days too. For us it's just a perfect winter break.

Hi Lois,

That's news to me. Last I heard, Celebrity was planning an extended Drydock. Unless the website is incorrect, it seems they've scaled it back to something less extensive than what was originally planned.

While I'm disappointed in the change of plans, it's nice to see that Century will have some Ft Lauderdale sailings, and very nice ones at that. I think we'll consider the Feb 15th sailing.

I'm not sure if Celebrity will confirm, but I will see what I can find out. I will post on my Twitter feed (@HostAndy) and see if Celebrity comments.

Hi Charles,

It is sad because this means that Celebrity is going to sell the Century:(

The 8 night Caribbean sailings do look VERY interesting:)

We will probably book these sailings.

We normally book Concierge, but with Inside being less than 1/2 the price......

Did you see that they have delayed the Captains Club announcements to August?

Tom

Hi Lois,

That's news to me. Last I heard, Celebrity was planning an extended Drydock. Unless the website is incorrect, it seems they've scaled it back to something less extensive than what was originally planned.

While I'm disappointed in the change of plans, it's nice to see that Century will have some Ft Lauderdale sailings, and very nice ones at that. I think we'll consider the Feb 15th sailing.

I'm not sure if Celebrity will confirm, but I will see what I can find out. I will post on my Twitter feed (@HostAndy) and see if Celebrity comments.

Hi Andy:

Just thinking back to one of the ships, either Galaxy or Mercury where they sent it in for a quick drydock, spent a few million and then promptly transferred her to Pullmantur. Sounds very familiar now if this isn't a mistake on the web site.

Hi Andy:

Just thinking back to one of the ships, either Galaxy or Mercury where they sent it in for a quick drydock, spent a few million and then promptly transferred her to Pullmantur. Sounds very familiar now if this isn't a mistake on the web site.

Hi Don,

Assuming the 3 new sailings are a done deal (which seems likely), I believe it returns the questions regarding Century's future - possibly being sold or transferred to one of Royal's European brands, or perhaps Azamara at some point.

I'm disappointed, as I felt the original news assured that Century would be a part of Celebrity's fleet for years to come. It now seems that probability has been greatly reduced.

It's impossible to know what the reasons are, and I'm sure Celebrity wont share the details. Perhaps they've found a buyer, or... they crunched the numbers, and felt the total outlay for a significant upgrade wasn't worth the investment. My guess is, it's the latter scenario.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Don,

Assuming the 3 new sailings are a done deal (which seems likely), I believe it returns the questions regarding Century's future - possibly being sold or transferred to one of Royal's European brands, or perhaps Azamara at some point.

I'm disappointed, as I felt the original news assured that Century would be a part of Celebrity's fleet for years to come. It now seems that probability has been greatly reduced.

It's impossible to know what the reasons are, and I'm sure Celebrity wont share the details. Perhaps they've found a buyer, or... they crunched the numbers, and felt the total outlay for a significant upgrade wasn't worth the investment. My guess is, it's the latter scenario.

We were considering a California Coastal Cruise next spring, but given the different directions Celebrity is going with Century, I'm reconsidering it.

BTW, we were just on an Oceania Regatta cruise. Consensus of those small ship cruisers is that CENTURY is their favorite CELEBRITY ship. It certainly is ours.

I just wish Celebrity would make a frigging decision, announce it, and stick with it. This floundering is pissing me off. :mad:

thank you Curtdesilets....

I just wish Celebrity would make a frigging decision, announce it, and stick with it. This floundering is pissing me off. :mad:

well put

Edited by scanditaly

thank you Curtdesilets....

well put

I saw that on your other posting, that you upgraded on Century's Pacific cruise, in anticipation of some refined enhancements that a 4 week dry dock would undoubtedly provide. now those enhancements seem unlikely at best.

- - - -

Come on Celebrity. I've been tooting your horn for years; work with us.

I agree and let her sail to Bermuda and to the Caribbean.

And some time spent up and down the west coast.

I just got off her last Sunday and she is a lovely ship. She could go up and down the Mexican/California coast during the winter. I just want to be on a Celebrity ship at sea. I don't care where she stops because I don't have to get off the ship to be happy.

I wish she would do at least one West Coast Wine Cruise when the teachers are out of school so that I could take my daughter with me. She loved the Alaska cruise we were just on, but it would be nice to be able to do a warm weather itinerary with her as well.

It seem like Celebrity the company is lost, floundering, rudderless since Michael Bayley took over the helm. Why make a formal announcement of a 4 week dry dock, cancel peoples vacations and all that entails including enticements to get these people to rebook other cruises. Then basically cancel the dry dock. Yet no notice as to why, what etc. It seem to me that he needs to take control of this floundering company and figure out what he is doing with it. What ships is he going to keep, upgrade etc. What direction in terms of atmosphere and type of guest does he want to attract because he is slowly driving away some of us with loud music, staff reductions, food quality etc. I have been loyal to Celebrity for the the last six years but.... has been on a down hill slide. I realize that tne economy has been tough. But Celebrity seems to have grown too fast and too big for themselves. I hope they find their direction soon!

I would have disagree with you

He is taking over a company that has add about 14,500 spots in the last 6 years

That is huge number of spot to book per week

It will take a while before you even notice any ideas that Bayley team has implemented

I have never heard loud music ,at times by the pool it is bit to quiet

The clients he probably wants is starting with the 40's and up

This reminds me of the old Crystal Harmony, a small (50,000 ton) ship that was loved an revered by many (including yours truly) as Century is today. Crystal rather abruptly cancelled a scheduled dry dock in early 2005, and by November of that year she was gone, having been transferred back to the parent company, NYK in Japan.

We've been toying with the idea of sailing her Pacific crossing in Sept 2014, but it's speculation at this point if she'll actually make the voyage.

I hope =X= comes out with a press release SOON, now that they've scheduled those Caribbean sailings and has everyone suspicious as to her future.