Prices are dropping

It's funny to me that prices are not dropping for my cruise that is only a few weeks away. Seems like they would really want to sell those empty cabins. Maybe the upsell fairy will call as they try to fill those cabins!

Can I ask for your opinion..

I made a mistake back in Jan and booked the super saver rate ($449) for a GUR inside on the Valor (cruising in Sept, 7 days). I should have booked ES.

The price of an inside nowadays is $80 less per person then what I paid. For $130 more per person, we can move to a Balcony and pick our room. I'm trying to decide if its going to be worth it. We only have 1 day at sea with our itinerary. Would you do it?? :confused:

Personally I would say YES YES YES! I couldn't imagine being in an inside for a whole week. I love my mornings on the balcony, drinking coffee, reading a book and letting my hubby sleep in. $20 bucks more per person per day for a room with an incredible view? Heck yeah!

I made a mistake back in Jan and booked the super saver rate ($449) for a GUR inside on the Valor (cruising in Sept, 7 days). I should have booked ES.

The price of an inside nowadays is $80 less per person then what I paid. For $130 more per person, we can move to a Balcony and pick our room. I'm trying to decide if its going to be worth it. We only have 1 day at sea with our itinerary. Would you do it?? :confused:

We are just off the Glory...7 days to Canada..and had an OV...which was fine...cool weather...so didn't want to pay another 400 for a balcony....BUT...we both said if it's a warm weather cruise..we need/love that balcony...IMHO...if you are doing a 7 dayer and can get a balcony for an addition 260 I would go for it! I also know I could never do an inside:eek: Whoops just saw it's 7 days...I would do it...

Just checked this morning. Another $40 drop in price. I am now $80 ahead. I just love Carnival.

Just submitted a request for price drop ($50) on our 1/18/14 cruise. This will be the 4th price drop on this cruise.

After our most recent price drop (4th) on our 1/25/14 cruise, the price went up some so even with the F & W, PG sale, it's $10 more than we paid. Hope for further price drops on that one, too.

Personally I would say YES YES YES! I couldn't imagine being in an inside for a whole week. I love my mornings on the balcony, drinking coffee, reading a book and letting my hubby sleep in. $20 bucks more per person per day for a room with an incredible view? Heck yeah!

I did it!! $130 more pp and got an 8C Balcony! Thanks for the encouragement, lol!

Prices went up for our cabin however last week I did apply for, and received, a $20 credit so it's all good. There is a $40 reduction for my friend's cabin category so I applied for him...hope it's accepted. I will definitely be keeping a watch out for (hopefully) future drops.

This is for Breadman54. We are booked Past Guest on the Breeze, 6 day, in January.

I filled out the form when I saw the Fall and Winter sale. Balconies had dropped another $30. per person. This now makes nearly $100. per person we have received since I booked the cruise. Not only that, we received a reduction on the price of their cruise insurance since I had mentioned to them that we plan to buy it. HEY,I'm happy with Carnival.

I would pick the Balcony but we don't do much off the ship. If you are heavy into doing shore tours, then I might think twice about the Balcony. I love the Balcony but let me warn you, once you do the Balcony, it is hard to go back inside.:eek: At least for us.

Wow, our Hawaii cruise must be very popular because our rate has gone up $600 per person so far. I keep checking, but so far it's just up up up. Drats.

We have done many many cruises...but have just booked ES three times...I do think the popular cruises sell out quickly and the price just does go up...

Throwing a question out here for experienced ES bookers....Am waiting for Carnival to release the Legend Panama Canal cruise...but not sure if I will do ES...am thinking it will sell out quickly..and probably price will go up...and since it's a longer cruise and would possibly be a year out...I'm thinking I would want to be able to cancel without penalty...just in case we ended up not being able to go....thinking way to book would be past guest rate...anyone have any opinions on this???

Thanks! Our price dropped too!!

Is there a different form to submit if I'm not Early Saver but I'm before final payment?

Thats what I'm looking for.found out the hard way my PVP booked me

Past Guest,when all of my other cruises had been booked ES.Help.

I simply email my PVP with the new rates and she adjusts the price for me. I imagine a simple call would do it as well.

Last week we got a $60price drop on our January Sunshine cruise.

Then I had to pay off our September cruise on Friday. We are going with a group of friends and had booked with their travel agent. She refuses to book early saver.

This morning I was excited to see people talking about price drops again and looked at our January Sunshine cruise and was excited to see that there has been another $50price drop.

Then ... out of habit I looked at our September cruise on the Conquest. Now we have received 3 price drops since we booked it ... but ... I should have never done that. Its after final payment and I have no recourse. However, the price has dropped another $150. So, this is when that early saver would have been fantastic.

Last week we got a $60price drop on our January Sunshine cruise.

Then I had to pay off our September cruise on Friday. We are going with a group of friends and had booked with their travel agent. She refuses to book early saver.

This morning I was excited to see people talking about price drops again and looked at our January Sunshine cruise and was excited to see that there has been another $50price drop.

Then ... out of habit I looked at our September cruise on the Conquest. Now we have received 3 price drops since we booked it ... but ... I should have never done that. Its after final payment and I have no recourse. However, the price has dropped another $150. So, this is when that early saver would have been fantastic.

I lost a lot of money because I was talked out of early saver...so last three have booked myself....ended up with 288.00 in OBC for the Glory last week...and our upcoming Fascination has dropped too...I also really like the control I have booking on my own..

I booked my son and I on the Dream for this July in January in a 1A. Price dropped and I was able to move us to a 4J to only $60 more (30 pp) than the 1A. Then I got a great April Fool gift and was able to move to a 4S for less than adding the cost of spa pass (hated to lose my 4J but all about the $$$).

I'm not sure if people moved up or canceled but after my room rate being sold out a 4S popped open over the weekend.

As of today the 4S is $110 /220 less than it was on April 1st. All my price drops had been before final payment until this last one.

I'm only sitting on $15.80 of credit (+100 for FCC) because I lost $40 for tax rate change which I knew when I submitted my ES form. But $15.80 is still more money for me....

I booked ES online and have not made my final payment yet. Today noticed the price has dropped $174! Called my PVP and he said I would have to fill out the ES form online - anyone have any clue how to get the PVP to do a credit on the booking? I'd rather not have $174 in OBC or a stateroom upgrade. Thanks in advance!

Archived