WARNING: P&O cost cutting.

Nixi

Been to Barcelona many times with P&O and have never left as early as 1600 and if that is the time it says it leaves then you would have to be onboard for 1530 at the latest. For a large city like Barcelona and with so much to see that is a disgusting time to leave and even if you left the ship on arrival as soon as possible once you have had lunch ashore you would be have to think about making your way back to the ship and I am sorry but is a very poor length of time for a port call at such a beautiful city as Barcelona.

Absolutely agree. How about 1500 departure from Malta :-(

Jean you never mentioned your early departure from Malta before.:rolleyes:

Gan Canny

Dai

• 1 month later...

Out of interest today (as I was looking at where my cruise ship is) I wondered how the speeds compared between Princess and P&O using marine traffic.

Crown Princess 19.7 knots

Ruby Princess 20.2 knots

Royal Princess 20.9 knots

Ventura 16.2

Arcadia 16.7

Oceana 18.5

Taking the averages the Princess ships are going nearly 20% faster, no wonder P&O leaves ports earlier.

Out of interest today (as I was looking at where my cruise ship is) I wondered how the speeds compared between Princess and P&O using marine traffic.

Crown Princess 19.7 knots

Ruby Princess 20.2 knots

Royal Princess 20.9 knots

Ventura 16.2

Arcadia 16.7

Oceana 18.5

Taking the averages the Princess ships are going nearly 20% faster, no wonder P&O leaves ports earlier.

This is not new it was announced for Cunard and P&O 2 years ago. So why bring it up again?

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is not new it was announced for Cunard and P&O 2 years ago. So why bring it up again?

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Apart from some of us being furious I don't remember seeing Cunard or P&O stating that their port times were going to be shorter because they wanted to save on fuel and keep you on board longer so you are at their mercy.

Can you show me where P&O and/or Cunard announced this please Dai.

Apart from some of us being furious I don't remember seeing Cunard or P&O stating that their port times were going to be shorter because they wanted to save on fuel and keep you on board longer so you are at their mercy.

Can you show me where P&O and/or Cunard announced this please Dai.

Sorry, Dai is probably on his way to Southampton as we are boarding Aurora tomorrow. I'm busy making a list of things I can moan about when I get onboard. :D

Sorry, Dai is probably on his way to Southampton as we are boarding Aurora tomorrow. I'm busy making a list of things I can moan about when I get onboard. :D

Be sure to let us know your complaints mate.

Archived