"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - July 11, 2013

Radio, Sounds like you are going to be very busy for the next 12 hours. WJZ reported that 78 cabins were not ready yet. I find this hard to believe. Any news on that? Your pictures are awesome and can't wait to see more. Was this cruise complimentary? I don't imagine I'm the only one who would like to know.

Thanks for doing this. Luvs

This link should confirm the 78 cabins Royal Caribbean Bumps Passengers from Grandeur of the Seas Cruise

RADIO this is fantastic, THANK YOU! We have an inside cabin on deck 4, so probably the size of yours. See that couch? Thats usually where my pile of clothes to fiddle through, lays for the week, who needs a closet?

Your pictures are fantastic! Have a great time!

It's just a one day cruise before Grandeur starts her normal routes again. It was an invitation only event. Invites went out to Pinnacles and TA's. Not sure who else. It's really just a "look at how ready we are" and "see we're seaworthy" cruise so TA's will talk it up to their customers.

I think the invites were sent out to media as as as travel partners.

the cruise was free , and they are being wined and dined. It was invite only.

Radio, Sounds like you are going to be very busy for the next 12 hours. WJZ reported that 78 cabins were not ready yet. I find this hard to believe. Any news on that? Your pictures are awesome and can't wait to see more. Was this cruise complimentary? I don't imagine I'm the only one who would like to know.

Bon Voyage Radio, and others onboard. I am following this thread with much interest, and love the photos.

Can you report back to us who the cruise director is, so I can update the list??

Friends of ours were bumped from this cruise - they had an OV on 3. She found out this week from their TA! Boy was she frantic! The TA said they could go on the 8/30 cruise but their vacations were already scheduled so they opted for the money back offer. The next morning (7/9) Royal called and offered them a balcony on the Explorer leaving today for the same price. They are sailing right now!!!

Alls well that ends well!!! :)

~C

Radio,

Thanks for taking the time to give us an update and post your pictures. In only having 12 hours to enjoy yourself, I suspect the majority of it will be spent on pleasing your fans and fellow cruisers. I for one would like to express my sincere appreciation for not only what you have done for your other live posts, but this one is a particular :)

Paula

Can't wait for Radio to past some pictures and let us know how the ship is. I read that the South Pacific Lounge and Diamond Lounge will not be ready for the July 12 cruise. I hope they are giving those passengers on that cruise some OBC or some other compensation!

Mary Anne

for the diamond Lounge they will probably just move cocktail hour to another location, and either call it an event( pre Lounge days) or commandeer say the Viking Crown and call that the Diamond Lounge Pro Tem. would not take much to offer seating in say Izumi or chops for a continental breakfast

as for the SPL, since there are plenty of other venues to people watch and get a drink, there probably isn't a need to offer anything else.

for the diamond Lounge they will probably just move cocktail hour to another location, and either call it an event( pre Lounge days) or commandeer say the Viking Crown and call that the Diamond Lounge Pro Tem. would not take much to offer seating in say Izumi or chops for a continental breakfast

as for the SPL, since there are plenty of other venues to people watch and get a drink, there probably isn't a need to offer anything else.

SPL is where they usually do Quest. It's not like they have an ice rink. It always works great in the lounge.

On the 5/17 sailing the SPL was used for all the loyalty events, nightly karaoke, the quest, and the battle of the sexes. With the Centrum Wow upgrade most other events that would be held in their during the day were moved out to the centrum instead. It still played an important role though in the entertainment lineup every evening though.

I wonder if he's having internet issues. There's not a lot of time to post on a 12 hour cruise. Our friends have an air card so they just need a cell signal which goes all the way down the bay, although somewhat intermittent in some areas.

Kathy,

How about cabin 7156? Did you happen to see anything about that cabin? We are sailing August 23rd and it was right above where it looks like the windows blew out on the lounge.

Thanks, Linda

Linda,

I believe 7156 had the same issues as us with smoke smell, balcony soot, etc. It cleared out quickly as well they said. Those that had uninhabitable rooms were offered hotel rooms right away. Pretty sure that those in 7156 were in the last group to leave the ship! Enjoy your cruise! Balconies on those rooms are terrific!

Kathy

Yes, there are several cabins (I was told 75) that will not be ready for at least 3 weeks. My Mom was booked on 7-26 and they suggested that she could move her sailing for a different date, and receive a 25% Cruise Credit.

This is a "Non Revenue" sailing for Travel Partners and Media. There is even FREE Internet, but is has not been advertised. I just found out about that. RCI is providing several types of free beer, wine, champagne, and soft drinks.

Radio

;);)

Yes, there are several cabins (I was told 75) that will not be ready for at least 3 weeks. My Mom was booked on 7-26 and they suggested that she could move her sailing for a different date, and receive a 25% Cruise Credit.

This is a "Non Revenue" sailing for Travel Partners and Media. There is even FREE Internet, but is has not been advertised. I just found out about that. RCI is providing several types of free beer, wine, champagne, and soft drinks.

Radio

;);)

''Hope you will just wait and post tomorrow so you can enjoy everything tonight!

That bridge hosts both Rt. 50 and Rt. 301. 301 joins 50 at Bowie MD and continues across the bridge and diverges from 50 at Queen Anne MD and heads north towards Dover DE. Rt. 50 continues on to Ocean City MD.

Grandeur is now off of Chesapeake Beach MD, near the famed "Rod and Reel" restaurant and Chesapeake Beach Resort.

Rick and Deirdra

Archived