4 people, 2 oceanview cabins, 7 day cruise for $2,500, and hubby says NO!

Looking for a last minute August trip...and Grandeur is sailing out of Baltimore on the 17th with some fantastic last minute fares.

$2500 for two oceanview cabins for a family of four, or $2000 for an oceanview and an interior...less than $100/day per person! (And that's before C&A and travel agent discounts.)

So I pitch this idea to the husband...a quick 10 minute ride to the port from our house and off we go for the week!

And get this: he says we already took a cruise last fall, and he doesn't want to go again. He only likes to cruise once every couple of years, he'd like to do something DIFFERENT. I tried to explain...different ship, different class of ship, different ports...to no avail. :(

So, I hope there is SOMEONE out there who can maybe take advantage of this great pricing!

Looking for a last minute August trip...and Grandeur is sailing out of Baltimore on the 17th with some fantastic last minute fares.

$2500 for two oceanview cabins for a family of four, or $2000 for an oceanview and an interior...less than $100/day per person! (And that's before C&A and travel agent discounts.)

So I pitch this idea to the husband...a quick 10 minute ride to the port from our house and off we go for the week!

And get this: he says we already took a cruise last fall, and he doesn't want to go again. He only likes to cruise once every couple of years, he'd like to do something DIFFERENT. I tried to explain...different ship, different class of ship, different ports...to no avail. :(

So, I hope there is SOMEONE out there who can maybe take advantage of this great pricing!

I'll go with you :D ;)

My husband has never been on a cruise, and has no desire to do so... :(

I'm seriously debating calling my sister to go with me...but it's family vacation week and I can't exactly ditch the kids.

There are even better deals the last week of Aug and early Sept. Sigh!

Take the kids.....leave misery guts at home! With a cabin to yourself....you might get lucky...............

and have a peaceful nights sleep without him snoring!

What a dilemma!!!! So sorry hubby doesn't like to cruise. I can't really get DH to think of any other type of vacation. Sure, we'll go to the beach to see family that live there, but when it comes down to vacation... "So, where are we cruising this year?"

I'll pray you can knock some sense into his head, or he'll be ok with you going with your sister and kids:)

Good Luck!!

I had to fight with my husband to go on Grandeur. I was having some medical problems, and said i was afriad I wouldnt be around in a few more years, and I wanted to return to Bermuda before anything else happened to me, health wise. He agreed on a certain price. We go WITHOUT the kids, and leave them with the grandparents. I dont think we will cruise next year, he wants to go RVING to Mt Rushmore... hes gonna have to let me take a week vacation alone or go to Vegas with me or something.

I vote for the sister and kids. It's funny how even mentioning it might change his mind. When I have somewhere I want to go, I ask my husband what he thinks, and if he poo-poos the idea, I just calmly tell him it's OK, I'll see if my bff cruising buddy wants to go. THAT gets his attention pronto!

$2,500 is a great deal, and with your sister, it's down to $1,875 for you and the kids.

Remember, there's FOUR people to consider for a family vacation, and if going on this cruise is great for 3 out of 4........................well, he can do the math. I always tell my husband we have an equal opportunity marriage!!

Another vote for your sister.

My husband has been wanting to do a NE/Canada cruise for quite some time. Seeing as how we live in MD, I refuse to go. I'd rather do a few different long weekends in some of the towns - have more than 6 hours in a port. Since he has more vacation, I've told him he should go ahead and book it.

Guess I'm fortunate too. My husband loves to eat and book catamaran snorkels and therefore he enjoys cruising. I didn't really care to go with our friends this year but they talked us into joining us on our annual CCL primarily because he wanted to go so much. As much as I enjoyed the islands, the cruise was a let down and I had determined that I was absolutely cruised out after 3 yrs in a row. Well, 2 weeks later my dad booked a short DCL getaway for their anniversary, and given that it was 45 yrs, I decided they shouldn't go alone, got all the other sisters together, and we showed up the night before they took off to surprise them! I could not believe how unbelievable a 3 day cruise could be compared to my 7 day. The moral of this story is if he is 'cruised' out (kinda like how I was), maybe it is time to change up the cruise line? If you have done a lot of a particular line, you get a bit familiar with the menus, the entertainment, the waiters dancing, etc. I'm sure some people will flame me, others might admit though that it can be refreshing to move around...

In my experience, hubby's see all vacations as equal... cruising, driving, renting a cabin or beach house. We Mom's often see the last two as a lot of work and little vacation. We still may have to grocery shop, prepare at least some of the meals, clean the rental before leaving, etc.

A cruise is truely a "Mommy vacation" She is pampered, fed & cleaned up after... even massaged... aaaahhhhh.... AND the most fun? Watching her kids laugh & play!

So take the kids and whoever wants to go, and go and relax & have some fun. You NEED the R&R to come back and continue to do what you do to keep your family's life running smoothly.

I hope you go! ENJOY! Come back and let us know what you decide.

Lol great responses I agree too if u say you will go with BFF he will probably get jealous and change his mind or let him stay home and forgo the snoring lol

For me we went as a family the first time in June on oasis. We've been on smaller ships before alone but I loved the oasis as did the kids. They couldn't stop talking about it. Dh was just ok with it. He was grumpy for a few days in the beginning but eventually came around. He did end up having a good time kids are ready to go back for spring break but he's not quite sure again. I miss it we had alot of family time, fun and actually some couple time c

I hear ya girl!

I had to fight with my husband to go on Grandeur. I was having some medical problems, and said i was afriad I wouldnt be around in a few more years, and I wanted to return to Bermuda before anything else happened to me, health wise. He agreed on a certain price. We go WITHOUT the kids, and leave them with the grandparents. I dont think we will cruise next year, he wants to go RVING to Mt Rushmore... hes gonna have to let me take a week vacation alone or go to Vegas with me or something.

We are RVing this summer. We are renting the RV. The cruise was my 50th bday and this is Hubby's 50th. We are going to La/Arkansas from Texas

I was not impressed with Mount Rushmore in June. Vegas was another story. Good luck with your vacations.

I guess I'm going to be in the minority here. Family vacations are precious memories that your kids will have long after you are gone. You might consider having a family meeting and throwing out all the options and then choosing something you will all feel comfortable with. Cruising is my first vacation choice, but that doesn't mean it is the only choice. And coercing someone to go along with everyone else against their will sets up a sour note from the start.

My oldest children can't make any more memories with their dad and yet when they recall the times they spent with him, it is invariably a vacation memory. You have your kids with you for only 18 summers. Take each summer and make wonderful memories -- beach memories, camping memories, cruising memories ... or maybe just the local amusement park or state fair. The important part is that you are in a fun setting and enjoying the time spent together.

In our hosehold, I decide when and where we will cruise, DH has no desire to plan it out, just let him know when we need to be at the airport. Once on board he is ready to socialize and has a great time. He has said 3 times now, the last cruise will be his last, yet Momma books and he follows.:D. He has said again following our Australia trip next year it will be his last, but I will be sure and report back once I book a cruise to let you know if he truely is staying home.:)

Take the kids.....leave misery guts at home! With a cabin to yourself....you might get lucky...............

and have a peaceful nights sleep without him snoring!

LOL! That sounds about right to me!

We are RVing this summer. We are renting the RV. The cruise was my 50th bday and this is Hubby's 50th. We are going to La/Arkansas from Texas

We just bought our first RV....and I am secretly afraid my DH will want to RV instead of cruise! :p

Luckily, he already booked a cruise for the family to celebrate my birthday next month, so we won't be canceling that one!

But I booked a 28 day for next year telling him that we could always cancel up to 75 days out....I hope now he doesn't take me up on that! :eek:

Archived