Did anyone else have and "lose" 1-2-3 Go Promotion?

GayenJerry

Due to a snafu in Celebrity's online booking website, we lost our 1-2-3 Go! promotion that we had booked onboard our back to back 35 day cruise in Australia and NZ last winter. Just wondering how many others had and lost this promotion due to minor changes in cabin or itinerary, or just unexpectedly lost it? Someone with our TA's office said this happened to many. I'm just curious as I haven't seen anything here about it. Celebrity did restore only some shipboard credit, but we lost the prepaid gratuities, drink package and even a free shore excursion we had booked in April. I guess "read the fine print" is good advice when looking at a promotion that seems to good to be true!

This just doesn't make sense to me either. If it happened to a lot of people as your TA suggests then the boards would be aflame with it. Did you have any kind of proof that your booking had it? I am not calling your facts into question just wondering how the heck this could happen. Wondering if you transferred your booking to a TA and they messed up somehow? I would be very unhappy if this happened to me.

Well, we didn't actually "lose" our 123-GO drink package, that we got from booking onboard during the promotion. We knew that it wouldn't transfer, when we moved that Century booking to a later date. :(

However, what we did learn in the process, was to request that the OBC be reinstated -- when we moved the reservation. When we originally booked onboard, we did get the reduced deposit, with the 123-GO -- but we had to give up the onboard-booking OBC.

Not sure I understand. When you changed your booking, did you transfer it keeping the original booking number or did you cancel and then rebook?

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Hi GayenJerry,

Did you change your sailing date ? If so, we've seen numerous reports where the promotion may not move to the new sailing. If you've kept the same sailing(s), and simply changed cabins, then I would question it further.

Can you provide additional details ? It would help us to help you.

We lost our 1,2,3 promotion just recently. We had originally booked a S2 for a Venice Overnight cruise on Equinox. We then noticed on Celebrity's site that the S1's price had dropped after final payment (which usually occurs). We knew we could not get the lowered fare, but did want the cabin location of the S1.

We were informed that since we were making a change in cabins, we would lose the promotion.

But this week our specific cruise was listed on the Tuesday Specials, and now there is a Suite fare of over $2000.00/cabin less than what we paid.

Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper. I'm never one to complain over fare reductions. But this tremendous drop in price isn't sitting well with me. I called Celebrity to voice my concerns, and to at least get our promotions restored and was told that wasn't possible.

We switched cabins a while back (to cheaper cabin - booked directly with X) and I asked once, twice, three times "will the drink package promotion transfer" - every rep I've spoken to assures me that YES, we still have the package. Somehow though, given the reputation of mess-ups and miscommunication with X reps, I have a bad feeling that when I get on board, there may be an issue. Hope that's just paranoia....

We had the 123 promotion for a balcony cabin on our June Century Alaska sailing. Three weeks before the cruise there was a "suite" sale for $50 more pp than we paid for the balcony. We were told we'd lose the 123 if we switched. Since we're not big drinkers and had the benefit of the Elite evening cocktails, we made the change. I also din't know we could have kept the OBC.

We switched cabins a while back (to cheaper cabin - booked directly with X) and I asked once, twice, three times "will the drink package promotion transfer" - every rep I've spoken to assures me that YES, we still have the package. Somehow though, given the reputation of mess-ups and miscommunication with X reps, I have a bad feeling that when I get on board, there may be an issue. Hope that's just paranoia....

Does your drink package show on your Celebrity Booking confirmation? If yes you should be confident.

I suppose you could upgrade to the premium package and you would know for sure.

Due to a snafu in Celebrity's online booking website, we lost our 1-2-3 Go! promotion that we had booked onboard our back to back 35 day cruise in Australia and NZ last winter. Just wondering how many others had and lost this promotion due to minor changes in cabin or itinerary, or just unexpectedly lost it? Someone with our TA's office said this happened to many. I'm just curious as I haven't seen anything here about it. Celebrity did restore only some shipboard credit, but we lost the prepaid gratuities, drink package and even a free shore excursion we had booked in April. I guess "read the fine print" is good advice when looking at a promotion that seems to good to be true!

Did they actually have the 123 promo package when you rebooked your cancelled cruise in July? When did you actually rebook this cruise?

Several of us are curious as you why you would consider this a snafu in the online booking website. Perhaps you are thinking about a different promotion?

Or are you saying that you never cancelled the cruise that you booked in April?

This is your post on July 15 on your rollcall:

" Just rebooked this cruise and looking to share transfers and excursions!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all! We are so happy to have been able to rebook this cruise after having to cancel originally for health issues - seems we got one of the last available cabins! Anyway I am corresponding with Smith's for a transfer to Southampton and looking to share if anyone still needs a transfer on August 2.

Edited by jagoffee

• 3 months later...

I booked 3 cabins on a 4 night Caribbean cruise on Celebrity in April for a February, 2014 cruisebecause of this promotion. Unfortunately I didn't check my booking confirmation. When I contacted my TA this week she called RCCL and they claimed it was never available on a 4 day cruise. That is not what the promotion said. I wish I could cancel my reservation but have already paid for flights. However if RCCL refuses to honor it, I will never sail with them again.

You'd better confirm this. We booked a 1A cabin and when guarantee balcony cabins came up (saving us $1,000), we switched to the balcony guarantee. They told us upfront we would lose the drink package.

We didn't mind losing it; we weren't going to get our money's worth out of it, anyway, and would rather save cash upfront.

I think these promos are a good incentive to book early (and at a higher price). I don't know of many people who scored $799/pp balcony cabins AND a free drink package.

Think of it as shopping at a discount store. You can either get a full price $100 sweater for $50 with a 50% off coupon, or you can get it weeks later on "clearance" for $49.99, but the sale coupon doesn't apply. In the end, it pretty much all equals out!

Book early, get a good promotion and a great cabin location. OR, wait til much later, and snag whatever is available at a much lower price. You can't get your choice of cabins at a deeply discounted price AND a drink package. They'd go out of business if they did it that way!

Edited by micmacmissy

You'd better confirm this. We booked a 1A cabin and when guarantee balcony cabins came up (saving us $1,000), we switched to the balcony guarantee. They told us upfront we would lose the drink package.

We didn't mind losing it; we weren't going to get our money's worth out of it, anyway, and would rather save cash upfront.

I think these promos are a good incentive to book early (and at a higher price). I don't know of many people who scored $799/pp balcony cabins AND a free drink package.

Think of it as shopping at a discount store. You can either get a full price $100 sweater for $50 with a 50% off coupon, or you can get it weeks later on "clearance" for $49.99, but the sale coupon doesn't apply. In the end, it pretty much all equals out!

Book early, get a good promotion and a great cabin location. OR, wait til much later, and snag whatever is available at a much lower price. You can't get your choice of cabins at a deeply discounted price AND a drink package. They'd go out of business if they did it that way!

I also knowingly lost the perk. My cruise dropped $600 right before final payment. Due to the new price and the perk no longer offered, I gave up my $300 s/b credit. I am a shareholder so I am getting $250 on board. I am not a big drinker so was very happy with the savings. I too wanted the cash:)

Dena

It can happen, we had B2B on the summit booked next Nov and when the last pick your perk came out I downgraded to a 2C (Sweet 16) for both weeks and took the free drink package, we are paying $1700 total (including fees, etc.) for each week for two people (so $3400 total for two weeks) for a balcony, which I think is a good price. We also just came back from B2B on the Summit, 2 days before sailing I was able to upgrade to a balcony guarantee and keep our drink packages and paid $3300 for the two weeks.

FYI, with the guarantee issue, my understanding is there are regular price guarantees and "special" guarantees. I had the original 123 Go sale for this recent cruise and was able to upgrade to the guarantee, but it did take someone in Captains Club to deal with this as the original celebrity person said if I upgraded to the guarantee I would lose the drink package. In the end it all worked out, and although we would never break even buying the drink package, I LOVED having it for free!! :D

Micmacmissy - We did get the best price AND the promo. We booked last April for Jan 14 during the 123Go and received the drink package. We got Aqua Class for $1199 - it is now 'giving thanks sale' for $1483 (10% lower than the price of $1649). So we got the cheapest price AND the drink promo by booking 9 months in advance. We are well within post final payment/penalty stage so I doubt if the price will go back down to what we paid for it.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "minor change". Surely you either change cabins or you don't. As specific cruise itineraries don't allow you to pick and choose where you go, wouldn't a change in itinerary mean a change in cruise? :confused:

Hi GayenJerry,

Did you change your sailing date ? If so, we've seen numerous reports where the promotion may not move to the new sailing. If you've kept the same sailing(s), and simply changed cabins, then I would question it further.

Can you provide additional details ? It would help us to help you.

We did Lose all perks & only after letters to the CEO did they restore some OBC. At the end of the cruise we were not billed for gratuities so we assume they restored prepaid Grats, so in the end we only lost an excursion & the beverages. Seems like they made us work so hard when they could have created more good will & loyalty by restoring the pkg! We are now very wary of any Celebrity promos & promises!

I booked 3 cabins on a 4 night Caribbean cruise on Celebrity in April for a February, 2014 cruisebecause of this promotion. Unfortunately I didn't check my booking confirmation. When I contacted my TA this week she called RCCL and they claimed it was never available on a 4 day cruise. That is not what the promotion said. I wish I could cancel my reservation but have already paid for flights. However if RCCL refuses to honor it, I will never sail with them again.

Hi, since you brought this thread back to life :D, I thought I would try to help you. I found the 1-2-3 Promo sheet the was out back in April 2013. The sailby date was September 2013, so I am not sure how you booked this promo for a cruise to take place in February 2014. Perhaps I am missing something, but that may be why you don't have the promo because it does include 4 nighters.. Here is the promo:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/13033253_CEL_123Go_Again_Flyer.pdf

The 123 Go package - regardless of when you first booked it - was only available for what Celebrity called their 5 Star ratecode. If when you were making changes to your original booking, the ratecode changed - you lost the 123 promo.

Also if you switched your original booking made during the 123 promo to a new booking when the 123 promo was NOT being offered, that is considered a cancel and rebook and you'd lost the 123 promo.

Naturally, if a ratecode change resulted in a big price drop which more than covered the value of your selected 123 amenity that would be the way to go.