if you could sail on any RCCL in Caribbean

arcone

We are planning a fall /winter 2013 cruise. I would appreciate fellow cruisers opinions

Which RCCL ship would you choose to sail on . Departing from Florida or Texas or

New Orleans. 7 day cruise most likely inside cabin hopefully not a small I nside cabin

. I am looking also at the

Ship as it will be our home for 7 days. I really want to know what RCCL ships

You have enjoyed sailing on. Thank You

We've really enjoyed the Oasis and Allure from Ft Lauderdale. Planning an Oasis cruise for January, which will be no. 2 on her. Already have done 2 on Allure. For me, the ship is the destination. If you choose the Oasis class, don't forget to ride the carousel :D

I've sailed on the Allure and the Independence. I prefer the Indy over the Allure. The Allure was more family oriented with many children on the ship. It was also in my opinion "too big". The Freedom class ship was in my opinion "just" right.

Both class of ships are beautiful. You won't go wrong choosing either one. Itinerary would be a big factor for me on choosing a ship. If you choose a Southern itinerary, we sailed the Adventure. It also was a great ship.

Tom

If it's all about the ship being your destination, then definitely Allure or Oasis.

Otherwise, I'd book the ship with the best itinerary for your family.

You'll be cruising on vacation, so you can't go wrong no matter what you choose. :)

Welcome to cruise critic! First you should decide if the ship or the itinerary is you priority. When we want to book a cruise, we decide on itinerary first, then look to see what our ship/embarkation options are. Some folks do it in reverse. Everyone is different. If it's just adults, then you may prefer a smaller ship. If there will be kids/teens with you, then one of the larger ships might be your better option. Again, it's personal preference. Also, if you want an inside cabin, you might want to consider a Promenade inside cabin, which is a great option on Voyager- and Freedom-class ships. They are inside cabins with bay windows overlooking the royal promenade.

Thanks I appreciate some of the points that was brought up. I will look up the freedom class ships. Part of me wants to sail Oasis or Allure then after reading some reviews I am concern that will I feel disappointed as both Oasis and Allure has a build up on how great the ships are. Due to the cost of sailing will be higher than most ships we sail on we will be most likely booking a inside cabin. I know it up to me and every review needs to be taken as that person experience. I keep going back and forth. My DH says I need to make up my mind if we are going to cruise this year I want to compare other RCCL that cruisers enjoyed dailing Hopefully somehow I will make up my mind

Every tuesday RCCL has a sale. Bob (Clarea) will provide you the link ;) since I don't know how to. Since you are talking fall/winter, that is next month and those are the sailings that will be on the sale. The Allure is ALWAYS on the list. Good Luck. Bob, that is your cue! :p

Every tuesday RCCL has a sale. Bob (Clarea) will provide you the link ;) since I don't know how to. Since you are talking fall/winter, that is next month and those are the sailings that will be on the sale. The Allure is ALWAYS on the list. Good Luck. Bob, that is your cue! :p

Here is the link to the Tuesday sale. The PDF file usually changes every Thursday afternoon:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

another thing to consider when choosing between the freedom class or the Oasis class is the amount of walking involved. Last year we were on the Freedom, cabin towards the back of the ship. DW has some mobility issues and she found the walk from the elevators to the cabin to be quite difficult. I believe there are the same number of elevator banks on the Oasis so the walk could be even more difficult. It might be wise to book a cabin close to the elevators if walking is an issue.

Thanks I appreciate some of the points that was brought up. I will look up the freedom class ships. Part of me wants to sail Oasis or Allure then after reading some reviews I am concern that will I feel disappointed as both Oasis and Allure has a build up on how great the ships are. Due to the cost of sailing will be higher than most ships we sail on we will be most likely booking a inside cabin. I know it up to me and every review needs to be taken as that person experience. I keep going back and forth. My DH says I need to make up my mind if we are going to cruise this year I want to compare other RCCL that cruisers enjoyed dailing Hopefully somehow I will make up my mind

If you are disappointed by the Oasis class ship, you will be disappointed by every class of ship by Royal Caribbean.

We are planning a fall /winter 2013 cruise. I would appreciate fellow cruisers opinions

Which RCCL ship would you choose to sail on . Departing from Florida or Texas or

New Orleans. 7 day cruise most likely inside cabin hopefully not a small I nside cabin

. I am looking also at the

Ship as it will be our home for 7 days. I really want to know what RCCL ships

You have enjoyed sailing on. Thank You

We had a great time on the Indy last year on the 8 day eastern itinerary. San Juan, St Maarten, St Kitts, Labadee.

It isn't listed as a choice, but for sailing in the Caribbean. We are partial to Adventure of The Seas out of San Juan. Gotta love those southern caribbean islands. An added bonus for us. You start your vacation and end it still in the Caribbean!!!!!

If you are between Thanksgiving & Christmas you should get a better deal then you would over Christmas... With that said... I'm 'stuck' cruising at Christmas since both my DH & I work in schools....

RCCL had the better cruises this winter over Christmas then Princess. I really like the Vision class ships. To be fair I haven't cruises the bigger ships on RCCL I heard lots of good things about Indy from my cousin who is at Diamond on RCCL. She loved Indy....

Have fun choosing.

it isn't listed as a choice, but for sailing in the caribbean. We are partial to adventure of the seas out of san juan. Gotta love those southern caribbean islands. An added bonus for us. You start your vacation and end it still in the caribbean!!!!!

yes!! Jewel also sails from San Juan

We are sailing out of Gavelston in April, the cruises in Gavelston and NO are most liekely a little cheaper since ships are not new. my quess is you would also save some on airfare, although I would like to sail some of the newer ships.

It isn't listed as a choice, but for sailing in the Caribbean. We are partial to Adventure of The Seas out of San Juan. Gotta love those southern caribbean islands. An added bonus for us. You start your vacation and end it still in the Caribbean!!!!!

You beat me to it. This would get my vote. We prefer Adventurer over Jewel because of design and itinerary. Southern Caribbean rocks!

Out of Florida, Texas, and New Orleans I prefer to sail out of New Orleans. I love the city (mainly the food) and it is a lot cheaper for me to fly there. I always look for cruises from there.

However, some of the "best" (IMHO) ships only sail from Florida. So I end up going there specifically for the ships.

I sailed on the Voyager of the Seas out of NOLA and loved it. However I am a fan of both large and smaller ships and am very excited to try the Allure out of Fort Lauderdale.

No matter what you chose you will enjoy it. I do try to keep first time cruisers from trying the big ships first, because then I worry they will be disappointed with the smaller ones when they try them.

Here is the link to the Tuesday sale. The PDF file usually changes every Thursday afternoon:

Bob, You're making me nervous - 8 hours between your cue and the response? :p If you could limit your sleeping to 2 or 3 hours a night, I would really appreciate it! :D

Archived