Bernard's St. Martin tour

maryanne356

Has anyone done this tour that takes you to both the French and Dutch side, Orient Beach and then to Maha Beach with the airplanes? Would like to book this. Just wondering if its safe and it gives you enough time to get back before the ship sails.

Thanks

Done it. Love it! Safe as could be. No worries about getting back in time...not even close, really. We would do it over and over and over. Free beer and rum punch. Amazing value. It's a definite win.

Yes, done it twice....and once after an independant taxi nearly caused us to miss the ship...I appreciated Bernard's tour all the more!! You can't go wrong. He takes you to all the spots you'd want to see if it were your first time on the island and he makes CERTAIN you get back to your ship in plenty of time. In fact, he got us back in enough time that people who wanted to do some shopping still had time....

Yes, done it twice....and once after an independant taxi nearly caused us to miss the ship...I appreciated Bernard's tour all the more!! You can't go wrong. He takes you to all the spots you'd want to see if it were your first time on the island and he makes CERTAIN you get back to your ship in plenty of time. In fact, he got us back in enough time that people who wanted to do some shopping still had time....

Indeed. We had enough time to get back on the ship, take showers, get dressed again, and go back on land for some shopping. We just bought trinkets near the pier and had a snack & beer at whatever that place is with the green awnings, but they will offer to drop you in town if you like. Everyone on our tour went straight back to the ship - I think we were back at the pier by 2:00 or 3:00.

Personally St Martin is such a wonderful island, I prefer touring it myself. Just rent a car and go where ever you want it's so simple.

You can do that but you don't know all the places to go and you don't get all the narrative. Also when we left Maho Beach traffic by the airport was backed up and at a complete standstill and John our driver with Benard Tours got us off the main road and took a lot of back road routes to get us back in plenty of time to still do some shopping and then catching the water taxi back to the ship. John said if we would kept in the traffic we would have been real close to missing the ship! As everyone else said Benards is excellent!

Loved the private tour we had with Bernards for our family of 6 adults...At the end some of us were dropped off in town for shopping and the others were taken back to the ship...Great tour and Rum Punch :D

Another endorsement for Bernard's tours. It's an excellent value, gives you a comprehensive tour of the island, and is one of the most highly recommended tours on Cruise Critic and on Trip Advisor. A guide like this would be out of business if there were issues getting you back to the pier on time. His reputation depends upon his reliability.

Has anyone done this tour that takes you to both the French and Dutch side, Orient Beach and then to Maha Beach with the airplanes? Would like to book this. Just wondering if its safe and it gives you enough time to get back before the ship sails.

Thanks

Great tour! Dutch and French sides. Marigot, Orient Beach, Maho, and back in plenty of time. Free drinks.

Loved his tour last year. Our driver took us to Orient beach and said is this ok or would you like something less busy. So, he drove us to a quiet, empty beach a few miles away that was the gorgeous Caribbean beach I had always had pictured in my mind. And, he has Maho beach timed just right for some large plane landings.

This year I just walked the town with my camera, enjoyed it, but will take a Bernard's tour again next time.

Thanks

Last Nov we did Tour II, very good.

Archived