Celebrity Credit Card

Reba 954

We will have some news very soon. :)

Don't know if I'm happy to hear that, as I still have the Visa and Amex cards I applied for when they were "Celebrity" cards. My DH and I got both of them as soon as they were offered.

I don't know if I want to have to apply for more credit cards.

I had the Celebrity branded card when it was previously offered and used it for OBC on nearly every cruise. As soon as that benefit disappeared, I canceled that card. I would gladly sign up for a new card if the benefits are comparable to the old card and the annual fee is minimal. No sense paying a fee that is higher than any potential benefit I might get.

I had the Celebrity card as well and used it for OBC. However, I don't think there was an annual fee. I would not pay an annual fee for such a card. It would have to offer really good benefits before I would be interested. Easy to get OBC now by booking on board. And I value using my airline miles for business class tickets to Europe, so Celebrity would have to offer me a major incentive to get me to use their co-branded card instead of my AmEx miles card.

Does anyone know if Celebrity Cruises has a rewards credit card? I tried calling Celebrity today...after 42 minutes on hold :eek:, I gave up.....lol

No. And if you aren't getting $2 (or more) rewards per $100 spent, you are doing it wrong. Barclaycard, Capital One, and BofA Privileges with Travel Rewards are all cards where your rewards will stretch way further than a cruise (or airline) card would (or ever has).

I had the Celebrity card as well and used it for OBC. However, I don't think there was an annual fee. I would not pay an annual fee for such a card. It would have to offer really good benefits before I would be interested. Easy to get OBC now by booking on board. And I value using my airline miles for business class tickets to Europe, so Celebrity would have to offer me a major incentive to get me to use their co-branded card instead of my AmEx miles card.

I agree with this 100% We would be very interested in a Celebrity Card if the benefits are right. We are happy with our Delta AmEx card and would hesitate to sign up for another card... unless the benefits made it worth it :D

I have alway been a Celebrity cruiser, my first was the Meridian in 1995 (I believe it is now at the bottom of the sea off Spain used to create a reef) Anyway from the Meridian and Zenith to Century and all the Millinium ships and finally the Reflection this past January I have always sailed Celebity. (Took a day to adjust to some changes when on the Reflection but it was great) NOW my extended family of 12 along with a couple for their anniversay and their friends are going on the NCL Breakaway 9/15. (We come from NY where it is sailing from). Most of the reviews have been negative, too many people (over 4800 last week) is the biggest complaint (Hope Celebrity doesn't go past the Reflection and start on these truly megaships with too many people). Besides the negative reviews, the "freestyle" cruising isn't for me (some like it which is fine). Trying to coordinate some dinners and shows together with 12 people is impossible. No set dinner times, too many speciality restaurants. I prefer Early or Late dining, makes it simple for a big crowd. Shows in the theatre not all over the ship. I like formal night, like to dress up after a day in shorts and flip flops. AND ROOM SERVICE!!!! $3.50 after 11PM!! It's not the money, it's being nickled and dimed. Celebrity..... I'm coming home this spring!! I promise no deviation any more, I'll stay where I know I'll be happy. True, I think they could upgrade their loyality program to something more significant. The past few cruises priority boardingdidn't get me on board quicker, security was the same for all and the lines for upper level Captains club was the same as for all. Personalized stationary?? 3 sheets with my name spelled wrong!! Special events were just a free drink with a sales pitch. After 18 years and9 or 10 cruises let me fell special for once. (would have been more cruisers but my wife, my best friend died after 4 years of treatment for cancer so we missed a few years) I'm rambling but am so nervous about my Breakaway cruise after all the reviews. I'll stay positive but wish it was on Celebrity. If you are happy with Celebrity don't leave!!!

Our Costco amex card gives us 2% cash back on most travel expenses. This includes cruises and on board charges by celebrity

We have a AAA Visa card that gives us 3% cash back on grocery store and travel purchases including cruise purchases.

The old Celebrity Visa card (no longer exists) only gave us 2%.

I agree with this 100% We would be very interested in a Celebrity Card if the benefits are right. We are happy with our Delta AmEx card and would hesitate to sign up for another card... unless the benefits made it worth it :D

Not to change the subject, but I just got a Delta AmEx, mainly for priority boarding. Is priority boarding stated on your boarding pass of do you have to tell them at the ticket window? Delta said that was all I have to do and my boarding pass won't state it.

If I'm not happy, I will cancel the card since there is no fee the first year you have it.

Not to change the subject, but I just got a Delta AmEx, mainly for priority boarding. Is priority boarding stated on your boarding pass of do you have to tell them at the ticket window? Delta said that was all I have to do and my boarding pass won't state it.

If I'm not happy, I will cancel the card since there is no fee the first year you have it.

You will be zone 1 :) It will be printed on your ticket, or on your phone if you scan your phone. They will board families with young children then first class, then zone 1. Also, I have found, if you sweet talk at the counter you might be able to get upgraded. Download the app so you know if there are better seats left. If so, I always try to be super nice and it has worked a couple times :o

I figured if I fly twice a year it is worth it (once I pay annual fee) because of the free checked bag. I always check a bag.

I have alway been a Celebrity cruiser, my first was the Meridian in 1995 (I believe it is now at the bottom of the sea off Spain used to create a reef) Anyway from the Meridian and Zenith to Century and all the Millinium ships and finally the Reflection this past January I have always sailed Celebity. (Took a day to adjust to some changes when on the Reflection but it was great) NOW my extended family of 12 along with a couple for their anniversay and their friends are going on the NCL Breakaway 9/15. (We come from NY where it is sailing from). Most of the reviews have been negative, too many people (over 4800 last week) is the biggest complaint (Hope Celebrity doesn't go past the Reflection and start on these truly megaships with too many people). Besides the negative reviews, the "freestyle" cruising isn't for me (some like it which is fine). Trying to coordinate some dinners and shows together with 12 people is impossible. No set dinner times, too many speciality restaurants. I prefer Early or Late dining, makes it simple for a big crowd. Shows in the theatre not all over the ship. I like formal night, like to dress up after a day in shorts and flip flops. AND ROOM SERVICE!!!! $3.50 after 11PM!! It's not the money, it's being nickled and dimed. Celebrity..... I'm coming home this spring!! I promise no deviation any more, I'll stay where I know I'll be happy. True, I think they could upgrade their loyality program to something more significant. The past few cruises priority boardingdidn't get me on board quicker, security was the same for all and the lines for upper level Captains club was the same as for all. Personalized stationary?? 3 sheets with my name spelled wrong!! Special events were just a free drink with a sales pitch. After 18 years and9 or 10 cruises let me fell special for once. (would have been more cruisers but my wife, my best friend died after 4 years of treatment for cancer so we missed a few years) I'm rambling but am so nervous about my Breakaway cruise after all the reviews. I'll stay positive but wish it was on Celebrity. If you are happy with Celebrity don't leave!!!

I am so sorry for your loss but it is wonderful to be sailing with your family - that is so special. Enjoy Breakaway for what it is and what it can offer, don't compare and have a great time. Book your next Celebrity cruise before you go and that will put you in a great frame of mind:D

You will be zone 1 :) It will be printed on your ticket, or on your phone if you scan your phone. They will board families with young children then first class, then zone 1. Also, I have found, if you sweet talk at the counter you might be able to get upgraded. Download the app so you know if there are better seats left. If so, I always try to be super nice and it has worked a couple times :o

I figured if I fly twice a year it is worth it (once I pay annual fee) because of the free checked bag. I always check a bag.

I'm always really nice to the people at the counter...I'm sure they get treated pretty badly by some travelers.

First bag is free on international flights. I've never been lucky enough to get upgraded...not even for the bulk seats but yet, I see people who don't need the leg room...which I do not either but I love to stretch out some and not have someone's recling seat in front of me.

We always flew Delta to Aruba but now, from Chicago, it's overnight connections...crazy!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Right now I love our seats...A&B going and F&G coming home.

My smart phone is smarter than I am:o...not sure how to download the app or to see if there are better seats but I can probably see that from our hotel the night before we fly. Can't imagine anyone booking a last minute flight from JFK to Venice.

I'm always really nice to the people at the counter...I'm sure they get treated pretty badly by some travelers.

First bag is free on international flights. I've never been lucky enough to get upgraded...not even for the bulk seats but yet, I see people who don't need the leg room...which I do not either but I love to stretch out some and not have someone's recling seat in front of me.

We always flew Delta to Aruba but now, from Chicago, it's overnight connections...crazy!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Right now I love our seats...A&B going and F&G coming home.

My smart phone is smarter than I am:o...not sure how to download the app or to see if there are better seats but I can probably see that from our hotel the night before we fly. Can't imagine anyone booking a last minute flight from JFK to Venice.

The nice thing about the app is many (domestic) flight upgrades happen within the 5-0 day mark of flight leaving. So when I get to the airport 2ish hours before departure I can check the seat assignments to see how many are left to see if it is worth trying to upgrade. And it's very easy to change your seat within your same ticket class. For instance I had a middle seat on a flight I booked 2 weeks out for a short notice trip. I honestly checked the app 20+ times a day for open seats (in my class) to switch to. Eventually, I got my window! I just find it easier than logging into delta on a website. But it depends how important seats are to you :) I have a fear of flying and feel 100x better in a window! If you know anyone with a fear of flying- it is very irrational!

To keep this on topic. I would like to see rewards with the Celebrity card that offer shopping points too. Maybe if you book excursion with the celebrity card you get 3points/per dollars? With the delta card, we shop a lot through the online delta mall at everyday places like kohls and target when they run 3+ points for dollar. Maybe celebrity could have something similar? That would persuade us!

The nice thing about the app is many (domestic) flight upgrades happen within the 5-0 day mark of flight leaving. So when I get to the airport 2ish hours before departure I can check the seat assignments to see how many are left to see if it is worth trying to upgrade. And it's very easy to change your seat within your same ticket class. For instance I had a middle seat on a flight I booked 2 weeks out for a short notice trip. I honestly checked the app 20+ times a day for open seats (in my class) to switch to. Eventually, I got my window! I just find it easier than logging into delta on a website. But it depends how important seats are to you :) I have a fear of flying and feel 100x better in a window! If you know anyone with a fear of flying- it is very irrational!

To keep this on topic. I would like to see rewards with the Celebrity card that offer shopping points too. Maybe if you book excursion with the celebrity card you get 3points/per dollars? With the delta card, we shop a lot through the online delta mall at everyday places like kohls and target when they run 3+ points for dollar. Maybe celebrity could have something similar? That would persuade us!

I've never heard of the online Delta mall.

And I do have window seats going and coming. With the configuration of the plane from JFK to Venice there are two seats on each side and that's what we have. No middle seats for us this time.

And, to the OP, sorry for hijacking this thread again.

It's a shame CC doesn't have private messaging.:rolleyes: :confused:

I've never heard of the online Delta mall.

And I do have window seats going and coming. With the configuration of the plane from JFK to Venice there are two seats on each side and that's what we have. No middle seats for us this time.

And, to the OP, sorry for hijacking this thread again.

It's a shame CC doesn't have private messaging.:rolleyes: :confused:

and they send out daily emails for what shops have specials, more points etc. For example, today they are offering 6 (or 5 can't remember) points per dollar on protein powder (which we use) so we are going to order some :)

Maybe X could offer specials "12 hours only, book XYZ excursions for triple points!"

and they send out daily emails for what shops have specials, more points etc. For example, today they are offering 6 (or 5 can't remember) points per dollar on protein powder (which we use) so we are going to order some :)

Maybe X could offer specials "12 hours only, book XYZ excursions for triple points!"

Oops....I didn't give them my E-mail address. Figured I'd just be getting more junk mail, like I always do when I give my addy out.

Archived