LOST LUGGAGE ** Please help!!!**

Mel&Ken

I too believe a written complaint is the way to go.

I do hope you get somewhere. I have been following your story and hoping that your luggage would turn up. I could not have produced receipts for our luggage or any of the clothes/makeup/shoes/bags etc and $300 is only about £200 which would barely my makeup never mind anything else. To be frank I am horror struck that this could happen and will think seriously about putting my luggage out. If nothing else Celebrity should care about what actually happened to your luggage and give you a satisfactory explanation .... In other words prove to us all that you, the customer, actually matters.

Please continue to fight on behalf of us all.

Thank you.

Wow!!! Kept reading hoping for things to get better or maybe even a happy ending. Instead it just seems to get worse.

It's always been said here on the boards, customer service on land is the opposite of what you get on the ships. Sadly, sounds like it may have dropped a notch.

Good luck as you press on with this.

Sadly, the shore side staff does now work for the cruise line and someone may have pick up a couple souvineers of their own.

in the hold out for good news but don't really expect anything department....I left an iPad on a United flight on August 8.

Filed report 40 minutes after....I assumed it was gone for good.:mad:

they just emailed today and said they have it. :)

Of course my replacement had arrived just 30 minutes prior to that via UPS.... :eek:

so there's always some slim chance it comes home...

Mel&Ken, one of our local television stations, the ABC affiliate, has a consumer reporter who often takes up a specific problem for a consumer and reports on the outcome. If there is someone similar in your area you may want to contact him/her and explain your plight. In case you are considering writing a letter, this reporter suggests keeping your explanation very succinct--four paragraphs, no more than one typewritten page, with lots of white showing. Please continue to keep us posted.

Betsy

I am so sorry for what has happened to you. It confirms my decision after our second cruise to never put our luggage outside the door. Our second cruise was on Princess rt NYC. When we disembarked, our luggage was no where near where it was supposed to be. We eventually found the bags, but it was the last time we did that! I hope you can get some satisfaction.

I've been having a problem with "a certain cell phone company" since June. Went through numerous reps time and time again with no success. I was at my wits end and decided to try something different.

I went to their Facebook page and very politely, without details told them that I was having problems and could not get to anyone that might be about to help me and to please, please contact me.

Within hours I had a message with an email address asking me to please explain the situation. A few emails went back and forth...they looked into it and thought they found the issue and would check back later to see if the issue had been resolved. They did...it was ...and finally everything is working.

May not work in your situation, but might be worth a try. Good Luck.

Our daughter has had great luck with a certain airline by posting problems on Twitter. They responded to her travel delay problems within an hour. It's not the same kind of issue for you, but social media may be an additional way to proceed. Celebrity is on Facebook and Twitter.

We travelled with RCI a few years ago (Adventure of the Seas) and our luggage was lost for two days before they delivered it (the next port). Although it was the airlines fault, RCI gave me a complimentary tux rental & shoes, 100 min. free Internet, a free bag for laundry, $50 extra for dry-cleaning, toiletries including shampoos, toothbrushes, toothpaste, lotion, etc. and 2 gorgeous evening dresses for her to wear! How generous was that! United Airlines also re-imbursed us all of the $600 we had spent on new clothes, toiletries, etc. We could not say enough nice things about RCI & United after that! WOW!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

An update with the latest news......

The door has been closed on the Lost Luggage and Guest Relations Departments - their only answer is to quote policy.

I sent letter to head office Nov.7th to which I have not received a reply.

I read the advice about using facebook or twitter but we don't have either type of account and frankly don't want one!

I did see someone asked a week ago for the CEOs email address and one was posted. So I took that opportuity to send an email, explain the situation and attach the letters I have sent.

As suspected this is not a direct email to him - I received an automated response saying my email was received (yay progress) and would be dealt with in the order it was received. It also asked me not reply as that would further delay the response.

That was two days ago.....I will post an update when I hear back from someone.

The door has been closed on the Lost Luggage and Guest Relations Departments - their only answer is to quote policy.

I read the advice about using facebook or twitter but we don't have either type of account and frankly don't want one!

I did see someone asked a week ago for the CEOs email address and one was posted. So I took that opportuity to send an email, explain the situation and attach the letters I have sent.

As suspected this is not a direct email to him - I received an automated response saying my email was received (yay progress) and would be dealt with in the order it was received. It also asked me not reply as that would further delay the response.

I would be so frustrated at this point, I admire so much how you've kept your cool and dealt with the situation rather than spinning yourself into a frenzy.

Hi Mel,

One idea I had, was to contact Greg Purdy, he is Senior Vice President of Operations, email me and I'll be happy to provide you his email and telephone number. I can't promise anything but he's an excellent man, and think he might be able to help you. My email is jwtrocks@gmail.com

Edited by johhnnyt

Every time that I see this thread reemerge, I think you are coming back to tell us that your luggage arrived at your doorstep. :D

You will receive a call from the offices of Celebrity's CEO. I sent an email a couple of months ago and got a call practically the next day. This was right before the Millie episode and I guess they had a little downtime. in fact, the office emailed me and called me twice. Very nice! With all that's going on with the Millie passengers, the Captains Club trouble, etc., it could be a while before you hear back. ;)

Hi Mel,

I'm so sad that you have had such terrible customer service from Celebrity. On a recent cruise, my OH's tuxedo jacket was ruined by their laundry. There wasn't even mention of a $300 limit...all we had to do was find pricing for similar items and they issued a credit to his CC. This was all done after we disembarked and the value was just shy of $500.

I know a suitcase worth of clothes is worth far, far more but I'd just like to say to keep pushing for the reimbursement you deserve.

I have lost many times at luggage roulette. Usually it does get found. After losing my luggage going to a cruise, I never bring any really good clothes with me. I did recover some money from the airline. I also collected on my travel insurance and homeowners. The cruise line ought to cover your losses. They took responsibility for your luggage. My son had a bag damaged by the handlers when they took his bag off the ship. HAL paid for repairs without any hesitation. Good luck.

A

I've heard some amazing stories of companies that suddenly snap to attention once a negative situation is loudly posted on social media by an unhappy customer. I would strongly encourage you to try this route. Get a friend who is familiar with social media to help you set up the account and to then help you post publicly. Keep it brief, and focus on the fact that you waited weeks to get a reply, weeks to have paperwork processed, and that no one ever even acted like they cared. State that you have receipts from pre-cruise shopping, and give the amounts of the value of your stuff and the paltry amount Celebrity offered. Explain that you've been patient but are extremely disappointed. Offer all this as a warning to others, and a plea to anyone from Celebrity to show you that the company, despite your experience to date, really does care. It certainly can't hurt and you just might get a positive response.

I've heard some amazing stories of companies that suddenly snap to attention once a negative situation is loudly posted on social media by an unhappy customer. I would strongly encourage you to try this route. Get a friend who is familiar with social media to help you set up the account and to then help you post publicly. Keep it brief, and focus on the fact that you waited weeks to get a reply, weeks to have paperwork processed, and that no one ever even acted like they cared. State that you have receipts from pre-cruise shopping, and give the amounts of the value of your stuff and the paltry amount Celebrity offered. Explain that you've been patient but are extremely disappointed. Offer all this as a warning to others, and a plea to anyone from Celebrity to show you that the company, despite your experience to date, really does care. It certainly can't hurt and you just might get a positive response.

Excellent advice! Celebrity needs to respond in a positive way. They were responsible for your luggage! :mad:

If they sent a check cash it. Unfortunately, it is probably the best offer you will be offered. It's a huge corporation and they know what the bottom line is they need to pay.

Thank you for all the continued support. It is frustrating to say the least and honestly more shocking that despite who I reach out to no one seems to care.

While I appreciate the advice re: social media it's just not my style. I am not trying to hurt their reputation or keep people from cruising with them. I myself LOVE Celebrity and aside from this incident have had wonderful service.

I started this post hours after our luggage went missing in hope that someone could connect me with the right people and possibly help us find our bags. I have kept everyone posted as requested but in all honesty my message is not that people stay away from Celebrity. If anything I would suggest think twice about what you're packing; if it would upset you to lose it, leave it home. I will also NEVER again place my bags outside the door the night before no matter what cruise line I use. I don't care how many bags I have to juggle or how much room I take up on the elevator - they will stay with me.

I have said all along our future cruise choice will depend on how this matter is handled. It looks like we won't be cruising Celebrity again at this point which makes me sad as it hurts us more than it hurts them I am sure. Now it has become a matter of principle (and pride).

If they sent a check cash it. Unfortunately, it is probably the best offer you will be offered. It's a huge corporation and they know what the bottom line is they need to pay.

Actually all they plan to do is credit our card the $600. Which poses a new problem. They can't find our credit card information. They had no problem charging the $6000 when we left the ship but now they can't find it to credit us. I am happy to provide a card for them to credit except the card we used has since expired and now has a new number and they don't want to use that one.

Never a dull moment! :rolleyes:

Actually all they plan to do is credit our card the $600. Which poses a new problem. They can't find our credit card information. They had no problem charging the $6000 when we left the ship but now they can't find it to credit us. I am happy to provide a card for them to credit except the card we used has since expired and now has a new number and they don't want to use that one.

Never a dull moment! :rolleyes:

Oh, my! Can the credit card company help? Maybe somehow transfer the credit to the new card? I know I had shopping returns from a canceled card that Visa transfered to the new card.....

Best of Luck!!!

If anything I would suggest think twice about what you're packing; if it would upset you to lose it, leave it home. I will also NEVER again place my bags outside the door the night before no matter what cruise line I use. I don't care how many bags I have to juggle or how much room I take up on the elevator - they will stay with me.

We will be going on our first cruise in January. I've been following your thread, and partly because of what happened with you, we have decided to go with carry-ons only, and embark and disembark ourselves, with our luggage always with us. Thankfully we are able to do that physically, and we're going to the Caribbean where we won't need heavy clothes, so it will work for us.

I appreciate you sharing your experience so that at least people understand the risks, and can make an informed decision about their bags. At minimum, anything valuable should stay with you at all times, and I think your advice to leave it at home if it would upset you to lose it, is spot on. So, thank you for contributing valuable information to the group. And I still hope you get satisfaction from Celebrity eventually.