Summit "Live" 9/21/13 Havana Daydreamin in a Northern Latitude

Havana Daydreamin

Havana Daydreamin, I know your cruise is coming to a close. Thanks again for taking us all on your adventure. I enjoyed every post. I hope you let us know when and where you will be sailing again so we can travel with you on your journey! Wishing you and Barbara safe travels home.

Havana, One more thank you for the fantastic experience you provided to all of us following your posts. I can't believe that two weeks have past since I started to follow you. Tomorrow you leave the Summit :( and I will board :), although a bit latter than planned :(. Anticipation is part of a vacation's enjoyment, and you have been a big part of that for me. Also, the info in your posts helped me in planning what to do at some ports and some of the things to do aboard Summit.

Stay healthy and have a safe trip home.

Ron

The Celebrity Today for Friday, October 4, 2013.

CTPage1_zpsca77f916.jpg

CTPage2_zpsf618ac01.jpg

CTPage3_zps89d6f12a.jpg

CTPage4_zps34f640ad.jpg

And just so you note, the red dots on the cabin doors. Here you go! I do hope that ALL the cabins are deep cleaned but in reality, I just don’t think that can be pulled off in the time between vacating cabins and the next boarding times even though they are significantly delayed.

RedDot_zps284439b9.jpg

I hope someone may give information on this during the next cruise!

Good luck to all! Thank you for “cruising” virtually with us during the last days! Thanks to all the kind comments and helpful information others posted as well.

I will have postings tonight and then once I have returned home I can put together my post cruise reflections!

The Celebrity Today for Friday, October 4, 2013.

CTPage1_zpsca77f916.jpg

CTPage2_zpsf618ac01.jpg

CTPage3_zps89d6f12a.jpg

CTPage4_zps34f640ad.jpg

And just so you note, the red dots on the cabin doors. Here you go! I do hope that ALL the cabins are deep cleaned but in reality, I just don’t think that can be pulled off in the time between vacating cabins and the next boarding times even though they are significantly delayed.

RedDot_zps284439b9.jpg

Good luck to all! Thank you for “cruising” virtually with us during the last days! Thanks to all the kind comments and helpful information others posted as well.

I will have postings tonight and then once I have returned home I can put together my post cruise reflections!

Thank you for the wonderful cyber tour.

RedDot_zps284439b9.jpg

Please steal a red sticker from the staff and put it on 8046 LOL :-) I was ENSURED that they were doing ALL cabins. I knew it was a lie....this doesn't make me feel comfortable about getting onto this ship because the cabins that didn't get the marking could contain the illness.

Havana Daydreaming, this is a great thread and the shots of my birth place, Quebec City, were nice .

FYI - your quide's name there is spelled Genevieve

Thanks a bunch....I knew I had done a dis-service in spelling the name but at $0.36 per minute online I hoped she might understand IF she read this!

If you know her, be sure to tell her just how very much her guiding was enjoyed!

Thanks for taking us along on your trip! It was beautiful and I have now added this itinerary to my list, even though, much like you, I am a Caribbean Island Hopper. Beautiful photos, thorough details, and all the info any of us ever ask for has made this a fabulous real time review! Thanks again for sharing!

Please steal a red sticker from the staff and put it on 8046 LOL :-) I was ENSURED that they were doing ALL cabins. I knew it was a lie....this doesn't make me feel comfortable about getting onto this ship because the cabins that didn't get the marking could contain the illness.

To Havana Daydreamin--- Thank you--your posts were wonderful. I appreciate all of the work and time you did for this thread.

Please make sure there is a red dot sticker on cabin 6027.

Edited by NJ Gal

Havanna Daydreamin', as well as all the other Celebrity cruisers who have taken or are about to take a New England Summit cruise this year, my wife and friends booked the 9/7/14 sailing when it was only opened to Captain Club Members just prior opening up to the public. While the price has slightly increased since then I was hoping for a considerable discount in the future. My question is for those sailing this year did the price ever decrease to a more reasonable rate at any time leading up to your cruise? The cost for New England sailings next year have, from the beginning, been very pricey.

Bob

They always are and they rarely come down......

Don't be paranoid...it will ruin your trip. If the occupants of the room did not have it, there is no reason to do it and the efforts are better spent on the common areas where all of the infected people had access.

Instead of relyingon some "deep cleaning"...that you really have no idea how "deep" it is, you should be protecting yourself and assuming that all surfaces have it. Wash your hands for 30 seconds with soap and water every time you move locations. Skip the buffet entirely. Use the paper towels to open public doors.

Go back to your own room to go to the bathroom.....that is the best way to protect yourself. Since you have your own room with your own bathroom, skip the bathroom outside the dinning room and get some excersis and walk back to the cabin.

Don't be paranoid...it will ruin your trip. If the occupants of the room did not have it, there is no reason to do it and the efforts are better spent on the common areas where all of the infected people had access.

Instead of relyingon some "deep cleaning"...that you really have no idea how "deep" it is, you should be protecting yourself and assuming that all surfaces have it. Wash your hands for 30 seconds with soap and water every time you move locations. Skip the buffet entirely. Use the paper towels to open public doors.

Go back to your own room to go to the bathroom.....that is the best way to protect yourself. Since you have your own room with your own bathroom, skip the bathroom outside the dinning room and get some excersis and walk back to the cabin.

Thanks, though there's always the potential of non reports, so it makes me nervous that just because they didn't know about it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

We are going to bring some things to try to wipe down whatever we can in the cabin. I wont let it ruin the cruise, per se, i've been waiting for this trip since last year when I booked it while on board the Reflection inaugural in October. I just hope we all stay healthy.

Thanks you so much for all of the info and the absolutely wonderful pictures.

I have read that using alcohol to clean is a good way to avoid Noro so, I plan to take full advantage of our beverage package! :)

What a wonderful and very interesting blog about your cruise, and the photos were spectacular!

My husband and I are going on the Summit in November -a southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan which will be our first sailing with Celebrity so found it all very interesting.

We are from the west coast - Vancouver BC and especially loved the fall colours from your cruise.

Thanks

Your photos have been fantastic. Thank you for sharing your cruise with us! I know I appreciate it even moreso being on the one following yours. I hope we are blessed with weather like you had, but so far the forecasts are calling for chances of rain in several ports. If it means no noro, I'll take the rain though...LOL.

Safe travels to all tomorrow, going and coming.

Havana,

Again thank you for the time you invested in this blog. After enjoying 2 days in New York, Chuck and I are waiting at our Manhattan hotel to board the Summit at 5:00 today. Your photos were amazing and, if possible, made my anticipation for this cruise grow. Your comments made the ports come to life - we can't wait!

Safe travels home for you and Barbara. You mentioned sailing from New Orleans in January2015; very easy port to leave from. Enjoy your time in NOLA as well.