2013 Constellation 62 Night Odyssey

C 2 C

We are in Mamaris today together with the Journey..

Everyday has been spectacular, beautiful blue skies, many photo opportunities.

The beverage package is seriously affecting my free time, whether it is sipping tea, a refreshing beer after a walk in the sun, or a brandy Alexander after which I am really mellow. It is also great walking into Michael's where elites are gathering from 5 to 7 with a drink in hand as I pass the guardian at the gate.

On the fourth leg of our voyage, (we have just learned) we will be able to glide over the red carpet for the first time since we will be occupants of the Royal Suite. (A Sweet Suite GTY) There is a Celebrity Angel watching over us after all. We however will practice the appropriate wrist movement to greet our fellow cruisers...

The heck with VIP,you are now Canadian Royalty.

Continue to enjoy. We are now in Florida waiting for our cruise season to begin in about 3 weeks.

The beverage package is seriously affecting my free time, whether it is sipping tea, a refreshing beer after a walk in the sun, or a brandy Alexander after which I am really mellow. It is also great walking into Michael's where elites are gathering from 5 to 7 with a drink in hand as I pass the guardian at the gate.

On the fourth leg of our voyage, (we have just learned) we will be able to glide over the red carpet for the first time since we will be occupants of the Royal Suite. (A Sweet Suite GTY) There is a Celebrity Angel watching over us after all. We however will practice the appropriate wrist movement to greet our fellow cruisers...

FINALLY !!!!!!!! You get upped to a Royal Suite......:cool:

it is about time !!:D;):)

I trust Joanne and your good self will enjoy this to the fullest ! There might be a chance that being spoiled into such facilities might evolve into an habit.......heck...you're only passing thru this planet once.....:rolleyes:

Congrats

Cheers

Claude

Hi Arno,

Happy to hear you are having a nice time, and congrats on the upgrade. Royal Suite ? WOW. I'm thrilled for you & Joanne. Continue to enjoy your Journey !

Friday October 25.

The Island of Rhodes

Since the 19th of October, embarkation day in Istanbul, we have had beautiful clear skies and warming temperatures. I cannot imagine how mother nature or the ancient Greek gods could improve on this weather experience for our cruise.

We’re presently in Cafe al Bacio sipping our cappuccino and Vienna Cinnamon tea while gazing out the windows at the walls of Rhodes. This is cruising at its best, comfort and a visual delight wherever one gazes.

While enjoying our breakfast in Blu this morning, Silhouette came gliding in to the berth beside us.

For anyone who has not been to this part of the world before, I strongly urge you to pick this itinerary. Every port allows the traveller to disembark into the midst of another wonderful port to shop, to walk in the footsteps of history or just simply sit along the waterfront or town square for people watching. Despite the cold front that brought rain last week, October is the best time of year to enjoy the islands and historic delights of the eastern Mediterranean.

As for the choice of ships, we continue to love Constellation above all other Celebrity vessels. Practicality and layout of the ship has never been improved upon for our priorities in life at sea.

Hello,

While enjoying our breakfast in Blu this morning, Silhouette came gliding in to the berth beside us.

May I ask how you like the BLU on the Constellation compared to BLU on the Solstice class? On pictures it looks small and dark.

We have booked cabin 1138 on the Constellation for next year. Did you enjoy the cabin? Noise was a Problem?

Ralf

Aro,

Thanks for taking time to post a report.

Looking forward to seeing Rhodes again.

We plan to do lots of DYI on the Greek islands.

I hope the great weather continues, or at least the rain stays away on the next itinerary on the Constellation.

We will be doing a day tour in Istanbul next Friday, and look forward to meeting you at the CC party.

We have sailed Celebrity a few times thru the Greek Islands. The first time to Rhodes was in the late fall and we loved it even though some of the shops, etc. were closing for the season. We (DH and I) agreed that it was our most favourite of spots and had to return. We went back the next time in June - a whole different place. Four ships in port and shoulder to shoulder crowds! Not as pleasant as the first experience but still a delight.

Constellation

During the last dry dock, a number of changes were made to Constellation.

AQ staterooms were added on deck 11 above the Oceanview Cafe. Our aft facing cabin #1138 is the mirror image of #1141. As we enter the cabin, the closets are to the left, the bathroom to the right, the opposite of #1141. There is a stairway to the Sunset Bar below, great for picking up a beverage for cabin consumption. We have had no issues with smoke drifting up from below in either cabin. There have been days when the sun shines on our balcony for most of the day while we are in port.

On deck three, the Captain’s Club desk has been moved to the former Concierge location which in turn has been moved adjacent to the main customer relations counter. The future sales office has been moved to deck 5 with up to three desks ready to book your next cruise. This area near the shops was formerly a seating place for sales pitches and Park West art/bubbly previews. The former Future Sales Office has been taken over by.. the “Destination Concierge Celebrity Exclusives Private Journeys” (so the sign reads). About half of the port side deck 5 MDR has been transformed into the Blu restaurant area. The railing seats and some windows have been designated for select dining on the port side.

On this sailing Elites have had their afternoon “Happy Hour” in Michael’s until last night when we were moved to part of the Reflections Lounge. Reflection with its wonderful vistas, even with most of the Port side windows walled in by the relocated kids club, is much nicer for sailaway. Morning elite breakfast is held in Tuscan on Deck 11.

There is a Dutch expression (loosely translated) that “an accident is waiting around the corner”. Three days ago a waiter in Blu pushed my chair in a little too vigorously while my foot was resting against the table pedestal twisting my ankle in the process. I was unable to walk well enough to visit Athens or even worse, Santorini. Fortunately we will visit these ports again. One just never knows how one’s plans have to be adapted with unpredictable events. Last night we witnessed three people taking a tumble off that poorly designed step in Reflections. One woman was really stunned by the fall and several wondered if she could get up on her own power.

The weather has been absolutely stunning for the entire voyage. Mykonos was windy and cool but every port has been wonderful... even when one has to enjoy them on board.

In Piraeus, Celebrity history was made while Constellation and Silhouette were in port together. The Kafetzis brothers, Tasos and Dimitri were at the helm as masters of the two ships in port together for the first time.

There has been no sign of NLV but for those boarding soon, bring your cold meds as coughing is heard throughout the ship. Boarding should be a breeze.

Arno,

thanks for the recent update.

Hope your ankle is back in shape for the next round.

It is one of the perks on a repeat itinerary that I am sure you will take advantage of it.:)

Weather looks good for the next ten days in many of the ports of call.

Leave tomorrow and see you at the CC party.

Three days ago a waiter in Blu pushed my chair in a little too vigorously while my foot was resting against the table pedestal twisting my ankle in the process. I was unable to walk well enough to visit Athens or even worse, Santorini.

Oh no Arno! Did that keep you off the dance floor? I hope you're better now.

Garry

Constellation

During the last dry dock, a number of changes were made to Constellation.

AQ staterooms were added on deck 11 above the Oceanview Cafe. Our aft facing cabin #1138 is the mirror image of #1141. As we enter the cabin, the closets are to the left, the bathroom to the right, the opposite of #1141. There is a stairway to the Sunset Bar below, great for picking up a beverage for cabin consumption. We have had no issues with smoke drifting up from below in either cabin. There have been days when the sun shines on our balcony for most of the day while we are in port.

On deck three, the Captain’s Club desk has been moved to the former Concierge location which in turn has been moved adjacent to the main customer relations counter. The future sales office has been moved to deck 5 with up to three desks ready to book your next cruise. This area near the shops was formerly a seating place for sales pitches and Park West art/bubbly previews. The former Future Sales Office has been taken over by.. the “Destination Concierge Celebrity Exclusives Private Journeys” (so the sign reads). About half of the port side deck 5 MDR has been transformed into the Blu restaurant area. The railing seats and some windows have been designated for select dining on the port side.

On this sailing Elites have had their afternoon “Happy Hour” in Michael’s until last night when we were moved to part of the Reflections Lounge. Reflection with its wonderful vistas, even with most of the Port side windows walled in by the relocated kids club, is much nicer for sailaway. Morning elite breakfast is held in Tuscan on Deck 11.

There is a Dutch expression (loosely translated) that “an accident is waiting around the corner”. Three days ago a waiter in Blu pushed my chair in a little too vigorously while my foot was resting against the table pedestal twisting my ankle in the process. I was unable to walk well enough to visit Athens or even worse, Santorini. Fortunately we will visit these ports again. One just never knows how one’s plans have to be adapted with unpredictable events. Last night we witnessed three people taking a tumble off that poorly designed step in Reflections. One woman was really stunned by the fall and several wondered if she could get up on her own power.

The weather has been absolutely stunning for the entire voyage. Mykonos was windy and cool but every port has been wonderful... even when one has to enjoy them on board.

In Piraeus, Celebrity history was made while Constellation and Silhouette were in port together. The Kafetzis brothers, Tasos and Dimitri were at the helm as masters of the two ships in port together for the first time.

There has been no sign of NLV but for those boarding soon, bring your cold meds as coughing is heard throughout the ship. Boarding should be a breeze.

We were sad to hear about the Foot Arno but hope the "spray rash has gotten better"! Will be thinking about you both when we board Equinox!! Gail and Dean

You must be having a great time, or the internet is down. Havent seen a post since the 29th.

Will you be able to find out how many elites are on the TA 11/24?

Whats the Noro status?

Looking forward to meeting you and your lovely wife.

Norma

We are now over half way through our odyssey and have enjoyed every day onboard. We are dining in the MDR this cruise and we actually prefer the food to the menu in Blu. Our waiter and assistant as well as our sommelier are all great; service could not be better. Our present home is 7158 a mid-ship balcony. One real convenience of our present location is getting hot water in under 30 seconds. In our aft AQ cabins there was almost enough time to have breakfast before the water turned warm.

If anyone has any interest in buying a “replica” watch, I now know of merchants to avoid and a place to get a good deal.

The outer deck on 4 is presently undergoing renovation to faux cedar planking. The procedure is quite interesting and the change in appearance from the old surface is a real upgrade. The previous ilounge has been moved from deck 6 to 9 and like the acupuncture location on deck 7, been replaced by interior cabins. The wall-mounted hair dryers in bathrooms have been removed and have been replaced by a picture and a night light.

The weather on this voyage has not been as great as on the previous one but overall the voyage has been a great one. There has been a real reduction in coughers on board and no indication of NLV. The activities staff has been great in providing new and challenging questions daily. We think that they are the best and most consistent team with whom we have ever sailed. Alejandro the CD left for holidays at the end of the last voyage and replaced with Mark Western, the activities manager. JC will be CD on the next sailing.

Master: Tasos Kafetzis (New)

HD: Marcela Salum

CD: Mark Western (this sailing only)

Chief Engineer: Emmanuel Archontakis (new)

Staff Captain: Christos Trifyllis

GRM Nick Shrives (in hospital in Istanbul)

F&B: Eve De Nies

Executive Chef: Stephen Jondeau

CC host: Lionel

We have yet to meet the maitre’d... but he was introduced last night with the formal goodbye: Lazo

Party Band: Carousel

Strings: Fiore Trio

Jazz: for listening and fox-trotting (even when they call it a rhumba or a waltz)

Duo: T&T (Popular Music for dancing)

Guitar: John Winters

Guitar: Cesar Paucar

Guest entertainers have been very good to excellent.

Health problems also affect the staff. The GRM was left behind in Istanbul with appendicitis and the Carousel keyboard player was hospitalized in Rhodes. His wife, the lead singer, carries on but she obviously wishes to be at his side. Our favourite evening activity is to listen and dance to Carousel but we worry as well. Their current contract ends mid-December.

We have heard that there will be about 400 back to back guests boarding tomorrow. The evening elite gathering takes place in the Reflections Lounge but it seems that the beverage package has severely impacted attendance. Lionel (CC host) has not informed us about any upcoming changes nor the possibility of vouchers on upcoming sailings. I believe that the Miami Captain’s Club chief is currently meeting with the hosts and staff on each ship in preparation for the impending announcement... stay tuned but there will be changes and improvements beyond Elite (the name for this level will not be changed). Signing off for this voyage... with no complaints except for the lack of concrete rumors to spread.... ;)

We are now over half way through our odyssey and have enjoyed every day onboard. We are dining in the MDR this cruise and we actually prefer the food to the menu in Blu. Our waiter and assistant as well as our sommelier are all great; service could not be better. Our present home is 7158 a mid-ship balcony. One real convenience of our present location is getting hot water in under 30 seconds. In our aft AQ cabins there was almost enough time to have breakfast before the water turned warm.

The outer deck on 4 is presently undergoing renovation to faux cedar planking. The procedure is quite interesting and the change in appearance from the old surface is a real upgrade. The previous ilounge has been moved from deck 6 to 9 and like the acupuncture location on deck 7, been replaced by interior cabins. The wall-mounted hair dryers in bathrooms have been removed and have been replaced by a picture and a night light.

Some good news, some not so great.:rolleyes:

I will be sailing on two upcoming Connie cruises in 2014. The first in a standard stateroom with MDR seating. Glad the food is good. :) Not so great is the location of the iLounge moving to Deck 9. One of the reasons we choose Deck 6 was to be near the iLounge. :( Where on Deck 9 has it moved?

On the second cruise, we have booked AQ's on Deck 11. Not happy to hear about the water problem. I guess as long as you officially get enough hot water, it will be fine. How is the water pressure? I do like the fact that hairdryers in the bathroom have been removed. replaced with one in a drawer, I assume? :D

Is the food bad in Blu or is it just your taste? We have eaten in Blu on the Eclipse and thought it good. Have had both good and bad experiences in the MDR on various Celebrity ships. ;)

Some good news, some not so great.:rolleyes:

I will be sailing on two upcoming Connie cruises in 2014. The first in a standard stateroom with MDR seating. Glad the food is good. :) Not so great is the location of the iLounge moving to Deck 9. One of the reasons we choose Deck 6 was to be near the iLounge. :( Where on Deck 9 has it moved?

On the second cruise, we have booked AQ's on Deck 11. Not happy to hear about the water problem. I guess as long as you officially get enough hot water, it will be fine. How is the water pressure? I do like the fact that hairdryers in the bathroom have been removed. replaced with one in a drawer, I assume? :D

Is the food bad in Blu or is it just your taste? We have eaten in Blu on the Eclipse and thought it good. Have had both good and bad experiences in the MDR on various Celebrity ships. ;)

We didn't like the new location on deck 9 , either, because they used the upper storey of the library! The positive thing is that they have now more modern equipment in the i-lounge but we missed the quiet haven the library has been. Besides the fact that the selection of books is now still more depleted it is much louder now in the rest of the library on deck 8 because they left the stair-case in place between library and the new internet lounge and lots of noise are filtering down - beeping, talking, people walking around etc.

By the way, the hair-dryers are now the usual ones in a drawer - much better to handle. And the small night-lights in the bathrooms are fabulous.

If anyone has any interest in buying a “replica” watch, I now know of merchants to avoid and a place to get a good deal.

The weather on this voyage has not been as great as on the previous one but overall the voyage has been a great one. There has been a real reduction in coughers on board and no indication of NLV. The activities staff has been great in providing new and challenging questions daily. We think that they are the best and most consistent team with whom we have ever sailed. Alejandro the CD left for holidays at the end of the last voyage and replaced with Mark Western, the activities manager. JC will be CD on the next sailing.

Master: Tasos Kafetzis (New)

HD: Marcela Salum

CD: Mark Western (this sailing only)

Chief Engineer: Emmanuel Archontakis (new)

Staff Captain: Christos Trifyllis

GRM Nick Shrives (in hospital in Istanbul)

F&B: Eve De Nies

Executive Chef: Stephen Jondeau

CC host: Lionel

We have yet to meet the maitre’d... but he was introduced last night with the formal goodbye: Lazo

Party Band: Carousel

Strings: Fiore Trio

Jazz: for listening and fox-trotting (even when they call it a rhumba or a waltz)

Duo: T&T (Popular Music for dancing)

Guitar: John Winters

Guitar: Cesar Paucar

Guest entertainers have been very good to excellent.

Health problems also affect the staff. The GRM was left behind in Istanbul with appendicitis and the Carousel keyboard player was hospitalized in Rhodes. His wife, the lead singer, carries on but she obviously wishes to be at his side. Our favourite evening activity is to listen and dance to Carousel but we worry as well. Their current contract ends mid-December.

We have heard that there will be about 400 back to back guests boarding tomorrow. The evening elite gathering takes place in the Reflections Lounge but it seems that the beverage package has severely impacted attendance. Lionel (CC host) has not informed us about any upcoming changes nor the possibility of vouchers on upcoming sailings. I believe that the Miami Captain’s Club chief is currently meeting with the hosts and staff on each ship in preparation for the impending announcement... stay tuned but there will be changes and improvements beyond Elite (the name for this level will not be changed). Signing off for this voyage... with no complaints except for the lack of concrete rumors to spread.... ;)

Any chance you can keep an eye on that new decking to ensure that the shuffleboard court is redrawn? ;)

Solstice class does not have shuffleboard and it's a thorn in my side! Cruising on the the high seas and no shuffleboard.. who would have thought??

Arno:

Thanks for the update. I was just thinking that we hadn't heard from you on this thread for a while.

We haven't been on the Constellation since the April 2010 transatlantic. We are scheduled for the April 2014 transatlantic, and I am so looking forward to returning to the Connie.

We didn't like the new location on deck 9 , either, because they used the upper storey of the library! The positive thing is that they have now more modern equipment in the i-lounge but we missed the quiet haven the library has been. Besides the fact that the selection of books is now still more depleted it is much louder now in the rest of the library on deck 8 because they left the stair-case in place between library and the new internet lounge and lots of noise are filtering down - beeping, talking, people walking around etc.

By the way, the hair-dryers are now the usual ones in a drawer - much better to handle. And the small night-lights in the bathrooms are fabulous.

Thank you for the information. I will try not to make any noise when in the iLounge. ;)

good to hear about the nightlights, too.

Thank you for your updates Arno. Seems that Connie has undergone quite a few changes, since we last sailed on her earlier this year. I hope we'll recognize her, when we sail on her again. We are hoping to book one of the 4 or 5 night sailings this season. I will figure it out, when we return home from Eclipse.

Have a wonderful journey !