Shareholder OBC works!

Scrap Addict

Woowee,

I emailed Carnival yesterday (Monday) with the necessary details (plus copy of monthly brokerage statement) and today received an email confirmation that they had processed our OBC. And it's $250 since we're on the transatlantic!!! And even better, it's showing up on my booking details. I wish I had known about this benefit for my other CCL/HAL cruises!! Thank you Cruise Critic!

Now if only the event planner staff had been as efficient. We've missed out on the opportunity to dine at the Chef's Table (they're now sold out) since none of my emails to them were acted upon (7/23, 9/25 and 10/2) other than their canned message. My one email directly to the steakhouse did earn me a quick response, which I was glad to receive, even if it was to tell my we're on the wait list.

Woowee,

I emailed Carnival yesterday (Monday) with the necessary details (plus copy of monthly brokerage statement) and today received an email confirmation that they had processed our OBC. And it's $250 since we're on the transatlantic!!! And even better, it's showing up on my booking details. I wish I had known about this benefit for my other CCL/HAL cruises!! Thank you Cruise Critic!

Now if only the event planner staff had been as efficient. We've missed out on the opportunity to dine at the Chef's Table (they're now sold out) since none of my emails to them were acted upon (7/23, 9/25 and 10/2) other than their canned message. My one email directly to the steakhouse did earn me a quick response, which I was glad to receive, even if it was to tell my we're on the wait list.

Yes, it is a very nice perk. We're doing another B2B in 2014 so it's $200 total OBC - $100 for each cruise.

Shareholders O.B.C. is one of the smartest investments I've ever made! We cruise a lot (8 cruises this year) and I figure I'm making about 35% return on my investment, per year,,,,plus the little dividend checks I get, plus the stock has gone up considerably since I bought it! SUCH A DEAL!

"SKY";)

Woowee,

don't forget to print out your booking details with the credit just in case the ship doesn't have that same record. better safe than sorry

• Like 1

Do you have to own shares before you book your cruise? Or can you buy them after booking, and still get the OBC? :confused:

Yes, you can buy them after booking and then send in your proof of ownership a month or so before the cruise.

Do you have to own shares before you book your cruise? Or can you buy them after booking, and still get the OBC? :confused:

Don't even have to own them when you cruise. Buy 100 shares, wait for settlement date, sell. On a 100 shares you only need for the shares to go up about $.25 to cover the buy/sell commissions. Another $.07 should cover the short term capital gains. Reinvest the money in a good stock or mutual fund until the next time you cruise. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Edited by CheapieD
  • Haha 1

Don't even have to own them when you cruise. Buy 100 shares, wait for settlement date, sell. On a 100 shares you only need for the shares to go up about $.25 to cover the buy/sell commissions. Another $.07 should cover the short term capital gains. Reinvest the money in a good stock or mutual fund until the next time you cruise. Rinse and repeat as needed.

That sounds like a job to me

We just bought 100 shares a couple of mth's ago & have already gotten $200. Nice perk. Tried to talk the ol'man into it for years but it took a stranger to say as much as you folks cruise & you don't have stock. He came home & had me buy 100 shares. It was so easy e-trade did it with no high pres. sales pitch.

Woowee,

I emailed mine on Monday too and received the generic "we received your email message". I still haven't received an email confirmation so I was somewhat concerned. Just check my cruise documents and its there :).

We just bought the stock in May and have already received a small dividend and received the OBC on 2 cruises :)

I sent the email to guestadmin@carnival.com. Include your name, sail date, booking number and cabin. Also include a copy of your brokerage statement with your account # blacked out. I had 24 hour turn around time and am very pleased!

I cannot stress enough how important it is to block out the account number! I had our stockbroker fax in the necessary information. He was told not to include the account number.

After not hearing from Carnival for quite a while and not seeing the credit on our cruise manager, I contacted Carnival by phone. Yes, they received it, but it had the account number, SO THEY DESTROYED IT.

I contacted my stockbroker again, and this time it was done properly. I soon received my e-mail confirmation for the credit. Please note, if it is not done properly, you will not receive any notification that there was an error

Naturally, there are those who will "cheat" and not really be shareholders. Oh well. Love me some cheaters! :(

Yes, OP, of course it works! The links are right there on Carnival's website.

I don't bother my broker. I simply go online, grab the page I need that shows the # shares, black out the other info, and email it. I usually get confirmation within a couple of days. I've sometimes received confirmation within a couple of hours!

I didn't have the cash to purchase 100 shares initially so I bought 50 at around $28. By the time I had the rest of the cash in my Roth IRA, I was able to buy the other 50 shares at their exact low point in Feb 2009. Amazing. I never time things well. It was pure luck.

Of course, they'd suspended dividends then, but they've since reinstated them. So besides buying half my shares at the very low point over the last 10 years, I've since received the following OBC...

$100

$50

$100

$100

$250 (HAL 14 nights to Hawaii)

$50

$50

$50

$100

$50

$50

with another $100 coming up in just over a month.

Not a bad return on investment. Still, people should NOT be buying (and holding) CCL stock just for the OBC. It needs to fit into their investment plans.

Oh, and I recently bought 100 of RCL. Just because I could. I sort of feel dirty about it, though. :p

Kudos to Guest Administration on how they handles the Shareholder OBC requests.

We bought stock years ago and have received a lot of OBC over the years - mostly on Princess.

Applying on Princess is pretty much the same procedure, however getting a reply that it was received or applied may take some doing :-)

Last night around 10PM I remembered I needed to send a request in for our 10 November cruise, went to the broker site and got y recent statement, made up the cover letter and used a free online fax service to send it in.

This morning I had an email from Carnival saying the credit had been applied.

Way to go!

CCL Stock owner credit is also good on the Princess line. Any line under the Carnival umbrella. We just got back from a Princess cruise today & had our OBC for owning CCL:)

And if you're military Princess will give you addition OBC that matches the Shareholder OBC. I wish Carnival did that - the Military Rates have always been higher than what I can get normally.