Random thoughts from the Eurodam October 12, 2013

cruz chic

Hi Lorene - it must be a bit of a novelty for you and your bags to arrive at the same time;) So, another vacation, obviously they are paying accountants way too much these days:D Have a wonderful time and sure hope you report in as you go along.

Thx for the info about Cabot trail and also the museum. I'm not much of a museum person but I'll think about it. Back on the ship now so I'll say goodnight.

Thx for the nice comments everyone. Brazil, I'm going to do my best to make you bacon proud :D.

I will be watching for updates!

I'm happy to say my loved one (suitcase) did join me in Quebec. I'm getting spoiled after the penthouse so I had to upgrade my flight to executive. My luggage was overweight so it's lucky I did that. This is my new reality after my luggage was lost in February. I'm living with one suitcase and one larger carry on.

Happy your suitcases are getting trained to follow you and all of our shared ideas of packing a larger carry-on with your essentials is working for you. Hope the carry-on was not TOO heavy? But very glad you are using a lager one after the Feb. fun you had.

Hope the rest of the cruise goes well for you. :)

Rick & Joyce

Thanks for taking us on the cruise with you!!! I did this cruise last year on the Eurodam and got caught up in hurricane Sandy for 3 days. Great ship and crew and an awesome Captain.

Please give my love to Pipit (in the Taramind.)

Snow SW of Calgary yesterday! Here in Red Deer 14c and supposed to be nice all weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Lindy

Hi Lorene - it must be a bit of a novelty for you and your bags to arrive at the same time;) So, another vacation, obviously they are paying accountants way too much these days:D Have a wonderful time and sure hope you report in as you go along.

No, it for my sanity. Never know when it will be my last work day. They had layoffs last week but the CFO was too busy to decide who they wanted to let go for the accountants. Life is too short so I get away from that mess ever chance I get.

Thanks for taking us on the cruise with you!!! I did this cruise last year on the Eurodam and got caught up in hurricane Sandy for 3 days. Great ship and crew and an awesome Captain.

Please give my love to Pipit (in the Taramind.)

Snow SW of Calgary yesterday! Here in Red Deer 14c and supposed to be nice all weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Lindy

Yikes...snow. That's a four letter word:D. I remember you writing about that cruise. I'm hoping for no hurricanes.

Happy your suitcases are getting trained to follow you and all of our shared ideas of packing a larger carry-on with your essentials is working for you. Hope the carry-on was not TOO heavy? But very glad you are using a lager one after the Feb. fun you had.

Hope the rest of the cruise goes well for you. :)

Rick & Joyce

You taught this grasshopper well:D except for my suitcase weighing 50.8. Old habits die hard. I'm hoping to shop. My carry on weighed 22 lbs so right on the money.

When we were in Sydney week before last, we heard many complaints about the trail due to no visibility - it was a nasty day. Internet in the terminal wasn't working but a Tim

Horton's salvaged the day.

Thx for the info. You and Sapper talked me out of it. I was looking for a reason not to go. My last long bus ride was the day after a wine crawl on my Panama Canal cruise in 2011. That was not a pretty day. About 10 hours on a bus with no bathroom:eek:.

You taught this grasshopper well:D except for my suitcase weighing 50.8. Old habits die hard. I'm hoping to shop. My carry on weighed 22 lbs so right on the money.

We noticed on our last trip that they are starting to weigh carry ons.

I'm happy to say I made in up the very steep hill into old Quebec today. I think I'm doing well considering my knee surgery was about 3 and a half months ago. Most exercise is good but stairs and hills are a challenge.

I went to a store that I remember from 2011. They had very nice pewter jewelry then so I wanted to see if it was still there. I'm happy to report their children will all be going to college thanks to me:D. I remember someone saying that when I come to town they hang out a banner saying welcome Lorene. I like to spend the cash.

It's a cloudy day today but not super cold.

[quote name='Irish Eyes Are Sailing']Thanks lorekauf! I forget, do you have open seating? I know we do next month, so it would be a good comparison.......[/QUOTE]

Yup, open seating. I'm tempted to go to the tamarind again tonight but I'll behave.

[quote name='lorekauf']Yup, open seating. I'm tempted to go to the tamarind again tonight but I'll behave.[/quote]

I know you (and many others) love the Tamarind, it is one of the reasons I made a reservation for us on this next trip there.......I love Asian food, so we are very anxious to try it!

[quote name='sppunk']Hope your wine service is better than ours - we had traditional late and not ONCE did the steward visit us, bring us a menu, etc.she walked by many times a night .. it was quite frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I've had trouble on every cruise lately. I bought a 7 bottle package so they need to show up. I told the wine steward on the last cruise that I didn't want my glass empty until I let him know. He ignored that in favor of making origami animals. I filled the comment card out and after that no problems. I was in the penthouse on that cruise so that was likely why. I'm anxious to see if that will happen for my pocket sized balcony room.

Dinner was good tonight. I had very enjoyable table mates. They were all Canadians. I had a nice cod lobster cake, Caesar salad and pot roast. The wine steward came around fairly often and I told hime I wanted a refill every time. Line up for dinner was really long and that was at 5:30.

I've been cut down to one pillow chocolate from 2. I guess my room stewards got a look at my butt and thought you so don't need two chocolates ;).

Looking forward to Saguenay tomorrow. The people are so nice there.

Water is smooth as silk right now.

[quote name='lorekauf']You taught this grasshopper well:D except for my suitcase weighing 50.8. Old habits die hard. I'm hoping to shop. My carry on weighed 22 lbs so right on the money.[/quote]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We have gone to carrying a portable scale to make sure we don't over pack and get stuck with over-weight fees. We usually keep the weight of our check-in luggage at 49 lbs. That leaves room for differences of the scales at the airport.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Looks like you are having fun on this cruise. We will keep reading your postings.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Rick & Joyce[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lorekauf']I've been cut down to one pillow chocolate from 2. I guess my room stewards got a look at my butt and thought you so don't need two chocolates ;).[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]You're kidding. About cutting you back to one [COLOR=sienna]chocolate[/COLOR], that is; not about .... :eek: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Here's the deal: if you have to pay two fares, you are entitled to two pillow [COLOR=sienna]chocolates[/COLOR]. End of story. :mad: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Have a nice day tomorrow. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lorekauf']Dinner was good tonight. I had very enjoyable table mates. They were all Canadians. I had a nice cod lobster cake, Caesar salad and pot roast. The wine steward came around fairly often and I told hime I wanted a refill every time. Line up for dinner was really long and that was at 5:30.

I've been cut down to one pillow chocolate from 2. I guess my room stewards got a look at my butt and thought you so don't need two chocolates ;).

Looking forward to Saguenay tomorrow. The people are so nice there.

Water is smooth as silk right now.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like things are going quite smoothly for you now :D Awesome. It's Thanksgiving (Canadian) so there might be some nice displays tonight in the MDR:)

Oh dear, one pillow chocolate - will you survive;)

Archived