Diamond Drinks Trial?

Oh ok ....I was reading it differently....So no vouchers in the DL lounges... but if you want to visit other venues during DL cocktail hours you can and have 3 drinks outside the DL.

Well this seems great...but it is a slippery slope for other more restrictive changes.

How so?? How would this be a "slippery slope" for other more restrictive changes?? Seems just the opposite in this particular instance......:confused:

I hope it goes fleet wide

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Me too. We really enjoyed it on X. I hope it will be rolled out on Serenade in March, as the friends we are cruising with are not eligible for D perks.

Thanks for the clarification.

Now I'm wondering if they will let the drink vouchers accumulate. If one uses only 2 drink vouchers one day, would they have 4 to use the next day.

On Eclipse, we received paper vouchers that were dated.

I think this is a great idea! Much better than being stuffed into a crowded room hoping someone will get up to leave so you can sit down. I wish they were doing this on our TA this weekend.

Sherri:)

I'm wondering if the DL will even serve drinks? I'm reading this as, if you would like to get a drink and bring it to the DL you could and sit with like minded people as someone posted.:confused: I think it could be set up like on my Brilliance cruise where the CL was open but only for 'quiet time' and coffee. Never were any drinks or evening munchies served in there.

How did celebrity do it on the TA's?? Was that lounge still serving drinks and doing vouchers??

I sent my good friend Adam G an email early this morning telling him I thought this was a good idea and hope that it rolls out fleet wide and he already replied. I'm SURE that it was really him:rolleyes::p

Thanks Ellen. We'll see what we can do.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

(305) 539 6082

I sent my good friend Adam G an email early this morning telling him I thought this was a good idea and hope that it rolls out fleet wide and he already replied. I'm SURE that it was really him:rolleyes::p

Thanks Ellen. We'll see what we can do.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

(305) 539 6082

Impressive!:)

On Eclipse last spring, we were given vouchers each night. We really liked the idea and found it more convenient. If Royal is testing such a plan, I hope it is so well received that they roll out the plan fleetwide. I wish it could be in time for our upcoming December cruise on Independence, but Royal seldom acts that fast.

We're on independence it December and wonder if they will do it then. When is your transatlantic?

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

If they're doing what Celebrity does it will only be on Transatlantics and repositioning cruises i.e those which have a high number of Diamonds/Elites onboard.

I doubt very much whether it will be on Independence in December, they don't do it as a matter of course on Celebrity and it does say that this is a pilot test not that they're rolling it out.

Doing TA on Navigator OTS 10 November. Anyone know if it is happening here also?

If they follow the same pattern as Celebrity they were informing people of the voucher system about a week before sailing. Fingers crossed for you.

Just returned from Oasis on September 21'st. My wife and I were in the CL and our table mates were in there as well and called us over. The bar staff quickly came over and offered my wife and my self a drink. I ordered another round for our table mates only to be told it was too soon for our table mates to have another one. I have never seen anyone refused a drink and asked why. The explanation we were given was it was their new policy to limit the drinks to one per hour due to some issues with people not being able to handle their alcohol. That makes me think we will all have a three drink limit and that's the reason for the three vouchers. I like the voucher idea due to the overcrowding but come on its hard to nurse a beer for an hour. We leave Sunday for the TA on Liberty from Barcelona and it will be interesting to see if they enforce the three drink limit or use vouchers.

Just returned from Oasis on September 21'st. My wife and I were in the CL and our table mates were in there as well and called us over. The bar staff quickly came over and offered my wife and my self a drink. I ordered another round for our table mates only to be told it was too soon for our table mates to have another one. I have never seen anyone refused a drink and asked why. The explanation we were given was it was their new policy to limit the drinks to one per hour due to some issues with people not being able to handle their alcohol. That makes me think we will all have a three drink limit and that's the reason for the three vouchers. I like the voucher idea due to the overcrowding but come on its hard to nurse a beer for an hour. We leave Sunday for the TA on Liberty from Barcelona and it will be interesting to see if they enforce the three drink limit or use vouchers.

Interesting. We had just about the opposite on the Allure last month. There was a table next to us in the CL that ordered 2 drinks (each) at a time. Apparently they must have thought the service was not fast enough for them. I had never seen that before.

Edit- I could see 1 drink every half hour (whomever is going to time everybody) but 1 an hour!!! That seems excessive. Or stringent, trying to find the right word. :)

Edited by molly361

Is the Diamond Lounge the same as the Concierge Lounge ?

On all ships they serve the same drinks. On Oasis class you can order breakfast and lunch from a menu or continental breakfast. On other ships there is only continental breakfast served in both lounges.

The Diamond Lounge is for D, D+ and PC members. The Concierge Lounge is for those in GS or higher and D+ and PC members. They affer the same goodies. Locations (inside/windows) will vary by ship. The CL on Oasis and Allure (decks 11 and 12) have an awesome view of the Aqua Theater and wake of the ship. The DL on Oasis/Allure on Deck 6 overlooks the Promenade.

In addition to the differences Ellen mentioned above, there are different guests participating in each lounge:

Concierge Lounge: Full suite guests, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A members.

Diamond Lounge: Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle C&A members.

If they are to serve DRINKS as well as the other amenities in the DL they will have to set up a till terminal to swipe the sea pass cards as there is no facility at the moment.;) we will find out in just over a weeks time:)

I did not get the impression that drinks in the DL (or CL) would be limited, or counted against the vouchers. It seemed like the vouchers would only be for drinks outside of the DL/CL.

Edited by clarea

I did not get the impression that drinks in the DL (or CL) would be limited, or counted against the vouchers. It seemed like the vouchers would only be for drinks outside of the DL/CL.

Be happy if they are:) but I very much doubt it seeing how much is consumed on the TA's:(, think this is a way for them to reduce overall consumption.

Edited by 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere