Excite the Senses recipe book

maladigiz

Has anybody recently purchased the cookbook "Excite the Senses" while on board a Celebrity ship. I'm wondering how much it costs to purchase on board?

Thanks,

My sister bought it for me while we were onboard Silhouette last year. I think she paid about $50 for it. She surprised me with it for my birthday and while onboard, she had each chef for all the different restaurants sign it.

My sister bought it for me while we were onboard Silhouette last year. I think she paid about $50 for it. She surprised me with it for my birthday and while onboard, she had each chef for all the different restaurants sign it.

Last month on Solstice, they sold it for $29.99 and they were shipping it to your house too.

Last month on Solstice, they sold it for $29.99 and they were shipping it to your house too.

To Canada too? I wish I had read the promo more carefully. Way too heavy to lug onto a plane. Maybe it'll be $9.99 by the time I board the Century in June :)

My DD bought me one on the Eclipse in June and I put it in my checked luggage. As we were gone 7 weeks with 2 cruises and stays in Rome & Paris I was pretty proud of my clothes/weight shuffling with my carryon that allowed my checked bag to still be under 50 lbs with the book! I love the recipes! It's signed by Exec Chef Lee Goble.

They'll probably give them out as gifts and prizes soon. By the time they sell out all of the menus will have been changed and the people pictured will have retired.

The cookbook was $29.99 on the Century last month. When I saw that price my thoughts were similar to that of Orator.

Many requested that Celebrity do a cookbook and to their credit Celebrity responded. However, I believe they took the wrong approach (hindsight is 20-20). The book is too heavy and the binding breaks quite easily. Thought it would have been better to place the recipes on disc and create a series of shorter photo books based on a variety of subjects. Would that have worked better? We'll never know. But I do appreciate their effort in responding to their customers.

They'll probably give them out as gifts and prizes soon. By the time they sell out all of the menus will have been changed and the people pictured will have retired.

Hmmm... do you think they'll be coming out with a new edition (or totally new cookbook) anytime soon?

To Canada too? I wish I had read the promo more carefully. Way too heavy to lug onto a plane. Maybe it'll be $9.99 by the time I board the Century in June :)

No...we fell for that in May...ended up costing us $39.99 for shipping, in addition to the $9.99 they had already charged (and never refunded), plus the cost of the book. beautiful book, but none of my favorite dishes are in it. DH bought it as a surprise...

Hmmm... do you think they'll be coming out with a new edition (or totally new cookbook) anytime soon?

Hi Wwcruisers,

I agree with Orator, and would seriously doubt another edition. While I think the book is beautiful, it's too bulky for most guests to carry home, especially if flying, with all the weight restrictions.

The good news (or not so good news) is that it's still available on Celebrity's website (and this is the not so good news) for $59.95 plus shipping ! http://www.shopcelebritycruises.com/lifestyle.asp

My understanding is, the book was a passion of a former Head Chef of Celebrity, and that's one of the reasons why I'm doubtful we will see another edition. I also agree that it was a fine effort by Celebrity to try this, but a DVD/PC version would have been a much better idea, IMO.

Hi Wwcruisers,

I agree with Orator, and would seriously doubt another edition. While I think the book is beautiful, it's too bulky for most guests to carry home, especially if flying, with all the weight restrictions.

The good news (or not so good news) is that it's still available on Celebrity's website (and this is the not so good news) for $59.95 plus shipping ! http://www.shopcelebritycruises.com/lifestyle.asp

My understanding is, the book was a passion of a former Head Chef of Celebrity, and that's one of the reasons why I'm doubtful we will see another edition. I also agree that it was a fine effort by Celebrity to try this, but a DVD/PC version would have been a much better idea, IMO.

They cant run a website, I doubt they will be innovative enough to come up with a modern format. More likely to be on 3.5" disc. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
The book is $29.95 on the infinity right now...seems they dropped the price.

Hi ghstudio,

Nice meeting you on Infinity TA. Your quote is the same I paid earlier this year on Reflection...plus $10 for shipping to my U.S. home. It will be given as a Christmas gift.

Is shipping included now?

Happy sails!:)

Yes, they had also dropped the price to $29.95 on Equinox a couple of weeks ago.

Probably due to fact that the ships' dinner menu's are now different to those featured in the book, as are the culinary team who were photographed. Maybe it's also possible that Celebrity also want to be rid of them now (as the books really weren't selling) - imagine transporting hundreds of those weighty books back & forth on each sailing !). And perhaps they will bring out a new one ....... featuring the current menus & chefs !! :p