Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

It didn't happen... this morning checked Celebrity account no change in balance and at bank it is still pending I am waiting to see if the "pending stage" drops off and becomes a non transaction or becomes an actual charge.

When the "pending" changes to a posted status, it will show on your reservation.

True if it changes to posted.. however yesterday when I was talking with Celebrity rep...he said that most likely that the charge will not post.

I wouldn't trust a celebrity rep on the phone.

You need something in writing or online that says you paid and they acknowledged your payment....so keep after them until they fix the problem.

You just never know who looks at the web site and makes a decision based on bad information...like moving someone else to your cabin because since you haven't paid (per the web site), the cabin must be vacant. I don't think this could happen, but you don't want to take that chance.

Why not?? If I paid money to them and it didn't get posted, I'd ask why?

Carole because I had never seen this happen before.. and because the Celebrity website has a life of its own..I called to confirm receipt of payment by Celebrity... I was told by the rep it has been happening occasionally and that most likely the monies pending would be deposited back into the originating account... He went on to say he would be glad to process a payment right now if I so desired... (I wasn't about to make a double payment, just in case the first payment does post) .....:eek:

I guess that is the scary part for me... not knowing if and when a payment made through the website will actually get posted.. thank goodness it isn't FINAL PAYMENT TIME.

It didn't happen... this morning checked Celebrity account no change in balance and at bank it is still pending I am waiting to see if the "pending stage" drops off and becomes a non transaction or becomes an actual charge.

My payment didn't go through for 4 days...maybe give it a day or two???????

REALLY??? Wow!!

I have had payments pending for up to 6 days from other websites and when using my debit card before. Give it a few days, especially if it is a large sum. They go through verification processes, etc on both sides.

Debbie

I tried to make a payment for an upcoming cruise today on line.... the balance online didn't change...I called Celebrity they say it didn't receive the payment..my bank however is showing a pending payment....:eek:

Just wanted to update my original post....According to my banks website the pending payment reverted to a no transaction and was re-deposited into my account... So although Celebrity may have initiated the authorization something happened on their end to let it drop off.. If this would have been final payment I would have been worried that this could have caused my cruise to be canceled....lesson learned!!..I will make all future payments via telephone until I am 100% sure the website has been fixed...

Just wanted to update my original post....According to my banks website the pending payment reverted to a no transaction and was re-deposited into my account... So although Celebrity may have initiated the authorization something happened on their end to let it drop off.. If this would have been final payment I would have been worried that this could have caused my cruise to be canceled....lesson learned!!..I will make all future payments via telephone until I am 100% sure the website has been fixed...

I always make final payments by phone, and I don't hang up until I get e-mailed an updated copy of my booking summary showing my zero balance. Although I do almost everything on line, for some reason I've never trusted the system when it comes to paying for a cruise.

I always make final payments by phone, and I don't hang up until I get e-mailed an updated copy of my booking summary showing my zero balance. Although I do almost everything on line, for some reason I've never trusted the system when it comes to paying for a cruise.

Probably a wise move given it's capabilities.:D

Whenever I pay online and the payment goes through, it updates immediately.

I look at our account to see the zero remaining balance due before logging off, so there is no doubt as to whether or not the final payment was recorded.

If that doesn't happen, then I know it didn't go through.

In addition, it generates an updated invoice that is waiting for me when I check my email.

I am not at all worried about the possibility of overpaying because if that happens, they just credit the excess amount right back to your credit card.

problem but......if you used to doing everything yourself, it gets very frustrating the more you try and the more you unable to manage your reservation. I called the IT website help line today and I was told that they (including the supervisor) could do NOTHING but in a RUSH work order for the real IT people who the were the only could make changes. PS. My TA had put in work orders for the past four weeks.

I glad that I found this thread to vent and find out that what they have been telling me that the problem was systemic were true.

I finally gave in today and booked my excursions and restaurant reservations by phone. I leave in 12 days for a B2B from Ft Lauderdale to Buenos Aires.

I glad that I found this thread to vent and find out that what they have been telling me that the problem was systemic were true.

I finally gave in today and booked my excursions and restaurant reservations by phone. I leave in 12 days for a B2B from Ft Lauderdale to Buenos Aires.

Glad you are all set for your cruise have a great time .. hopefully in time they will have all the "bugs" worked out so those of us that like to handle their own bookings can do so on all levels! :D

Luckily I got final payment in over the phone three weeks ago and have emailed docs to prove our zero balance. I guess we can book excursion via phone too (only one which can only be booked through the cruise ship otherwise I usually book privately). However we are 55 days from sailing and since I've been locked out of internet access for about a month already not sure about checking in via phone. My first time on Celebrity but from my previous cruise experience there is a lot of info needed such as passport numbers/exp dates, credit card #s for charges, flight info, etc. I am not comfortable giving all that info over the phone...hope they get this issue fixed soon. Part of the fun is checking in every now and then too see all the fun I have paid for that I am anxiously awaiting and to make sure everything is indeed in order.

Well, I was just trying to look up a couple things on Celebrity.com in order to post a link in answer to a question on another thread.

But what I found was an unreadable mess! Pages that were working fine last week now won't display properly at all. Some pages will work on one browser but not another, and on others the reverse is true.

What ever happened to all of the positive comments posted in the "Q&A with Tine Alexander" threads here on Cruise Critic last spring?

I can't believe Celebrity is letting this web site mess go on month after month and year after year. It has to be costing them a fortune in lost business!