Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Linda,

Sorry it didnt help. I thought it might be worth a try. I'm using IE9, and I was able to view my bookings, and look at shore excursions and beverage packages for a Century sailing in February 2014.[/QUOTE]

Did you check the numbers on your expenses? I have been able to view my reservation and book shore excursions for almost two weeks, but it still shows an extra $14 in gratuities and does not include the transfers we purchased in the payment breakdown even though the transfers are noted on the Transport page.

The result is negative $110 balance on the Reservation page and a positive $110 on the Payment Details page. If the numbers were correctly added, the negative balance would be correct. I have called the regular Celebrity line and Captain's Club. Both show the correct information in their data base and say not to worry. I had already paid off the balance and printed out the Express Pass before the website was "upgraded." I do worry that my account will be flagged as not fully paid when final payment is due next month. Our cruise is almost completely sold out, and I would hate to lose our Sweet Sixteen balcony due to computer error.:eek:

I'm considering calling the IT number listed on the Celebrity contact page shortly before final payment is due if the numbers are not corrected.

I have just spent the past half hour (and still holding) speaking with DeeDee. She has tried to be very helpful. So some at Celebrity are OK. Every department she has called has told her the same thing - nothing we can do. Send it to IT who are trying to resolve or something. What a runaround. It for some reason acts like I am logged in and yet I am not (anywhere). And besides it kicks you out after a short time so that should not be an issue.

Even so if you can log in my reservation says try back later. My fatherinlaws seems to be somewhat OK. Both under my account. Edited by stefe

I would like to correct myself

I can get into my reservation and see everything : as bofore I only had "Invalid Loyalty Number"

But when i go to make a payment :
[B]Your application has generated an error[/B]

[B]Please fix the issue before it has been released to production.[/B]

hmmmmmmmmmmm

That is under Firefox

Under IE everything works fine.

Made payment, thumbs up

So Jim might not have been wrong after all :) Edited by Doudounka

[quote name='MicCanberra']Some people are just plain lucky I suppose.:D[/QUOTE]
I guess I am, got to love computer luck ;-)

And Linda, sorry if you thought I was saying you and others were "making up the issues" that wasn't my intention, I was just trying to give an option that might help. I wish you some of my computer luck and many happy cruises.

Debbie

Ok, for those having trouble looking at excursions or doing anything else, here's what to do.

Sign in and then click on the blue "Manage Reservation" button to bring up the drop down menu and click on View Reservation. When you get to the next screen you'll see the "word balloons" showing My Cruise Summary, Shore & Land Excursions, etc. To make those work and give you the opportunity to view them, use the right click button on your mouse and then open them in a new tab, [U]not[/U] a new window. You'll need to use the right click to order (i.e. specialty dining) as well on the blue tabs. Open in a new tab, etc.

For the excursions, allow the little drop down pane to show and right click on any of the links and open in new tab again. The you can just click on the "all" option to view everything as normal.

That [B]should [/B]work. :)

[quote name='Kevin T Brown']Ok, for those having trouble looking at excursions or doing anything else, here's what to do.

Sign in and then click on the blue "Manage Reservation" button to bring up the drop down menu and click on View Reservation. When you get to the next screen you'll see the "word balloons" showing My Cruise Summary, Shore & Land Excursions, etc. To make those work and give you the opportunity to view them, use the right click button on your mouse and then open them in a new tab, [U]not[/U] a new window. You'll need to use the right click to order (i.e. specialty dining) as well on the blue tabs. Open in a new tab, etc.

For the excursions, allow the little drop down pane to show and right click on any of the links and open in new tab again. The you can just click on the "all" option to view everything as normal.

That [B]should [/B]work. :)[/quote]
Thanks, Here's hoping.:D

[quote name='helen haywood']I tried that. It did not work for me. Alas.[/QUOTE]

Did not work for me either. All I get is :

[COLOR="Red"][B]We are unable to handle your request due to system maintenance. Please try again later[/B].[/COLOR]
and
[COLOR="Red"]Bk Mtrx - Changing tours is not allowed[/COLOR]

I have tried for 24 hours + and getting rather fed up not being able to access the booking. This website can drive anyone mad!!

I've tried to make my final payment online at least six times on Monday, Tuesday and on wednesday I tried at least three times. After all my numerous attempts to make my payments, I called my ta and paid over the phone. My ta said the problem was with celebrity web site. They received error codes when trying to link up to celebrity site. After making final payment I decided it was time to look at booking my spa appointments and shore excursions. Tried more then several times on Wednesday and Thursday and yet again this morning. Tried logging into my Celebrity account and would receive error messages like, your reservation is being modified and in valid loyalty number. Cannot even view my reservation or purchase any extras. I've tried to look at shore excursions without logging into my account to no avail. Before logging onto celebrity's website I make sure to reset Safari. Because Celebrity's tech team said that if I did this, their web site would work. I called 1-800-722-5941 Celebrity's shore excursion line and spoke with a very nice customer service agent who emailed me their shore excursion brochure. Unfortunately the file they sent me was damaged and could not be opened. I called them again and spoke with the same agent, she sent the email again. The file was still damaged. I give up!!!!

Just got off the phone with my ta, who noticed that my account had an invalid loyalty number. She then asked me for my captains club number and celebrity mixed my number up with my husbands. After a short hold time she fixed the entire problem. My captains club number is now correct. Now I can view my reservation. I'm also able to look at shore excursions, spa appointments and everything else. I'm so thankful for my ta.

When it comes to the Celebrity web site X is full of HOT AIR:mad: . They really STINK with things connected to the internet .:mad:

How awful do these problems smack all the hard work of their loyal crews who work so hard to serve & please & keep X in profits:eek: . Just disgusting business practice & behavior:mad:

[quote name='resstation']All the people who whine and complain that cruising isn't what it used to be should be happy. Now they can use the phone and call for every little thing they need just like the old days.[/QUOTE]

That would be fine if that worked. I called because I couldn't sign up for the Meet & Mingle. No offer to sign us up. Hopefully I can sign up on the ship.

That would be fine if that worked. I called because I couldn't sign up for the Meet & Mingle. No offer to sign us up. Hopefully I can sign up on the ship.

I have emailed Captains Club twice and asked them to sign us up for M&M...their reply was to tell me to do it online...WHAT A JOKE? Sent them a copy of the booked website error I keep getting. No answer back. Ready to blow the whole thing off....show up and without invitation.

No help anywhere.

I would like to correct myself

I can get into my reservation and see everything : as bofore I only had "Invalid Loyalty Number"

But when i go to make a payment :

Your application has generated an error

Please fix the issue before it has been released to production.

Sporadically I also get such messages that are obviously intended for the programmers, not for the users. :D

Instead of replacing that dreadfully designed system entirely with a new one, they just keep on patching and patching it. Whenever they try to fix something, it messes up something else.

It sounds like compared to many here, we aren't having as many problems. But we cannot book shore excursions online (we can see them, just cannot book them). This message always pops up:

Payment Required

In order to make a reservation for this product, please pay the deposit fee for your cruise

Our payments are up to date, and obviously we have made the deposit or we wouldn't have the booked reservation. :rolleyes: For the last several weeks we've had to call shore excursions each time we want to book an excursion. I'm just glad our cruise isn't until next summer, I feel bad for those of you with worse problems and a cruise coming up soon.

I've been trying for a couple of weeks, off and on, to look through Celebrity's 2014 cruises for something interesting to book. I can't get past the "book a cruise" or "find a cruise" tabs. The web site either comes up with a blank page or shows me the Thanksgiving promotion (but of course the "find a cruise" tab doesn't work on that page either). I'm using an iMac and an iPad, same results on both. Does time of day matter? Any other ideas?

Are the cruise gods telling me to try Princess instead?

I have emailed Captains Club twice and asked them to sign us up for M&M...their reply was to tell me to do it online...WHAT A JOKE? Sent them a copy of the booked website error I keep getting. No answer back. Ready to blow the whole thing off....show up and without invitation.

No help anywhere.

I'm having the same problem. Will we be able to find out where & when the Meet & Mingle is?

Now I am unable to login to My Celebrity to view my reservations. Was able to do so earlier this week. Sheesh! This is getting impossible.

Are the software engineers changing code in the application environment instead of their development environment? That is not the way that you do software engineering. Come on, they obviously need some configuration management.

Now I am unable to login to My Celebrity to view my reservations. Was able to do so earlier this week. Sheesh! This is getting impossible.

Are the software engineers changing code in the application environment instead of their development environment? That is not the way that you do software engineering. Come on, they obviously need some configuration management.

Captain's Club said it was the "My Celebrity" portal that was broke. I just did 2 On Line check ins that went smoothly. Select "Already booked" - pick online check in - then put in res # etc. When the next page comes up, right under the Celebrity logo, there is another tab "My Reservation". If you click on that, you can get into shore excursions, etc. This is a work-around that Captains Club told me to use until they get My Celebrity fixed. Hope this helps as it worked for me.