Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

I had an interesting conversation with Celebrity this afternoon. This was my third call in six weeks concerning what is appearing on "My Celebrity, My Reservation." We had paid off our account before the website upgrade, but with the website change they added $14 to the gratuity total and left off our transfer to Santiago bringing our total to -$110.00 on the "Cruise Summary" page, but the payment detail page adds the same numbers incorrectly to equal $110 due on final payment day of December 17. Each time I call, I am assured that the correct information is $0 due/paid in full. I keep checking and hoping I will find the info corrected. I had done the on-line check-in and printed out our Express passes before the website upgrade. With so few rooms available, I fear that my reservation will be cancelled because the website thinks I owe money. I was assured that is not possible, but I had a friend who had the same problem and could not print out docs until it was corrected. I told the customer service person that a website that could not correctly add did not inspire my confidence that things would work out as expected and sweetly asked if there was any way it could be corrected. He said he would put in a request to IT and would call me back when it was corrected. I expressed concern that others probably have the same issue, and IT needs to be made aware and correct system wide. Fingers crossed the problem can be fixed before time to print E-docs and luggage tags.

That is terrible, I do hope for your sake it all works out okay.:D

For a company that leads the industry in ship design and innovation along with a very good on board product RCCL fails miserably when it comes to their websites.

Agreed!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

<<We are unable to handle your request due to system maintenance. Please try again later.>>

Was hoping this issue would have been solved, but no luck for me still....

No way to online check-in, booking of beverages and tours etc...

That is terribly annoying! :mad:

Hi there all,

I seem to be able to do everything for an upcoming cruise - all bookings etc except for classic & premium drinks packages (though other package links seem to be OK) -so this is odd.

I thought though that I should - amongst what is understandable frustrations about Celebrity website and communication issues - give a positive mention that when I emailed the beverage package celebrity email about this I had a reply within a few hours, a very polite apologetic one about continued website upgrade. She was honest that they didn't know when it would be working properly again and gave me two options - phoning and emailing - to book the drinks packages I wanted to. So thanks to at least one person in the Celebrity communications group.

also not working for me regarding buying excursions... worked last week. was able to complete online check in but xpress pass "not ready" for cruise that leaves in 47 days - ready for cruise that leaves in 54 days... no e-docs for either cruise... a bit frustrating!

I cannot do anything with my reservations that are leaving in 41 days. Want to get the online check-in, etc. done so I can concentrate on Christmas. This is what I get if I try to do anything pertaining to "Manage Reservation"

We are unable to handle your request due to system maintenance. Please try again later.

And

Valparaiso - Buenos Aires

Celebrity Infinity

Bk Mtrx - Changing tours is not allowed (I am not trying to change anything...)

Hi there all,

I seem to be able to do everything for an upcoming cruise - all bookings etc except for classic & premium drinks packages (though other package links seem to be OK) -so this is odd.

I thought though that I should - amongst what is understandable frustrations about Celebrity website and communication issues - give a positive mention that when I emailed the beverage package celebrity email about this I had a reply within a few hours, a very polite apologetic one about continued website upgrade. She was honest that they didn't know when it would be working properly again and gave me two options - phoning and emailing - to book the drinks packages I wanted to. So thanks to at least one person in the Celebrity communications group.

We have exactly the same problem but when emailing to get it done we just got an automatic reply and then nothing have happened for 5 days so I guess the phone is the best option.

/Magnus

We have exactly the same problem but when emailing to get it done we just got an automatic reply and then nothing have happened for 5 days so I guess the phone is the best option.

/Magnus

Yes, in my opinion, phone is the best options, with any big companies. never know where your e-mail might end up...and with big companies, e-mails tend to end up in folder 13

Day 3 of not being able to access our (ours and my parents) reservations. Tried IE and my husband's laptop too, just in case. Still get a message about "Maintenance" and "please try again later". Frustrating! Lots of to do lists with Christmas coming. Online check-in, printing docs and ordering luggage tags were supposed to be crossed off.......

Sorry to vent, but feeling a little annoyed : ) Okay, maybe a lot annoyed ; )

Day 3 of not being able to access our (ours and my parents) reservations. Tried IE and my husband's laptop too, just in case. Still get a message about "Maintenance" and "please try again later". Frustrating! Lots of to do lists with Christmas coming. Online check-in, printing docs and ordering luggage tags were supposed to be crossed off.......

Sorry to vent, but feeling a little annoyed : ) Okay, maybe a lot annoyed ; )

For IE, clear the cache and cookies and that might help.

For months now, I have not been able to get 'My Celebrity' to work. I can't book anything at all! I can see dining and excursion options but am not able to add these to my reservation. I'm so frustrated

I phoned Celebrity UK today and was told they couldn't help me because it was a group booking. I don't know what this means but apparently they cannot access my reservation.

Our cruise is in March 2014. It is our honeymoon so we want to plan and book things to mark this special occasion. It's all becoming sooo tedious and hard work planning this cruise, my wedding has been a walk in the park to organize compared to understanding and sorting out all the arrangements for these Celebrity cruises!

I've tried....

Chrome and Internet explorer on my PC

Chrome and Safari on Ipad

Even downloaded Ipad app which is awful!

Edited by kfowinst

For months now, I have not been able to get 'My Celebrity' to work. I can't book anything at all! I can see dining and excursion options but am not able to add these to my reservation. I'm so frustrated

I phoned Celebrity UK today and was told they couldn't help me because it was a group booking. I don't know what this means but apparently they cannot access my reservation.

Our cruise is in March 2014. It is our honeymoon so we want to plan and book things to mark this special occasion. It's all becoming sooo tedious and hard work planning this cruise, my wedding has been a walk in the park to organize compared to understanding and sorting out all the arrangements for these Celebrity cruises!

I've tried....

Chrome and Internet explorer on my PC

Chrome and Safari on Ipad

Even downloaded Ipad app which is awful!

Frustrating isn't it?? I posted a thread after getting help from the Celebrity UK technical department and it works fine for me. I have now managed to book an excursion and access everything that I used to be able to several months ago. See this thread (ignore the mention of Ben Fogle on the home page, that has since changed). But I can still access my reservation this way. The secret seems to be not to log in to My Celebrity.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1949604

Good Luck.

Edited: Forgot to add that I still get a big red note that I cannot modify my account on line - but I can!

Edited by laslomas

Is it true that you can't make payments on-line if you originally booked direct with a Celebrity rep ?

On Monday I decided to pay off a chunk of my Connie cruise. I had booked it direct with a Celebrity rep.

I went on-line and deposited $600. After pressing enter ,I was bounced out of the "Make a Payment' page.

There was no indication I had made a payment.

Worse yet, when I examined my booking, the total of taxes and fees had gone up my over $300.

WTH ?

I went to the on-line site for my credit-card and sure enough, there was a $600 hold from Celebrity.

I called Celebrity and after being on hold for 15 minutes I finally got to explain the situation.

I was told, "Well you're not supposed to pay on-line if you booked with a customer rep.

WTH ?

He said "Don't worry , the charge will drop off by itself". I asked does that mean you are taking it off.

He said no, it would fall off by itself eventually. :mad:

Not getting this issue resolved, I moved on to the other. "What about the $300+ increase in the taxes and fees ", I asked.

He put me on hold for 10 minutes and finally came back saying I had caused the problem by trying the pay on-line. :mad:

He fixed that issue. Hurray. He told me the system shouldn't have let me try to pay on-line if I hadn't originally booked on-line.

Really ?

Really ?

I called the credit card people and they said the charge will drop off within 4 days if the merchant (Celebrity) doesn't proceed.

So now I am waiting till Friday to see if it does.

Yuck!!

I just spoke to someone at Celebrity customer service after being unable to access my reservation for 7 weeks. When I called in the past I was only told they are working on it and be patient. Today the woman took my reservation number and said that the IT department was having to "fix" reservations one at a time for now until the issue was resolved.

If you are having a problem I would suggest you call Celebrity and have your individual reservation fixed.

I received an e-mail from Celebrity saying my guest vacation documents were ready. It included this link; http://www.celebritycruises.com/onlinecheckin

I was able to complete online check-in that way. Apparently as mentioned above, logging into My Celebrity was causing the problem. Glad to finally be checked in!

I can also access shore excursions, etc. Hope this helps!

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onlinecheckin

I received an e-mail from Celebrity saying my guest vacation documents were ready. It included this link; http://www.celebritycruises.com/onlinecheckin

I was able to complete online check-in that way. Apparently as mentioned above, logging into My Celebrity was causing the problem. Glad to finally be checked in!

I can also access shore excursions, etc. Hope this helps!

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onlinecheckin

This has caused problems for several years. It's been a while but there have been times we've not been able to access our reservation, or check in, through "My Celebrity" and had to go straight to the check-in links without logging in. I'm really surprised this is continuing to be an ongoing problem.