Slippers?

t60

I believe "slippers" are available for suite passengers, but what about the rest of us in standard cabins, are they provided or will our steward supply them if we ask?

Sandy in Spain

I believe "slippers" are available for suite passengers, but what about the rest of us in standard cabins, are they provided or will our steward supply them if we ask?

Sandy in Spain

They are in all the cabins I believe along with the bathrobes :D

Slippers are only supplied to Neptune suite passengers. I am not sure if you can get them if you ask for them if you are not in a suite. We did not receive them when we were in cabins other than a suite.

Terri

We got them in an SS. wondering if it depends upon the ship? I don't recall having to ask for them - sorry if my answer led the OP astray.:o

For boards - our slippers were in a cupboard. If I hadn't happened to have looked I wouldn't have seen them

Edited by kazu

Sandy in Spain

We book outside cabins & have never had slippers on HAL..Have never asked for them either..I pack a Pr. of Oceania's slippers which are actually too big for my size 7 feet..;)

Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

We got them in an SS. wondering if it depends upon the ship? I don't recall having to ask for them - sorry if my answer led the OP astray.:o

For boards - our slippers were in a cupboard. If I hadn't happened to have looked I wouldn't have seen them

I've also got them in an SY and a spa cabin as well. I've never got them in a balcony or lower.

We got slippers on our last cruise - but I didn't use them. I always bring my own. DH used them a few times in the cabin but they didn't really fit him.

FYI, they are dollar store type slippers.

Me, too. I wouldn't expect any cruiseline to give away any slippers better than what HAL does, but they are the one-size-fits-all thin slipons that I walk right out of with a good chance of tripping and falling over them. Nice gesture and sounds good, but I bring my Isotoners which fold up in the suitcase, are comfy, and stay on my feet.

The two times we got slippers on HAL we were in a Neptune Suite. They appeared around day 2 in a plastic bag on the end of the bed. I don't wear them for fear of falling, but it's a nice gesture. I think last time we just left them in the bag and gave them back to the Room Steward.

I've spent most of my (cruising) life in inside cabins, with an occasional outside and one balcony cabin. I've never had slippers in any cabin. That's fine with me, as flip flops do double duty both inside the cabin and out.

We have gotten them on almost all our cruises. Steward usually leaves them a pair on each side of the bed when he does turn down service. A few times, he has left them on the floor by the bed the first morning after boarding.

I've also got them in an SY and a spa cabin as well. I've never got them in a balcony or lower.

The slippers we received in a spa cabin (regular veranda-category BQ (I think) ) were much nicer (terry cloth open toed) than those in the Neptune Suite

Edited by SJSULIBRARIAN

Slippers are only supplied to Neptune suite passengers. I am not sure if you can get them if you ask for them if you are not in a suite. We did not receive them when we were in cabins other than a suite.

Terri

We sail in SS cabins and the slippers are provided there as well. I never use them because they come in only two sizes. Too large and too small. I just use a pair of slip on sandals. :)

Just got off a 17-da on the Zaandam and there were no slippers--nor have there been on 9 previous HAL cruises. But then, have not been a Suite passenger. Have not seen them in the shop either. Dollar Store slippers, flip flops, or even a pair of your own, that are ready to be tossed, can be solutions. Having the robes, tho, is much appreciated. Cheers. hmh:)

This is just plain incorrect. I've also never seen them in any shop onboard:confused:.

I just can't imagine anyone paying for them in an onboard shop. :eek: These slippers are truly giveaways that if you saw them in the dollar store you wouldn't buy them. The robes are another story- really nice to have and appreciated, but of course you don't get to keep them like the slippers.

Edited by peaches from georgia

I just can't imagine anyone paying for them in an onboard shop. :eek: These slippers are truly giveaways that if you saw them in the dollar store you wouldn't buy them. The robes are another story- really nice to have and appreciated, but of course you don't get to keep them like the slippers.

Oh course folks won't buy them. Seems that some folks like to post lots on incorrect info and I just don't understand why.