I hope your M-class bathroom doesn't look like this

Turtles06

Jenna: I have moved on and I am having fun and I agree with most of your statements and as someone who owns a lodging establishment (you), I think we could have an interesting comparison discussion over a cocktail (or five ...) but the fact remains that there are major "hardware" problems that aren't being addressed. While discussions get heated because of our numerous points of view, CruiseCritic is about sharing info ....

I think what bothered us the most leaving Summit was realizing that three hours later, some poor couple or family would be stepping into a cabin with a moldy bathroom and no hot water for a shower where management was aware of the problem. It's sort-of hard to have fun in that room! It's an interesting (and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you on this) question: In the establishment that you own, if you had a bathroom as described above (and I'm totally useless as posting pix but have them in my file), how would you deal with it with guests?

I admit, we've never had mold or dirt like in the image, EVER. We have an older place (1884) that is much smaller than most hotels and Inns. It requires CONSTANT upkeep. More than we can probably handle on a regular basis, but that doesnt mean it isn't always clean.

We've dealt with people that have been less than satisifed. For example we have a full house with a bathroom that all of a sudden breaks, that is beyond our capability of repair and the plumber can't come right away,. What do we do? There is nowhere to send the guest so we do whatever we can to make them happy, but sometimes we can't please everyone.

We always have plenty of hot water ;) I hate cold showers.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

This is exactly how our shower looked on the Summit in July. A few of the tiles were also wobbly. I think that it would be wise for Celebrity to redo the bathrooms. The black mildew on the grout in the bathroom was disgusting. I met quite a few people who said the same thing. I left the feedback on my comment card. The gross bathroom was One of the reasons my husband almost didn't let me book another Celebrity cruise. Luckily he said we could give it another shot & we booked a 10 day Equinox cruise for January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This ist not absolutley not aceptable and has nothing to do with how old a ship is- that is plain and easy sloopyness - of the Hotel department along with the Hotel Director- I wont blame it on the stateroom attendant alone. One can get so eaysy rid of that mildew problem. I don´t blame the husband that wont allow to book X again ( well I know he did in the end)- I had a few issues with X- so I try HAL for a change!

This ist not absolutley not aceptable and has nothing to do with how old a ship is- that is plain and easy sloopyness - of the Hotel department along with the Hotel Director- I wont blame it on the stateroom attendant alone. One can get so eaysy rid of that mildew problem. I don´t blame the husband that wont allow to book X again ( well I know he did in the end)- I had a few issues with X- so I try HAL for a change!

I'm considering trying the Noordam after reading this thread and canceling our Infinity reservation. However, not sure if conditions on The Noordam will be any better. Have been searching the Holland America message boards for any mention of mold and neglect but haven't found anything yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had no such problems on the Summit last August, and are looking forward to our cruise on her again next week. This time I talked my sister and her family into come along - I will be very embarrassed if we run into any of the issues that I've been reading about on the boards.

We had no such problems on the Summit last August, and are looking forward to our cruise on her again next week. This time I talked my sister and her family into come along - I will be very embarrassed if we run into any of the issues that I've been reading about on the boards.

Please don't let a cabin issue spoil your cruise. Negatives are subjective.

If anybody sees mold in the bathroom, put a few towels down to cover the tiles.

Towels are plentiful at the pool areas. Leave a note or ask the cabin steward for towels.

Act as if the cabin steward doesn't know about the mold. The cruise is short, make the most of it.

They do the best they can under a long chain of command.

Penny

Edited by PinotBlanc

Towels are plentiful at the pool areas. Leave a note or ask the cabin steward for towels.

Act as if the cabin steward doesn't know about the mold. The cruise is short, make the most of it.

Penny

I disagree with that. While I don't think people should complain about small problems that are easily remedied, to me the condition of this bathroom is clearly unacceptable.

This isn't like going to a friend's house and having an issue with their housekeeping. This is a room that someone paid thousands of dollars to live in for a length of time. I believe that cruisers should be able to expect that their living quarters will be clean and free of mold, and if they are not it needs to be addressed!

Maybe one of the reasons conditions like this exist is because people are reluctant to speak up. I agree that the cabin stewards work extremely hard, but tile in this condition points to a systemic problem, not an issue with an individual room steward.

Edited by Cindy

I disagree with that. While I don't think people should complain about small problems that are easily remedied, to me the condition of this bathroom is clearly unacceptable.

This isn't like going to a friend's house and having an issue with their housekeeping. This is a room that someone paid thousands of dollars to live in for a length of time. I believe that cruisers should be able to expect that their living quarters will be clean and free of mold, and if they are not it needs to be addressed!

Maybe one of the reasons conditions like this exist is because people are reluctant to speak up. I agree that the cabin stewards work extremely hard, but tile in this condition points to a systemic problem, not an issue with an individual room steward.

Totally agree with you. Still waiting to see if Celebrity will get back to this thread and assure us that these problems have been addressed.

I agree, if the problem is truly mold and not just built up staining. Mold is unhealthy, particularly to those with any kind of respiratory issues. If the latter, reporting it is certainly appropriate but I would not expect they could necessarily do anything about it for that particular cruise.

Totally agree with you. Still waiting to see if Celebrity will get back to this thread and assure us that these problems have been addressed.

OMG these post were from at least 9 months ago:rolleyes: Don't you think that if it was not attended to that there would be lots of people complaining!! Who resurrected this 2013 thread?

I was on the Summit in May. It was nice. I did not have bugs or mold. The food in the MDR was excellent. The service was bery good. My only dissappointment was the disorganization in the buffet. The buffet was in thr process of neing reorganized. I did not enjoy it. Simce it was the first week of the new buffet, I would hope by now that the kinks have been itoned put. Relax and enjoy your cruise.

I'm considering trying the Noordam after reading this thread and canceling our Infinity reservation. However, not sure if conditions on The Noordam will be any better. Have been searching the Holland America message boards for any mention of mold and neglect but haven't found anything yet.

I can't speak for all of the staterooms, but my family just got off of the Infinity a week ago. We took up five staterooms (3 veranda and 2 inside) and no problems with dirty or moldy bathrooms. I had the drainage problem in our shower in 7173 (which I guess I should've called guest services about, but it was only minorly annoying), but no one else seemed to have the same problem.

We had a great time on the cruise, so enjoy the Infinity if you keep your reservation!

I can't speak for all of the staterooms, but my family just got off of the Infinity a week ago. We took up five staterooms (3 veranda and 2 inside) and no problems with dirty or moldy bathrooms. I had the drainage problem in our shower in 7173 (which I guess I should've called guest services about, but it was only minorly annoying), but no one else seemed to have the same problem.

We had a great time on the cruise, so enjoy the Infinity if you keep your reservation!

We were on the same cruise and also had a great time. We had two connecting CC cabins on deck 8. There was a slightly unpleasant drain whiff to our bathroom on embarkation which I mentioned to the supervisor who came to unlock the connecting door. I cannot fault the response - the cabin attendant (who had only just been assigned the cabin) deep cleaned the bathroom and the supervisor followed up to inspect! Being very critical, there was a small brown stain/mark on the shower floor: this was removed after the deep clean.

So also would say enjoy the Infinity if you keep your reservation:)

Penny

I was saying "don't act as if it's the cabin steward's neglect".

Better to act surprised at mold and ask the cabin steward for help.

Once you board any ship. Try to keep interactions and the cruise on a positive note.

Obviously Celebrity has read this thread. Even if the problem dates back to 2013.

Penny

Begin improvements by updating your website. Make it easier to use.

Information re the site is on this message board.

Information re my negatives is outlined in a msg responding to Celebrity on the Dec 9 Constellation thread.

Pertinent to this thread, the bathrooms fine on our M-Class cruises. "Modern luxury" no, but that's advertising.

jls

On the ship now. Ship is very clean and well maintained, albeit not new. We are in CS and all is fine. food very good as is entertainment

Enjoy your cruise

Sailing on the Summit Sunday- while she isn't new, we didn't have any problems last August nor do we anticipate any on Sunday. Will report back!

Thank you for posting that all is fine on the Summit this week.

Does the bathroom look new or refurbished?

I'll watch for your review of the cruise. Is it the Bermuda cruise?

Penny

Edited by PinotBlanc

Thank you for posting that all is fine on the Summit this week.

Does the bathroom look new or refurbished?

I'll watch for your review of the cruise. Is it the Bermuda cruise?

Penny

Hi

We are in a CS. While decor isn't new, it is well maintained all over the ship. We are having a great time! We are on the Bermuda cruise. Staff great also!

Will send a detailed review when we arrive home. Spent a great day today at Coco Reef Hotel.