What should we not miss on Inspiration?

rosestar2013

I have thought about doing the Chef's Table but at 150 for the two off us it is too pricy for this trip.

Can totally understand.

Also if you want an intimate experience for 2, like in the steak house, it might not fit your bill...

Am booked on the Inspiration again next month (and maybe will do a B2B.)

Pam

Miss the whole ship , its old and boring.

And CHEAP :D

Leaving for my first 4 day cruise tomorrow on the INSPIRATION, $269 with NO SOLO CRUISE SUPPLEMENT . . . can't beat that. These Fantasy Class ships are the ones that put Carnival on the map. Going to enjoy this old work horse of the Carnival fleet.:)

Edited by glrounds

SoCalKJ... what kind of 2.0 stuff are you expecting to see?

As far as I know, there are no plans to add things like Guy's Burger Joint, The Red Frog Rum Bar, The BlueIguana Cantina, EA Sports Bar, etc. to any of the Fantasy-class ships any time soon.

It's possible that you may see Hasbro The Game Show and a DJ trained by DJ IRIE... but I would not hold your breath for much more than that.

I believe you are correct.I've tried calling carnival to get updates on the drydock and they have only added hasbro game along with routine drydock stuff :/ I wish they would have added the 2.0 upgrades but I dont think they had the space.

Am very tempted to go on this great no supplement deal..always a considerable flying expense for me... however... and do want some different experiences I see coming with family etc...and some Florida exits...but it is much more taxing to go there.

I might kidnap my widowed dad after the 1 1/ 2 year mark for a 4 day one from there when I visit him in Arizona...and help him get ready to pack that up..last year of those visits without mom..the rental space alone from these snowbird schedules may help us plan different exits..I really can't over-emphasize the personal attention that increases per "downsize" of the ship and the food is just often a bit better IMHO..less folks is more attention!! Bon Voyage..loved my Paradise cruise out of there..seems like yesterday in a way!!

Edited by sjn911

I've only been on 2 classes of ships with Carnival. Fantasy class (Ecstacy, Paradise, Inspiration) and the Miracle. I have to say, I prefer the layout of the Fantasy class so far, over whatever class the Miracle was!

I like the layout of the old ships. I like the Serenity deck in the aft of 9, even if I have to walk thru where they have the comedy club to get there, or walk down a flight of stairs!! I love sitting in the front of the ship using one of those "secret doors" and taking a book and just relaxing, because few know about that deck.

Know that the Fantasy class will be a smaller ship, but know that you will have a lot of fun on her, and you will be able to relax and be waited on!!

I don't think its old and boring, it looks very new still, Carnival does a good job of keeping its ships very nice.

There are different ships for different tastes and styles, its up to you to pick out and enjoy your cruise as you see fit, not for someone else to dictate to you about what it is or isn't.

I just think maybe the other poster just used a poor choice of words, and i'l take it as such. For me, as long as I'm on a fun ship, I'm happy and relaxed.

Well, make sure YOU leave it as you found it, because we're boarding on Monday after you get off. If you find anything new & exciting, I guess I won't hear about it unless you post here during your cruise :D hint... hint... ;)

I can't guarantee that! LOL! Tell me what cabin you're in and maybe I'll sneak in and hide out until YOUR sail away!! I'm not even there yet and I don't wanna get off!!

And CHEAP :D

Leaving for my first 4 day cruise tomorrow on the INSPIRATION, $269 with NO SOLO CRUISE SUPPLEMENT . . . can't beat that. These Fantasy Class ships are the ones that put Carnival on the map. Going to enjoy this old work horse of the Carnival fleet.:)

How did you manage no single supplement?

• 2 weeks later...
I've only been on 2 classes of ships with Carnival. Fantasy class (Ecstacy, Paradise, Inspiration) and the Miracle. I have to say, I prefer the layout of the Fantasy class so far, over whatever class the Miracle was!

I like the layout of the old ships. I like the Serenity deck in the aft of 9, even if I have to walk thru where they have the comedy club to get there, or walk down a flight of stairs!! I love sitting in the front of the ship using one of those "secret doors" and taking a book and just relaxing, because few know about that deck.

Know that the Fantasy class will be a smaller ship, but know that you will have a lot of fun on her, and you will be able to relax and be waited on!!

Where's the secret door? On which deck?

Don't miss the purple worms!!! ;)

Well, I guess you can't miss the purple worms unless you stay out of the Lido dining area.

Ursula's Skirt,lol

Where's the secret door? On which deck?

There's also a secret (well hidden) staircase Empress Aft.

Miss the whole ship , its old and boring.

:mad::confused: OP is asking about Inspiration...maybe she can't fly to Miami. She's excited about the cruise, why are you always so negative? Didn't you ever learn the lesson, if you can't say something nice (or useful), then don't post.

I enjoyed her so much last weekend, decided to go again on Friday the 13th.

Things not to miss on the Inspiration.....

The Serenity Deck

The Comedy Shows

Sunday Football in the bar cheering on your favorite team with new friends

Gran Marnier(sp?) Soufflé on Formal night

Making Arnold Palmers with the ice tea and lemonade

Sunday lunch in the main dining room--sliced steak salad (best meal onboard)

A yummy Miami Vice and/or Kiss on the Lips

Have fun