Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

Actually-you have no more validity to your statement then any other posters statements here because:

General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

how true.:)

I remember posters saying the same things before the change was announced to the status levels. I also remember other times when rumors were reported and poo-pooed, only to be announced a couple of weeks to a couple of months later. While I don't agree with a couple of posters "opinions" on here, I do think changes are coming.

we will FINALLY be coming up to Diamond level with our next RCCL cruise on the Liberty of the Seas in 2014...only need 4 points to reach this level from Emerald and automatically moved to Elite with Celebrity I thought !!!!

now changes are going to be applied starting 2014 on RCCL C & A ...this week X has new policy with Captain's Club

does anyone know IF there is a clause that will keep us with what was to be prior to the changes ??

please advise and thanks in advance...b etter to ask here on this board since sometimes you get many varied answers when calling C & A etc..

There have been no changes to the C&A program announced by RCI. There have been lots of RUMOURS and SPECULATION but nothing official. As far as reciprocity between the lines D, D+ and Pinnacle will still be Elite on Celebrity.

Exactly. There is already a LONG thread on this, why start another?:rolleyes: Every affinity program seems to periodically downgrade their points/benefits (airlines, hotels, etc). It's not popular or fair, but it just seems to be the way things go.....:(

Exactly. There is already a LONG thread on this, why start another?:rolleyes: Every affinity program seems to periodically downgrade their points/benefits (airlines, hotels, etc). It's not popular or fair, but it just seems to be the way things go.....:(

This IS the long thread.

does anyone know IF there is a clause that will keep us with what was to be prior to the changes ??

About the only thing that can be counted on is that these programs will always have a clause along the lines of "we reserve the right to make changes at any time...."

That said, at this point D, D+ and P are still recognized as Elite on Celebrity.

Actually-you have no more validity to your statement then any other posters statements here because:

General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Actually I do, read the thread or the blog where Adam G. states himself about changes to Platinum and D+ Status and creating anything in between. The vouchers are above and beyond your access to the CL and DL. ....Just a lttle research may help you in the future, maybe....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Actually I do, read the thread or the blog where Adam G. states himself about changes to Platinum and D+ Status and creating anything in between. The vouchers are above and beyond your access to the CL and DL. ....Just a lttle research may help you in the future, maybe....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

what???:confused:

we will FINALLY be coming up to Diamond level with our next RCCL cruise on the Liberty of the Seas in 2014...only need 4 points to reach this level from Emerald and automatically moved to Elite with Celebrity I thought !!!!

now changes are going to be applied starting 2014 on RCCL C & A ...this week X has new policy with Captain's Club

please advise and thanks in advance...b etter to ask here on this board since sometimes you get many varied answers when calling C & A etc..

The only clause I know is Santa Clause....better start hoping you find "protected status" in your stocking....;)

The lack of space is causing problems.

No, free booze for too many people is causing problems. Doesn't seem to be much problem with overcrowding otherwise. My solution: suite guests and Pinnacle get CL and free booze. They've paid/earned it. D/D+ get DL and free non-alcoholic. Overcrowding during happy hour would vanish, plus there would be more revenue from alcohol sales, increasing the bottom line.

For the record, I'm D+ and not a teatotaler, so I too would be among those losing access and drinks. I wouldn't suggest a solution that takes away benefits if I wasn't subject to losing them myself.

They've paid/earned it.

For the record, I'm D+

If you are D+, you've spent tens of thousands of $$$ with RCCL, as have every other D+. You may not feel you have "earned" them, but I guarantee you, you are in the VAST minority!:)

If you are D+, you've spent tens of thousands of $$$ with RCCL, as have every other D+. You may not feel you have "earned" them, but I guarantee you, you are in the VAST minority!:)

If you are D+ then I think Royal can/should, at least, give you some free booze. LOL

In my opinion, you D+ and above folks deserve every perk they give you. I'm a lowly Platinum and am happy just to get the balcony discount!

These loyalty programs are always a VERY fine line for the company to walk when changes have to be made but I think they should ALWAYS err on the side of the most loyal of your customers.

Really, the overwhelming amount of cruisers we know cruise for the love of it, not points, status, or levels.:rolleyes:

I don't necessarily agree with that. If you look at RCCL, Norwegian, and Princess, they are all pretty equal as far as what you get for the $$$. A decent loyalty program can be enough to get people to choose one over the other. NCL's Lattitudes program is every bit as good as Crown and Anchor, and to me, the suite perks are a little better.

If I didn't have enough Royal Rewards points to get our upcoming Liberty cruise for free, I would have definitely shopped around a lot more than what I did.

No, free booze for too many people is causing problems. Doesn't seem to be much problem with overcrowding otherwise. My solution: suite guests and Pinnacle get CL and free booze. They've paid/earned it. D/D+ get DL and free non-alcoholic. Overcrowding during happy hour would vanish, plus there would be more revenue from alcohol sales, increasing the bottom line.

For the record, I'm D+ and not a teatotaler, so I too would be among those losing access and drinks. I wouldn't suggest a solution that takes away benefits if I wasn't subject to losing them myself.

The prospect of free alcohol seems to motivate passengers more than just about anything else. That's why the DL abd CL are so crowded during the hours when free alcohol is served and practically empty when only specialty coffees and a continental breakfast are available.

If free alcohol were to be taken away from D and D+, you can bet there would be a full scale rebellion, threats to sail other cruise lines, cancel RCI cruises and so on.

Something that seems to be forgotten is that not everyone drinks. I am D+ and order a diet coke if and when I go to the CL. Since i usually buy a soda card it's not really a perk for me. I like the gift I get to pick much better then the CL. I have a few towels, totes and enjoy them for years after my cruise. My next 5 cruises that I have booked has only one RCL cruise, the others are Princess and NCL and Celebrity. I think there are a lot of us cruisers who aren't loyal to anyone but ourselves. I choose a sailing on itinerary, port of departure, price, available balcony cabins, and friends. The perks are the icing on the cake not the reason to pick a cruise line.

Something that seems to be forgotten is that not everyone drinks. I am D+ and order a diet coke if and when I go to the CL. Since i usually buy a soda card it's not really a perk for me. I like the gift I get to pick much better then the CL. I have a few towels, totes and enjoy them for years after my cruise. My next 5 cruises that I have booked has only one RCL cruise, the others are Princess and NCL and Celebrity. I think there are a lot of us cruisers who aren't loyal to anyone but ourselves. I choose a sailing on itinerary, port of departure, price, available balcony cabins, and friends. The perks are the icing on the cake not the reason to pick a cruise line.

Like :-)

Some posters entirely miss the point. Some can't stand that someone gets something they don't. And others just like to stir the pot.

This will be our first RCL cruise in 3 years and we'll become Diamond after this one but are treating it as our last. We cashed in all of our points and the RCL Visa has been relegated to the dresser drawer with a cancellation following our next cruise. Our decision is based more on RCL's itineraries than anything else, for us they've become quite boring and require a choice between desired ship and desired itinerary and in our case the two no longer intersect.

This cruise was determined by available visa points, the field will be much broader the next time we cruise.

Edited by i-m-ed

Like :-)

Some posters entirely miss the point. Some can't stand that someone gets something they don't. And others just like to stir the pot.

And some here can't stand that others, who are at a lower level, get some of the same perks that they do and want those benefits removed.