Must Haves at International Cafe

chrismch

The tiny peanut butter chocolate cups in the demitasse cups is to die for! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree.....love them! Also one of our favorites is the Vanilla Bean Blended Drink....coffee, vanilla bean flavoring and ice all blended to a really thick consistency and topped with whipped cream.:):)

Yogurt parfait at breakfast, Greek salad is wonderful.

When I do the first morning coffee run from the cabin, I bring that white tray that the ice bucket sits on in the cabin to carry everything back on. I can fit 2 coffees,2 yogurt parfaits and several pastries on it plus 2 sets of utensils. It's very sturdy.

Is all this included in the cruise price or an up charge? Thanks.

Yes, the food in the IC is included. The nearby Coffee and Gelato are NOT. The Gelato is $1.60 US (A great deal) The coffees are at various prices. The coffee card is generally a good value

I think all IC's except on Caribbean Princess have gelato, it is a slight charge, but oh my! My husband fell in love with the Nutella. The price is like $1.50 for 3 scoops of any flavor combinations you like, I think they usually have 8 or so to choose from.

Actually, the ONLY ships that have gelato at the International Cafe are the Crown, Ruby, and Emerald. The vast majority do not have the gelato at the IC.

The Caribbean Princess is now featuring a new must-have at breakfast time: the Croissant Doughnut! Insanely delicious! I was on from 11/16 thru 11/23, so this is recent.

I was a bit disappointed with the IC on the CB in October. They had the same things day after day. Had tiramisu the first day and never had it again though. I must say that the croissant donuts in the morning were an absolute must have. The shrimp salad was great too. The panini's were good if fresh (prosciutto and fresh mozzarella). No gelato on the CB which was disappointing because it's wonderful.

I loved the IC! Too bad it was so far away from our cabin on 14. I didn't know breakfast was all sweet pastries except the breakfast mcmuffin so I walked all the way down there and didn't get anything and walked all the way back up to 14 (stairs only both ways). I actually did not care for the mcMuffin.

Loved pretty much everything else. Grilled veggie salad, shrimp salad, beet salad (I saw this towards the end of the cruise), Greek salad (instead of olives they had very very tart berries/grapes? in it), the quiches! (make sure you ask them to warm it). The sandwiches were good but didn't seem to change later in the cruise.

I'm not into sweets so never tried the crossant/donut. The amount of powdered sugar on there scared me! However I did try the tiramisu, not too sweet, but the bottom was kinda watery. The fruit tarts were good.

They also have a daily soup, but i never got a chance to try.

And there was never a line! Most was about 2 people deep.

Edited by whataboutport

Love the chicken salad, shrimp salad and Panini's (I second the poster who said they loved the prosciutto and mozzarella). We'll be there every day of our cruise for snacks. Great idea to supplement a salad from HC...hadn't thought of that!

Love the chicken salad, shrimp salad and Panini's (I second the poster who said they loved the prosciutto and mozzarella). We'll be there every day of our cruise for snacks. Great idea to supplement a salad from HC...hadn't thought of that!

Not sure if they had it everyday, but on several days, the IC on the Caribbean Princess had a green salad with a couple of dressings choices, that they were dishing up.

I'm actually glad that we're not sailing for about 3 months. I need to lose about 10 pounds so I can try everything there.

We normally sleep in and skip breakfast so we only eat lunch and dinner in an attempt to save SOME calories (and yes I know breakfast is important, but if you get out of bed at 10:30 then lunch IS breakfast).

But now it looks like we're going to have to have MORE meals.

I need to run to the gym... right now.

This will be the first time we've sailed a Princess cruise with an IC that others seem to rave about. What are the best things to try?

It might be easier to ask "what to avoid!" :)

The answer is "NOTHING!":D