All Inclusive Drink Package available on Star Princess NOW

KruzPrincess

I agree with you. It amazes me that people come on CC to brag about how they've shared the unlimited drinks with others and they feel justified because no one said anything.

It definitely wouldn't work for me. I drink the tap water (I even swap out the bottled water in my mini-bar set-up since I don't want it), drink coffee only on occasion and the ship's coffee is fine with me when I do, rarely have a mocktail, have maybe a drink at night (Platinum/Elite lounge at $5/drink), and a bottle of wine lasted me most of my Royal T/A and that was with help from my friends. Maybe this is why I never gain weight on a cruise. :)

To each his/her own. I sure hope they don't raise the cost of individual drinks as currently, they are a lot less than on Celebrity.

We are Princess cruisers , but due to itinerary are taking a cruise on Celebrity. I agree 100% with Pam. I have to laugh at many of the comments of the drink packages. In most cases the pkg. is in in place of OBC and unless you are a hvy. drinker (my words) you would be much better off with the OBC. The OBC I received for the upcoming cruise is far greater than the basic drink pkg.

We are Princess cruisers , but due to itinerary are taking a cruise on Celebrity. I agree 100% with Pam. I have to laugh at many of the comments of the drink packages. In most cases the pkg. is in in place of OBC and unless you are a hvy. drinker (my words) you would be much better off with the OBC. The OBC I received for the upcoming cruise is far greater than the basic drink pkg.

It does NOT replace the OBC coming from your TA. You do get a choice from the promo to take the OBC if you don't drink enough.

Really wasn't meant as an insult....I can enjoy 2 or 3 drinks, but with this package, I would need to double my intake just to make it worthwhile!

The title of your post is what I found offensive....

"icon6.gif...then yiu have to go to THOSE meetings..... " Nice suggestion that those taking a drink package need AA.

Good Grief!!!!

Those who wanted a drink package have now been given one. So what do we hear for the rest of the thread...........grousing and arguing and insults. Some are not happy on how Princess will run the program, while others are already trying to figure out how to cheat the system. Grow up people-your time here is limited.

I'm thinking that the only way to find out if it's worth it is to give it a try!!!

If it's not worth it then you don't need to buy it again

If it works than hurrah!!

It will probably be a good deal on a cruise that has lots of "sea" days like Hawaii.

Obviously on a port intensive cruise you'd never get your money worth.

Good Grief!!!!

Those who wanted a drink package have now been given one. So what do we hear for the rest of the thread...........grousing and arguing and insults. Some are not happy on how Princess will run the program, while others are already trying to figure out how to cheat the system. Grow up people-your time here is limited.

Agree! But every time you post I agree!!:)

OBC is only good if you actually spend on board. Not everyone does. I will be on Celebrity next week and upgraded my free classic drink package to a premium drink package. I might not spend as much on drinks on Princess, but I like being able to drink whatever I want, when I want and not have to worry about how much is going on my bill. So I do drink more on Celebrity, but what I drink more of is sparkling water. I drink 4-5 large bottles a day. I love it and I don't drink any on Princess. I also will get a latte in the morning, and fresh fruit juice at meals. Then a couple of adult drinks in the dinner. What makes it worth the money for us is the all you can drink bottled sparkling water.

I also like that if I don't like a drink, I can just set it down and order something else. Large OBCs make absolutely no sense for me, because I usually only have a couple glasses of wine and my autotips on my account.

Enjoy your OBC and I will enjoy my drink package. To each their own.

I am confused about OBC - can't these be applied to anything purchased on board, including drinks?

I haven't cruised enough to really acquire any OBCs - I have a big $15.00 in my account so far. Woo hoo - party time!

Yeah, they can but I think there's a different mentality to how you consume if something is free and unlimited rather than the value being deducted from your OBC.

Really? I haven't yet been on a Princess cruise (but will in a few weeks), but I have been on two Celebrity cruises. I've looked at drink menus from Princess, and I think the prices for glasses of wine and cocktails are very similar to Celebrity.

To each his/her own. I sure hope they don't raise the cost of individual drinks as currently, they are a lot less than on Celebrity.

Reading through these interesting posts piqued my interest about the view of the medical community about how much alcohol was a safe amount.

Without being judgmental or knowing whether they are right or wrong, this is what they say:

Four or Fewer Drinks for Men

For men, low-risk alcohol consumption is drinking four or fewer standard drinks on any single day and less than 14 drinks during any given week. According to the NIAAA, to remain low risk, both the daily and weekly guidelines must be met.

In other words, if you are a man and you drink only four standard drinks per day, but you drink four every day, you are drinking 28 drinks per week -- twice the recommended level for low-risk alcohol consumption. Likewise, drinking four drinks a day four times a week would also exceed the guidelines.

Three or Fewer Drinks for Women

Research has shown that women develop alcohol problems at lower levels of consumption than men. Therefore, the guidelines for low-risk drinking are lower for females. The NIAAA guidelines for women are three or fewer standard drinks a day and no more than seven drinks per week.

As for men, both the daily and weekly standards must be met to remain in the low-risk category. If you drink only two drinks a day, but drink them every day, that is 14 drinks a week -- twice the recommended amount for low-risk consumption.

It depends on the itinerary and stateroom. Mine was the drink packaged valued at $700 per couple with tip or $200 OBC per couple.

It depends on the itinerary and stateroom. Mine was the drink packaged valued at $700 per couple with tip or $200 OBC per couple.

Mine was $1,000 drink package or $200 OBC. We both drink, total no brainer on which was the better deal for us, especially with 5 sea days :)

Edited by Cruise Junky

$1100 value per cabin or $300 obc here. No brainer for us. Plus still getting $225 obc from travel agent. :)

Tony

Holy cow! I can't imagine spending that much on drinks/day. About half as much as the entire cruise cost. Not for me. I guess for some people it's worth it.

I know. I love my Coor's Lite, but I could never drink that much a day. :eek:

Of course if it were free, I'd take that over gratuities. :)

Edited by Sillyjilly

Really? I haven't yet been on a Princess cruise (but will in a few weeks), but I have been on two Celebrity cruises. I've looked at drink menus from Princess, and I think the prices for glasses of wine and cocktails are very similar to Celebrity.

I agree and I was hard pressed to find drinks over the 8 dollar limit of the classic package. I think the Martini bar was the only place they sold the $10 and $12 drinks. Even with that they would make the same drink in a smaller version so that it would be covered under the calssic package.

Mine was $1,000 drink package or $200 OBC. We both drink, total no brainer on which was the better deal for us, especially with 5 sea days :)

$1100 value per cabin or $300 obc here. No brainer for us. Plus still getting $225 obc from travel agent. :)

Tony

If the drink package is free,even if you only drink half the value of the package it is still a better deal than the OBC they offer.

I agree and I was hard pressed to find drinks over the 8 dollar limit of the classic package. I think the Martini bar was the only place they sold the $10 and $12 drinks. Even with that they would make the same drink in a smaller version so that it would be covered under the calssic package.

There are some (really nice) wines by the glass that are more than $8/glass on Celebrity. That makes the difference for us.

Celebrity has a much larger and nicer selection of wines by the glass. On Princess we almost always end up ordering bottles because of the selection. That's one thing that makes the package only minimally attractive.

I would have to add up the 40% savings to see if it justified $49 or $98 (for 2) dollars a day and I imagine it wouldn't.

There are some (really nice) wines by the glass that are more than $8/glass on Celebrity. That makes the difference for us.

Celebrity has a much larger and nicer selection of wines by the glass. On Princess we almost always end up ordering bottles because of the selection. That's one thing that makes the package only minimally attractive.

I would have to add up the 40% savings to see if it justified $49 or $98 (for 2) dollars a day and I imagine it wouldn't.

I would have to analyze the plan that Princess offers before I committed to a purchase. Celebrity does a good job of explaining what you get for the classic and premium package in relation to brands of beverages on the website. Also Celebrity pours soft drinks from the can as opposed to the fountain soda Princess serves. I guess once it is up and running fleet wide the information will be available.

Good Grief!!!!

Agree Donna...but isn't this how it always is on this MB:D

Reading through these interesting posts piqued my interest about the view of the medical community about how much alcohol was a safe amount.

Without being judgmental or knowing whether they are right or wrong, this is what they say:

Four or Fewer Drinks for Men

For men, low-risk alcohol consumption is drinking four or fewer standard drinks on any single day and less than 14 drinks during any given week. According to the NIAAA, to remain low risk, both the daily and weekly guidelines must be met.

In other words, if you are a man and you drink only four standard drinks per day, but you drink four every day, you are drinking 28 drinks per week -- twice the recommended level for low-risk alcohol consumption. Likewise, drinking four drinks a day four times a week would also exceed the guidelines.

Three or Fewer Drinks for Women

Research has shown that women develop alcohol problems at lower levels of consumption than men. Therefore, the guidelines for low-risk drinking are lower for females. The NIAAA guidelines for women are three or fewer standard drinks a day and no more than seven drinks per week.

As for men, both the daily and weekly standards must be met to remain in the low-risk category. If you drink only two drinks a day, but drink them every day, that is 14 drinks a week -- twice the recommended amount for low-risk consumption.

**I hope you will refrain from posting any dietary guidelines regarding food.

We all know that the government knows what is best for us. ;)

This article is over two years old but gives a comparison of drink packages on the various lines:

http://www.frommers.com/articles/7316.html

Here's a link with photos of a number of Celebrity drink menus. A martini is $10; on Princess, it's $7-8, depending on the vodka. Mixed drinks are $8-8.50; on Princess, they start at $5.50. I often order a Long Island Iced Tea which is $5.50.

http://cruisewithgambee.com/celebrity-drink-lists/

Here's a copy of one of the bar menus from the Crown earlier this year. Compare prices to those on Celebrity:

ImageUploadedByForums1386694736.196263.jpg.a95e9db6cc1f6d1a9bb6f4d69ec1a985.jpg