Just off the Crown Princess

Jbird81

I have the following to say about the "issues on the ship"

1. It's not falling apart. The majority are complaining about rust and flaking paint being around. Sure I saw some rust, but that's to be expected. The Crown is a massive vessel sailing in salt water. Same with the railings needing to be varnished. It didn't hinder our experience at all.

2. A/C problems were non-existant for us, but the room was never as cold as we wanted it, you could say. This is because we went in and out of the balcony a lot, though.

3. No toilet problems in our staterooms. Saw one urinal problem though in the bathrooms outside the Princess Theatre..

4. Did not have any "smell".

Any questions you have feel free to ask me them. I have all of the Patters, and a lot of various other stuff. If there is interested I will also do a full photo review.

1. It's not falling apart. The majority are complaining about rust and flaking paint being around. Sure I saw some rust, but that's to be expected. The Crown is a massive vessel sailing in salt water. Same with the railings needing to be varnished. It didn't hinder our experience at all.

2. A/C problems were non-existant for us, but the room was never as cold as we wanted it, you could say. This is because we went in and out of the balcony a lot, though.

3. No toilet problems in our staterooms. Saw one urinal problem though in the bathrooms outside the Princess Theatre..

Any questions you have feel free to ask me them. I have all of the Patters, and a lot of various other stuff. If there is interested I will also do a full photo review.

We got off on the 21st and like you, had no issues.

Thanks so much for the post. We board next week for a family trip with several members who have never cruised at all and others who have never cruised Princess. Hoping to sell them on Princess for future trips and this post has helped alleviate my concerns after reading other posts. Glad you had an enjoyable trip. Sure it won't be perfect but will board with the best attitude and pray for no issues.

Hi-

Myself and my family had a great Christmas on the Crown Princess. No plumbing issues but at times the toilet had a delay from pushing the button to flush (no more than a minute or two). No a/c issues, I thought the service was great, as was the food, in my opinion. My 3rd time on the Crown, 14th Princess cruise.

This was my first time in a mini (covered on the Emerald Deck) and loved the room. No noise from Club Fusion. Also the first time, after 10+ cruises on Princess ships with a balcony, to have the new balcony furniture which I give mixed reviews. Used Pam from Ca.'s tip and put one of the extra pillows when sitting for a while, thanks!

Chris

A delay between pushing the button and flush is actually not unusual no matter which line you're on. If you report it to the PSD, they will likely ignore it as it's pretty common. If the toilet fails to flush for an hour or longer, then there's a problem. :)

Hi-

Myself and my family had a great Christmas on the Crown Princess. No plumbing issues but at times the toilet had a delay from pushing the button to flush (no more than a minute or two). No a/c issues, I thought the service was great, as was the food, in my opinion. My 3rd time on the Crown, 14th Princess cruise.

This was my first time in a mini (covered on the Emerald Deck) and loved the room. No noise from Club Fusion. Also the first time, after 10+ cruises on Princess ships with a balcony, to have the new balcony furniture which I give mixed reviews. Used Pam from Ca.'s tip and put one of the extra pillows when sitting for a while, thanks!

Chris

CW, were you port or starboard? That's exactly where our room is on the 25th (723). Thank you for posting, I have been stressing these issues.

CK

We are sailing the Crown in February, so I'd absolutely LOVE a photo review! Anything to help me count down the days!

Where was your favorite place to eat? Favorite activity? I love to get people's personal views on the cruises, as it helps you to decide what to do AND it helps you find out some things you might not have known.

Thanks, also, for the update on the toilets and AC. We're in an inside, so we certainly won't be making the room hot by going in and out to our balcony. Since we don't have one. Bitter? Me? Never. LOL! ;)

Thank you!

I also just got off the Crown after 14 days. I was in A605 (starboard), the room was HOT as was the entire hallway. (my parents were in D205 , there room was also HOT) My cabin steward put a sheet on the bed and removed the duvet, the curtains where drawn the entire time, the toilet never flushed on the 1st or 2nd try for that matter, you would just have to return later and try it again.

That being said, thanks to cruise critic I knew these problems existed and didn't complain and allow this to ruin my trip.

I do have to say the food was the best I had had on any Princess ship. The staff was tremendous, I have never filled out so many positive comment cards in all my cruises.

I have all the patters if anyone has questions.

Thanks for your review! We embark in less than three weeks. Can you tell me the formal nights and which night in the dining room was italian night? Thanks again.

Thanks for your review! We embark in less than three weeks. Can you tell me the formal nights and which night in the dining room was italian night? Thanks again.

I believe Italian night was Tuesday, in Curacao. On this sailing the 2nd formal night was Wednesday (Aruba) which was also Christmas. First formal night was Monday, the first sea day.

Glad you had a good cruise, thanks for sharing these bits of your experience with us. Count me in the group who is slightly nervous about our upcoming sailing in January, mostly about the toilet issues.

I would be personally interested in a full photo review :)

I believe Italian night was Tuesday, in Curacao. On this sailing the 2nd formal night was Wednesday (Aruba) which was also Christmas. First formal night was Monday, the first sea day.

Thanks so much! On ours I bet it will be Monday, and then Thursday.

Thanks so much for the review. It sounds like there are two formal nights on the seven day cruise. We are doing a b2b January 4th and wondering about the number and the nights they are. Someone wrote that on the itinerary with ST Thomas that night, Wednesday was formal. Also did Princess still give the blue Princess Tote bags in your cabin. Think I must have discarded mine. LOL. Your review has already helped so much.

Thanks so much for the review. It sounds like there are two formal nights on the seven day cruise. We are doing a b2b January 4th and wondering about the number and the nights they are. Someone wrote that on the itinerary with ST Thomas that night, Wednesday was formal. Also did Princess still give the blue Princess Tote bags in your cabin. Think I must have discarded mine. LOL. Your review has already helped so much.

You will get the Princess blue bag even on the short cruises.

I will do a photo review starting sometime this week, as I wrote up some of it on the ship. I'll let you all know.

And I agree on the toilet thing, I'd press it and within a second it'd flush. One time it was about 5 seconds and just as I was about to walk away it flushed. The Crown had the best crew I've ever had on a ship before PERIOD. They're amazing.

It is so nice to hear all of the positive comments. We will be boarding the Crown in March.

I sometimes think that people new to Cruise Critic are misled by our name. We had someone come to a meet and greet once with nothing but complaints. He thought that was what cruise critic was for.

Nancy

This used to happen quite frequently, which is why they no longer advertise the CC group in the Patter. I still have people knocking on my door occasionally when they see a Cruise Critic sign. :rolleyes:

I would love to see a full photo review. The left coast seems to be losing our jewel of a Sapphire, so I'm dying to see what the Crown looks like.

I would love to see a full photo review. The left coast seems to be losing our jewel of a Sapphire, so I'm dying to see what the Crown looks like.

Check the Princess board, I've began one. I'll be posting a lot more photos of the Crown on there towards the end, after I get the review mostly done. Lots of ship photos!