Captain Circle Pins

JF - retired RRT

Mine are scattered all over the house in various "junk" drawers. Sometimes I find one and think, "awwwwwwwwwwwwwww," then I put it back. All of them are still in their plastic wrap.

I can't bring myself to throw them away. I'm not a hoarder, either.

We build a folder for each cruise/vacation, so we can compare/reference little things.

I have folders for each cruise lines membership kit and the Princess sticker passports and pins are in their own folder. I like the little stickers, we have onew for every Princess cruise location/itinerary.

I do the same for RV memberships and hotel/airline loyalty memberships.

Over the years you pile up quite a bit of stuff, but keeping it all organized pays dividends when you need a number, or want to compare past cruise pricing, cost of excursions, etc.

We build a folder for each cruise/vacation, so we can compare/reference little things.

I have folders for each cruise lines membership kit and the Princess sticker passports and pins are in their own folder. I like the little stickers, we have onew for every Princess cruise location/itinerary.

I do the same for RV memberships and hotel/airline loyalty memberships.

Over the years you pile up quite a bit of stuff, but keeping it all organized pays dividends when you need a number, or want to compare past cruise pricing, cost of excursions, etc.

Please come for a visit and organize my travel memories paperwork! :D

The pins are in the bottom of my jewelry drawer.

DH wears his pins on his Princess Dos Equis Bar Hop baseball cap. Sometimes I will wear my elite pin to the repeat passenger party. The best pins are the ones that you get from the crew.;)

Interesting.....do you just ask for them? How are they different?

Interesting.....do you just ask for them? How are they different?

They are the little blue pins that the crew members wear. One is square and has the Princess employee motto on it. We received those from the Hotel General Manager. The second pin is oval and says 10+. Those came from the Captain's Circle Hostess. We didn't ask for them though. They were gifts from employees that we had made friends with.:)

What pins??? We have cruised with Princess the past seven years and

have yet to recieve a pin. We have gone up to the Elite level, again, never a pin. Where or when do you get a pin? We got a booklet after our

first cruise but that is the last thing.

Next cruise, just talk to the Captain's Circle Host/Hostess and he/she will get you the Elite pin.

Got quite a collection for the various grades, but never wear them at all.

Our view is that Princess give us certain additional benefits because of our loyalty and that this is a private matter between Princess and ourselves.

The key card for our accomodation shows any member of staff, who needs to know, our membership grade.

In the same way as I do not see the need to tell other passengers when/if I am in a suite, I do not see the need to advertise my membership grade to other passengers.

We do however leave the name tag, which identifies our membership grade, on the door simply to ensure that when we have a party, people can be sure they are knocking on the correct door, though I tend to be uncomfortable with even that, and, if anyone comments that the label has shown we are in a higher grade, I tend to feign unawareness of the significance of the colour of the label.

My bottom line is:- Take the benefits, enjoy them, answer questions if someone asks what the benefits are, but otherwise say nothing.

Edited by leventurian
spelling error

I think my Gold pin is tucked into my "Princess Passport," with all the voyage stickers that I've never gotten around to.

What is a Princess Passport? I see it referred to in my Platinum benefits, but I've never seen one. And since I don't have the passport to place the stamps in, I've been tossing them.

What is a Princess Passport? I see it referred to in my Platinum benefits, but I've never seen one. And since I don't have the passport to place the stamps in, I've been tossing them.

It was a little booklet, blue and about the size of a passport, with blank pages into which one could paste the little voyage stickers that one finds in one's cabin upon boarding. Silly but harmless fun. When I fill the book up, I might start pasting the stickers on my luggage, like steamer trunks back in the day . . . (kidding, kidding).

It was a little booklet, blue and about the size of a passport, with blank pages into which one could paste the little voyage stickers that one finds in one's cabin upon boarding. Silly but harmless fun. When I fill the book up, I might start pasting the stickers on my luggage, like steamer trunks back in the day . . . (kidding, kidding).

You could put your "passport" filled to the brim, with stamps, on eBay.

If you have not looked......do so, and you will be amazed at what is for sale!

I have a 100 cruise plaque from Royal Caribbean, un named, unlike our others with more cruise numbers, and would guess that I could ask $50.00.

It cost me........which anything of fun is going to cost, what I was willing to pay for cruises!:D No more, no less!!;)

Rick

Edited by rubrrick