Food Concerns /Lots of fish courses!

Having looked at a few sample menu's fro a few years ago it seems that FOS /RCI tend to serve a lot of Fish/Seafood dishes.

I'm not a big lover of Fish and on recent Princess cruises I have found that the menus have much more variety.

Yes I could just go to the buffet but we are are travelling as a group of 8 and are booked for dining in MDR.

I understand that they have broiled chicken and Angus Steak everyday but does not seem to be an awful lot of variety other the fish on main menu.

Has anyone got a recent sample menu that states otherwise??

Any feedback would be appreciated

Here is a link to the menus - these are not sample menus but the actual menus

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/

Like you I do not particularly care for fish, but I found the variety was very good. My last cruise was 14 nights and I only resorted to the always available steak once. It was actually pretty good!

We Don't eat fish and never had a problem with the menu. In fact have never ordered a steak off the main menu as there seems to always be something non fish to try. In fact, DH cannot stand fishy smell so if there is a lobster night, we make alternate dining reservations. So best wishes to you for a good cruise and fine eating.

Edited by CRUIS4ME

I do not like fish either. Sometimes I would order my salad and soup and some sides and of course deserts. One night I ordered 2 appetizers for my meal. The servers will bring it when you want it so you can have it at the entree time. I always found something...

Any feedback would be appreciated

Living on an island and normally eating fresh caught fish, I never order fish dinners on a cruise. Until it was pointed out here on CC, I didn't even notice the new menus were heavy on fish dinners. I always find a dish I like, and without having to order from the every day options.

I like the lamb dinners...both the shank and the chops. I also like the filet of beef and prime rib.

We leave in a week on Freedom. Last January they had the Chops Filet you could order for a fee in the dining room. I didn't see it on the menu. It was a great option and a wonderful steak. I hope you can still get it.

We're not big fish eaters either and it seems like most menus have at least two fish courses, a chicken (or other poultry) , a beef or pork and a vegetarian option, besides the 'always available' choices.

Even I, who also doesn't eat chicken, lamb or veal, can usually find something to eat--even though I'm not vegetarian, some of those meals are great. I know I'm picky about meat, so I blame no one but myself! Two fish options always seems like overkill to me, however.

If something is not strictly to my liking, after I ordered it, there is plenty of other food!