Carnival Live

lablover61

I appreciate that Carnival is at least making the effort.

Would I pay if these groups came to town & had to deal with parking, traffic, crowds, etc.? Probably not.

Seeing them in a small venue will be very cool. I think even our sons will enjoy it.

I was wondering about how the seating will be. Will it be general seating for $20 or what?

I appreciate that Carnival is at least making the effort.

Would I pay if these groups came to town & had to deal with parking, traffic, crowds, etc.? Probably not.

Seeing them in a small venue will be very cool. I think even our sons will enjoy it.

I was wondering about how the seating will be. Will it be general seating for $20 or what?

Per CCL,the only reserved seats will be those purchasing the VIP concert packages which are $110 to $150, depending on sailing/artist. All other tickets will be general admission. Wonder how CCL will handle this as people who buy tickets will be trying to save blocks of seats?

To each their own I guess. It doesn't give me any more reason to cruise and the entertainment should already be included in the cruise fare IMHO.

Should the spa be included as well?

Nothing wrong with adding new options for a fee. I never use the spa, but I would never criticize Carnival for having one - and charging for it.

The days of everything being included are over.

So, you had to pay hundreds of dollars for a cruise and then pay more to see a concert. I can see some of these bands in my hometown for a lot less money than seeing them on a cruise ship. If the concert was included as part of the cruise fare then that's fine but to have to pay extra no thanks, I'll wait for REO or Styx to come to me.

Are they free when they come to you?

Should the spa be included as well?

Nothing wrong with adding new options for a fee. I never use the spa, but I would never criticize Carnival for having one - and charging for it.

The days of everything being included are over.

Coorect! It is all about options.

If you live somewhere that rock bands do not normally go, I can see this being a great idea. I am a huge music fan and have been to hundreds if concerts. I am always amazed at how polluted the audience gets. I am sure Carnival will sell more liquor. I do not like going to a concert with casual fans of a band. I can't imagine being stuck on a boat with 2000 classic rock fans.

Question on this

When they have a concert in main lounge one night exactly what does it replace?

A. Is it a production show?

B A flyon?

C An evening production of love and marriage?

D The chance to watch others play hasbro?

If it replaces a night of professional entertainment it is actually a cutback for those who dont want to pay for the concert.

Hopefully it is C or D.

Question on this

When they have a concert in main lounge one night exactly what does it replace?

A. Is it a production show?

B A flyon?

C An evening production of love and marriage?

D The chance to watch others play hasbro?

If it replaces a night of professional entertainment it is actually a cutback for those who dont want to pay for the concert.

Hopefully it is C or D.

I totally agree and that is my complaint with it

Edited by jonbgd

So I am curious, exactly how much were the tickets for REO and Styxx? I keep seeing tickets are between $20 and $40 but nothing specific.

I would think for those bands it would only be $20 but I am wondering.

STYX was $20 for general admission. $100 for VIP which is in the first three rows with meet n greet and photo op.

We got lucky as this is the cruise we were already looking at for our son's fall break. We were going either way, now we just pay a little more for a concert.

And after all the poor reviews of the production shows recently, I'm happy for something different.

Are they free when they come to you?

Actually most of these acts can be seen for free on the county fair circuit. The program might have been a good idea if the acts weren't so outdated. Most have not had a hit in a generation.

Actually most of these acts can be seen for free on the county fair circuit. The program might have been a good idea if the acts weren't so outdated. Most have not had a hit in a generation.

You are so wrong it's actually funny. Maybe your generations are longer than mine. I am surprised you are not for this being the big Carnival cheerleader you are. Go figure. Lady A, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride, all this generation. Chicago, 38 Special, Reo, Stxx still draw.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

This makes me wonder about your age bracket. Many of us like to think back on those songs, those were the good old days. It's no big deal about no hits in recent years, it's the memories. Most hits of today are here and gone and not memorable.

You are so wrong it's actually funny. Maybe your generations are longer than mine. I am surprised you are not for this being the big Carnival cheerleader you are. Go figure. Lady A, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride, all this generation. Chicago, 38 Special, Reo, Stxx still draw.

I guess you will be putting on your nascar or old tie dye tee shirt and enjoying these acts. I can see them all at the local county fair along with the two headed cow. BTW, not a carnival cheerleader. I have enjoyed the cruises I have taken, but the product has gone downhill lately. To not notice that would make me a cheerleader.

I guess you will be putting on your nascar or old tie dye tee shirt and enjoying these acts. I can see them all at the local county fair along with the two headed cow. BTW, not a carnival cheerleader. I have enjoyed the cruises I have taken, but the product has gone downhill lately. To not notice that would make me a cheerleader.

The cheerleader line was a joke. So country I guess is not your thing I take it. You might be surprised as to what the majority of the country would say is there preference. For the record when was the last time you saw an act at a country fair?

They have added options pure and simple. Options are a good thing.

Btw, Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson are not country.

One of the acts can be seen at the Florida strawberry festival for $25 .00 after you pay admission and parking and sit on a cold bleacher outside in the dust with thousands of others .I will pay the $20.00 to sit in a nice seat with a glass of wine and watch the act in an air conditioned small venue.

The cheerleader line was a joke. So country I guess is not your thing I take it. You might be surprised as to what the majority of the country would say is there preference. For the record when was the last time you saw an act at a country fair?

They have added options pure and simple. Options are a good thing.

You are correct, country is not my bag. I know what most of the country likes. Last time a saw an act at the county fair was in August, when the fair was in town. I go to the fair every year. I like the Americana and the two headed cow. Sheryl Crow, included in the 5 dollar admission. A better act than any of the ones carnival offers. I don't think the concept is bad, just the b grade acts they booked. Would gladly pay way more for better acts. A good idea badly executed.

Edited by joeyancho

This makes me wonder about your age bracket. Many of us like to think back on those songs, those were the good old days. It's no big deal about no hits in recent years, it's the memories. Most hits of today are here and gone and not memorable.

I agree with you. My age bracket is the Boomer/Woodstock generation. My point is that the rock acts are lame. There are way better acts that they could have booked.

You are correct, country is not my bag. I know what most of the country likes. Last time a saw an act at the county was in August, when the fair was in town. Sheryl Crow, included in the 5 dollar admission. A better act than any of the ones carnival offers. I don't think the concept is bad, just the b grade acts they booked.

So what would like them to book? It's what people want to see and makes sense. They recently did a charter for new kids on the block (I think anyways....) and it sold out in less than two hours. 80's bands totally fit their clientele, most comments here have been on REO, Stxx, and Kansas and nothing is as popular as country. What they need most of all is to sell cabins and this a good fit and a way to do just that.

So what would like them to book? It's what people want to see and makes sense. They recently did a charter for new kids on the block (I think anyways....) and it sold out in less than two hours. 80's bands totally fit their clientele, most comments here have been on REO, Stxx, and Kansas and nothing is as popular as country. What they need most of all is to sell cabins and this a good fit and a way to do just that.

Carnival did not book NKOTB. The promoter, who booked the charter did. The prices for those cruises is different than regular cruises. Those are specialty cruises. I agree they need to book cabins, I guess we are going to agree to disagree as to how. I guess, being in the industry, I am a music snob.