Excited About My Upgrade!

LostFan#1

We haven't sailed with Princess for two years, although we have been cruising in the meantime. We booked a balcony guarantee on the Ruby TA leaving April 27. We typically book guarantee cabins and so were completely shocked when we had a room assigned within a few hours!! We booked a "BF" and got a "B2" on the Caribe deck, and it's a premium balcony! So excited!

Thank you, Princess, for so graciously welcoming up back. I also thanked my agent for sprinkling whatever magic dust he had!

We haven't sailed with Princess for two years, although we have been cruising in the meantime. We booked a balcony guarantee on the Ruby TA leaving April 27. We typically book guarantee cabins and so were completely shocked when we had a room assigned within a few hours!! We booked a "BF" and got a "B2" on the Caribe deck, and it's a premium balcony! So excited!

Thank you, Princess, for so graciously welcoming up back. I also thanked my agent for sprinkling whatever magic dust he had!

We are leaving tomorrow on Ruby and booked a obstruction OV and got an upgrade to an Aloha Deck BE Balcony! We were totally stoked. Cannot wait to board Ruby tomorrow.

We are leaving tomorrow on Ruby and booked a obstruction OV and got an upgrade to an Aloha Deck BE Balcony! We were totally stoked. Cannot wait to board Ruby tomorrow.

Wow, now that's an upgrade worth crowing about! Enjoy!!!

Congratulations. I hope when you return that you will post a review with lots of pictures.

Happy Cruising!

I plan to right a review when we get back and will try to post pictures. Have to figure out how to do it. Last time I posted them on FB and then posted a link here to then. Have not figured out how to post the nice big pictures directly on here.

Edited by karena1

Karena1...can you tell me when you were informed about the upgrade? We are booked in an OV for Feb. 20 and there are a ton of balcony cabins available. I'm hoping they need to spread the workload around for the Stewards and hoping the UG Fairy visits before we sail. (Hey, one can wish!!!)

I have to admit to not always believing all the upgrades or move over offers that I have read about on CC. Sometimes they seem to good to be true. Then this happened.

While doing a 4 day cruise on the Ruby over Christmas we booked a five day cruise on the Ruby, January 27 - February 1st, to take advantage of the free cruise offer. I truly believe that we were the last to book as the only cabin we could get was an inside, B744, category ID.

OK, never had an inside cabin before even though DW always pushed to try one as we could cruise a bit cheaper that way.

We just received a call from our TA and she said we had a move over offer. If we gave up our Inside Cabin on the January 27th Ruby Cruise, Princess would put us in a category B2 cabin, C324, Caribbe Deck on the February 1st Ruby sailing. In addition we would get 1/2 our cruise fare in OBC and still have the entire cruise fare eligible as credit toward our next cruise on Princess in 2014. Needless to say I told the TA to call them back and accept the offer before they changed their mind.

I don't understand why Princess would do this, or what was so important about our inside cabin that they would make an offer like this to get us out. In truth I don't really care, I consider that we are somehow blessed to get this offer even though DW will have to wait a bit longer to try out an inside cabin.

Smiling a lot on the Central Florida Ridge!

Dave

WOW! That's a helluva move-over offer!! I wouldn't have hesitated either. I imagine the offer was so good because they couldn't find others that could change their travel plans on such short notice without airfare penalties...

Karena1...can you tell me when you were informed about the upgrade? We are booked in an OV for Feb. 20 and there are a ton of balcony cabins available. I'm hoping they need to spread the workload around for the Stewards and hoping the UG Fairy visits before we sail. (Hey, one can wish!!!)

After 20 some cruises (mostly on Carnival) and every one we took an assigned cabin--- for the first time ever I am now booked with a mini suite guarantee.

(which were sailing the same price as the balcony I was wanting)

I am seeing VERY few mini are sold. So I told my dad--- we will be getting one of those-- (he doesnt do good with the not knowing) but the price was good enough to take my chance

Agent said I will know a few days before my sailing which is not until march.

Karena how did you hear about your upgrade? Did you have to ask for it or did they just call or email you?

Are you booking with independent travel agents or princess directly? This will be my 9th cruise with princess and I have never received an upgrade.

We always book with PCL rather than a TA. Since we live in Okla. I am not aware of any Cruise Knowledgeable TA's, but there probably are some. :confused:

Anyway, I enjoy the planning our trips and cruises too much to allow someone else to do it for me. We have cruised 4 times with PCL and on each of the last three (3) cruises we have received the option to upgrade to a suite from our booked mini-suite for a small fee. :D Of course we have jumped at the chance and will any time PCL offers.

Now we are spoiled!! :rolleyes:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling
addition